Lowe threatens clear out | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Lowe threatens clear out

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":3qnmnnfw said:
WoodsyGreen":3qnmnnfw said:
PL2 3DQ":3qnmnnfw said:
I would add that at Bury that because of the financial crisis there was a siege-like mentality amongst the players and management which helped them get promoted.

Of the new signings Joe Edwards looks the most vulnerable.

You surely can't be serious? Edwards was the outstanding performer of the opening weeks of the season, and if his form has suffered of late it's only because he's been dragged out of position to cover for the incompetence of our main right wingback.

Talking of whom, Riley has to go in January whatever the cost. He is so far from being suited to our system that a replacement needs to be brought in as a matter of urgency, which would free Edwards up to play in the position where he has so much more impact.

Of the rest, Wooton, Sawyer, Canavan and Taylor are all on extremely thin ice. In fact, a couple of them have already fallen through the ice and are treading water. If we can find two new centre-backs and another striker in January then three of those named can be paid up and told to find new clubs. Sawyer will probably be kept on due to his status as captain and local boy, but he's cover at best.

I'm one of those who still has faith in Lowe and his style of play. However, there are clearly some serious personnel issues and our results will continue to suffer while we're carrying passengers who aren't fit for promotion-winning football. It's essential that we stay in touch with the playoffs until we can make the necessary changes to the squad, or else we'll be looking at another season in this wasteland of a league, which would be a serious disappointment.

On another note, what happened to the much-hailed 97% player availability rate at Bury last season? I think we can safely say that's been exposed as complete luck and nothing more.

I’d say Canavan and Taylor have fallen thru the thin ice and are deep in freezing water. The only way I see them being at the club in Feb is if no one wants them.
So they will both still be with us in Feb!