Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed) | Page 73 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe in talks with Argyle (Confirmed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 24, 2014
Plymouth
Centre Circle":3i4dloi4 said:
I really, strongly feel a lot of our fans need to have a reality check.

The whole conversation of a deal being ‘imminent’ has come from social media and other sources of conjecture. Neither the club or Ryan Lowe (or anyone else who could actually set the agenda) have said a thing.

We don’t know for a fact that anyone has been offered the job. We don’t know for a fact that anyone is mulling it over. We don’t know if a delay has been caused by a clubs financial issues. We don’t know if any particular individual has familial considerations that have delayed an announcement.

I’m staggered (although I shouldn’t be and should know better) that Lowe is being written off for delaying, etc. etc. when no one knows if it’s true!!!!!

We all need to be patient and wait for an announcement - then we can start legitimately knicker twisting if we wish.

Indeed, but arrogance gets the better of some.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
A few years ago Adams complained that we were behind other teams in terms of planning for the new season because we were involved in the play-offs, here we are in play-off weekend and even Newport could be ahead of us in preparation for the new season.

The players like Carey and Lameiras and even the players under contract will also want to know what manager we choose.

I can understand the directors being diligent and patient to make sure we get the right man but they have to make sure that the planning for the new season isn't affected too much.

Who ever it is needs to be in place by the end of May.

David Friio's mate

✅ Evergreen
Apr 8, 2019
Agreed. It's really bad that this has dragged on so long.

Just posted something very similar to X Isle on the other thread - if Lowe isn't up for it, I hope we aren't hanging on waiting for someone who's heart would never be in it.

Mar 27, 2008
Fareham HAMPSHIRE
He could have gone on tv today and said I have decided not to go to Plymouth . Accepted he could be using the Plymouth option as a bargaining chip with the Chairman over his personal financial situation and his value . The alternative view is that he is the no1 candidate but he cannot be seen to be the first one to jump ship from Bury . As the Manager he must take the lead regarding the players and staff back pay and their futures . Equally Argyle need the Bury financial situation and Lowe’s contractural and monies owed status to be finalised before they can agree a settlement figure with the Bury Chairman . Surely if it was anyone else would have been announced by now ( unless it’s Flynn Newport lost )

May 16, 2016
Centre Circle":2sf0nzso said:
I really, strongly feel a lot of our fans need to have a reality check.

The whole conversation of a deal being ‘imminent’ has come from social media and other sources of conjecture. Neither the club or Ryan Lowe (or anyone else who could actually set the agenda) have said a thing.

We don’t know for a fact that anyone has been offered the job. We don’t know for a fact that anyone is mulling it over. We don’t know if a delay has been caused by a clubs financial issues. We don’t know if any particular individual has familial considerations that have delayed an announcement.

I’m staggered (although I shouldn’t be and should know better) that Lowe is being written off for delaying, etc. etc. when no one knows if it’s true!!!!!

We all need to be patient and wait for an announcement - then we can start legitimately knicker twisting if we wish.

Agree. I might be naive, but I dont think he's the only one to have been interviewed so wont be preparing any essays or long winded way of saying he may or may not be coming just yet.

Mar 7, 2006
On secondment in Kent
Do we know for sure that Lowe is holding out for the Bury situation to resolve itself? Or are we actually waiting for Argyle to agree terms with the flub that currently employs him?

People so quick to accuse him of this that or the other. Is there anyone who knows the actual situation?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
No. Which makes all these comments all the more ridiculous.

People are making huge assumptions based on very little, then casting their own judgments on top of those assumptions.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
You're right of course, but Postey makes a very valid point.

Whoever it is, we have to get a move on.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Biggs":1thy91lq said:
No. Which makes all these comments all the more ridiculous.

People are making huge assumptions based on very little, then casting their own judgments on top of those assumptions.

Yeah, what else do we do? Sit here and keep opinions and views to ourselves unless we have 100% concrete credible information?

It would all be a bit bland

Rokerite

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Mar 18, 2019
Welwyn Pilgrim":fq4un2nq said:
League 2 season officially over now so expect an announcement very soon....I hope ..

Indeed, perhaps everything will then be crystal clear and the reason for the delay become obvious.

Jul 12, 2016
People are making assumptions because that's all they can do .
Most fans are eager to see who we are going to recruit and this ongoing saga does not help to lift the spirits after the rubbish season we have experienced.

A

ArgyleGarg0yle

Post match.

"I'm a league One manager, everybody wants to be at the highest level, and I hope to be managing in League One next season, but with Bury's trouble off the pitch, who knows, but I hope to stay"

Status
Not open for further replies.