Lowe threatens clear out | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe threatens clear out

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Wootoon, Grant, Canavan, Sawyer, C Grant, Mayor, and Taylor have all been underwhelming to date.

I’d also go as far to say Lowes tactics have been lacking somewhat when things aren’t going to plan. If we lose the fight in midfield then why bother playing out from the back everytime? It’s too predictable and easy to counter. Every time we stated play the scunny players let us bring the ball out without closing us down too much because they knew the play would break down 4/5 times.

Rudden was absolutely gagging for balls into the channels yesterday. He was trying his best to stay on side, pointing to a through ball or long ball down the flanks to run into and we ignored him, played it inside and again lost possession.

We’re too rigid, too predictable and too easy to stop. There needs to be more freedom in our build up play to see a long ball option or a cross field pass. Players need to have the backing to make decisions and not to stick rigidly to a format when it’s not working.

Jun 27, 2019
PL2 3DQ":16pa3o5j said:
WoodsyGreen":16pa3o5j said:
PL2 3DQ":16pa3o5j said:
I would add that at Bury that because of the financial crisis there was a siege-like mentality amongst the players and management which helped them get promoted.

Of the new signings Joe Edwards looks the most vulnerable.

You surely can't be serious? Edwards was the outstanding performer of the opening weeks of the season, and if his form has suffered of late it's only because he's been dragged out of position to cover for the incompetence of our main right wingback.

Talking of whom, Riley has to go in January whatever the cost. He is so far from being suited to our system that a replacement needs to be brought in as a matter of urgency, which would free Edwards up to play in the position where he has so much more impact.

Of the rest, Wooton, Sawyer, Canavan and Taylor are all on extremely thin ice. In fact, a couple of them have already fallen through the ice and are treading water. If we can find two new centre-backs and another striker in January then three of those named can be paid up and told to find new clubs. Sawyer will probably be kept on due to his status as captain and local boy, but he's cover at best.

I'm one of those who still has faith in Lowe and his style of play. However, there are clearly some serious personnel issues and our results will continue to suffer while we're carrying passengers who aren't fit for promotion-winning football. It's essential that we stay in touch with the playoffs until we can make the necessary changes to the squad, or else we'll be looking at another season in this wasteland of a league, which would be a serious disappointment.

On another note, what happened to the much-hailed 97% player availability rate at Bury last season? I think we can safely say that's been exposed as complete luck and nothing more.

The question was 'who from the new players was Lowe talking about who could be shipped out', not the Adams' signings that you have listed.
Edwards has been subbed six times in 11 league games which suggests Lowe is losing patience with him.

Who of the new players do you think Lowe is talking about?

I don't think he's talking about any of his signings. He's clearly disappointed with some of the players he inherited, but he can hardly hammer them in public without also including his own signings. Doing so would create a split in his squad, which would make things even worse.

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I'd completely forgotten about Tafari Moore. Adam's did leave some absolutel rubbish behind for Lowe to sort out.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
WoodsyGreen":3uir5kst said:
PL2 3DQ":3uir5kst said:
WoodsyGreen":3uir5kst said:
PL2 3DQ":3uir5kst said:
I would add that at Bury that because of the financial crisis there was a siege-like mentality amongst the players and management which helped them get promoted.

You surely can't be serious? Edwards was the outstanding performer of the opening weeks of the season, and if his form has suffered of late it's only because he's been dragged out of position to cover for the incompetence of our main right wingback.

Talking of whom, Riley has to go in January whatever the cost. He is so far from being suited to our system that a replacement needs to be brought in as a matter of urgency, which would free Edwards up to play in the position where he has so much more impact.

Of the rest, Wooton, Sawyer, Canavan and Taylor are all on extremely thin ice. In fact, a couple of them have already fallen through the ice and are treading water. If we can find two new centre-backs and another striker in January then three of those named can be paid up and told to find new clubs. Sawyer will probably be kept on due to his status as captain and local boy, but he's cover at best.

I'm one of those who still has faith in Lowe and his style of play. However, there are clearly some serious personnel issues and our results will continue to suffer while we're carrying passengers who aren't fit for promotion-winning football. It's essential that we stay in touch with the playoffs until we can make the necessary changes to the squad, or else we'll be looking at another season in this wasteland of a league, which would be a serious disappointment.

On another note, what happened to the much-hailed 97% player availability rate at Bury last season? I think we can safely say that's been exposed as complete luck and nothing more.

The question was 'who from the new players was Lowe talking about who could be shipped out', not the Adams' signings that you have listed.
Edwards has been subbed six times in 11 league games which suggests Lowe is losing patience with him.

Who of the new players do you think Lowe is talking about?

I don't think he's talking about any of his signings. He's clearly disappointed with some of the players he inherited, but he can hardly hammer them in public without also including his own signings. Doing so would create a split in his squad, which would make things even worse.

Here is his quote.

"In terms of come January, if they are not performing they can move on. Whether you have just come or not, it doesn’t matter, and that’s right the way up the pitch."

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Dubai Green":3r19sqm0 said:
I’m a simple person.

(Quiet at the back)

When it comes to expectations, I’ve learned a lot in life, including not to expect instant success. Indeed, not to expect any success - life is much happier that way if and when success comes. Which, of course, I hope it does.

Living overseas, I watch pretty much every game on iFollow. When it comes to the team, I don’t care for formations or tactics. I just want to see a good game and a decent effort.

Critically, when it comes to managers, I just want passion and honesty. Of course, some ability to sign good players and win games too. But I’ve seen umpty thrumpty previous Argyle managers serving up post match twaddle about being the better side, or clichés like “we need to dust ourselves off” and “we’ve got a chance to put it right next week”. The more that sort of nonsense comes out, the closer they’ve been to leaving the club, at least in my 30+ years of following Argyle.

So I say thank you Ryan. Your honesty about recent performances is refreshing. I back you to get it right. And I understand that it might take time. So many have gone before you pretending everything’s OK. I’m delighted finally to have a manager who says it as it is.

That’ll do me for now.
But surely when we've just been relegated when we shouldn't have been, you have to expect us to bounce straight back, you'd have to be very unambitious not to expect that.

Feb 15, 2005
Who would want to take these poor underperforming players who are contracted till at least the end of this season.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
It's taken Lowe 3 months to work out what most Argyle fans could have told him in minutes, none of the deadwood left by Adams from his disastrous recruitment of last year has got anything to offer a team who are hoping to be serious promotion contenders.

They would have very little to offer in a team playing direct, hooffball football but for him to think that they could play in the style that he wants to employ is absolutely ridiculous. People have to be comfortable on the ball and the ball has to be moved around in a slick manner to players who are mobile and who can find a bit of space. Instead, we have a very predictable and pedestrian Plan A with no Plan B for when it doesn't work, which is mostly the case.

After the dour Adams years, Lowe was like a breath of fresh air with his constant positivity but that is all looking rather shallow now that his actions as the Manager are not matching up to the hype and his promises of attacking, exciting football.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":9a3jvsmc said:
Dubai Green":9a3jvsmc said:
I’m a simple person.

(Quiet at the back)

When it comes to expectations, I’ve learned a lot in life, including not to expect instant success. Indeed, not to expect any success - life is much happier that way if and when success comes. Which, of course, I hope it does.

Living overseas, I watch pretty much every game on iFollow. When it comes to the team, I don’t care for formations or tactics. I just want to see a good game and a decent effort.

Critically, when it comes to managers, I just want passion and honesty. Of course, some ability to sign good players and win games too. But I’ve seen umpty thrumpty previous Argyle managers serving up post match twaddle about being the better side, or clichés like “we need to dust ourselves off” and “we’ve got a chance to put it right next week”. The more that sort of nonsense comes out, the closer they’ve been to leaving the club, at least in my 30+ years of following Argyle.

So I say thank you Ryan. Your honesty about recent performances is refreshing. I back you to get it right. And I understand that it might take time. So many have gone before you pretending everything’s OK. I’m delighted finally to have a manager who says it as it is.

That’ll do me for now.
But surely when we've just been relegated when we shouldn't have been, you have to expect us to bounce straight back, you'd have to be very unambitious not to expect that.

Not when you have lost your 3 best players. And the others remaining must have been hopeless still to get relegated with them in the team.

Dec 3, 2005
WoodsyGreen":1bm8ifuo said:
PL2 3DQ":1bm8ifuo said:

So how/why was it that Argyle looked alot more dangerous with Riley on the pitch, yesterday?

B

Bonehead

Josh Grant is a bloody liability, I’d rather have a 60 year old Tommy Tynan playing in defence, at fault again for the equaliser . Useless.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
plymouth1970":26bfgh8j said:
Josh Grant is a bloody liability, I’d rather have a 60 year old Tommy Tynan playing in defence, at fault again for the equaliser . Useless.
aimson missed the through ball at the end.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
i thought riley did ok personally,better than edwards who was justifiably subbed.i would play randell in place of connor grant and bring in rudden for taylor with lolos alongside him.rudden really shook up the scunny defence and has pace,lolos has no pace but has the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

Oct 5, 2013
For me the biggest disappointment up til now has been Mayor.
In 50 years of watching Argyle, he’s the best at beating players one-on-one that I’ve seen, superbly skilled and it’s so easy for him.
But he’s so predictable! Only ever comes inside looking for the reverse switch to the overlapping MacFadzean.
Never plays/gets played on the right side (not his fault if that’s the team plan).
But NO left foot whatsoever, which is what makes him so predictable! Why do these players not develop their skills and get at least average with both feet?
Obviously tries very hard as can see from his reactions, so attitude is clearly good.
Very disappointing though, and wonder if he’s one of the ones RL has in mind.

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
philevs":11j6f3eq said:
For me the biggest disappointment up til now has been Mayor.
In 50 years of watching Argyle, he’s the best at beating players one-on-one that I’ve seen, superbly skilled and it’s so easy for him.
But he’s so predictable! Only ever comes inside looking for the reverse switch to the overlapping MacFadzean.
Never plays/gets played on the right side (not his fault if that’s the team plan).
But NO left foot whatsoever, which is what makes him so predictable! Why do these players not develop their skills and get at least average with both feet?
Obviously tries very hard as can see from his reactions, so attitude is clearly good.
Very disappointing though, and wonder if he’s one of the ones RL has in mind.

I doubt it, given the fanfare he arrived too and the probability that he is one of our highest paid players due to the interest he commanded.

Mar 8, 2016
Josh Grant isn’t covering himself in glory right now, can’t see him playing again anytime soon, C Grant, well the less said about him the better, I hope he never has the privilege of wearing a argyle shirt for the first team again, he’s stealing a living. Edwards has been decent when in midfield. Rudden needs a run of games while our other strikers are injured because Taylor is sh1te. Lowe is now starting to see that he has a big job on his hands. We’ve seen glimpses of the good football that he is so desperate to deliver and I fully back him to get it right, he’s just unfortunate to have a lot of crap left behind by Adams. This season will be frustrating. Next season will be much better I’m sure. COYG