Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
āœ… Evergreen
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
WoodsyGreen":3f0ijlj9 said:
I liked Tyler but had to accept that in the end he just didn't have enough quality to make it in League football. Jephcott doesn't have the technical skills that Harvey did/does, but his positioning, movement, strength and finishing are far superior.

That's what I was getting at with the Kane/Muller comparison, expressed much better :thumbup:

Add (in what appears to me) mentality to that, as well.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
demportdave":3oshvi27 said:
vibratingspider":3oshvi27 said:
demportdave":3oshvi27 said:
How does he compare to the young Mariner, Rafferty, Tynan or Binney and a host of other Argyle forwards who had good careers, surely a more realistic comparison.

Also, and with all due respect to him, can we move on from constantly bringing poor old Tyler Harvey into the discussion.
So you're asking us to compare him with Argyle legends from 30 plus years ago but not Tyler Harvey, a guy who played for Argyle at exactly the same age and level five years ago? Alrighty then dave.

Removed by Site Admin and take a night off.

At this stage in Jephcottā€™s career it might be more appropriate to compare him with the young Mariner, or maybe the young Evans, rather than established world-class players.

Jephcott has already achieved more at Argyle than Tyler Harvey did so the comparison is not relevant. There are countless forwards who never made it at Argyle and they have been forgotten but for reasons which escape me, that is not the care with Harvey.

Perhaps Iā€™m not too bright either, but I canā€™t understand the fixation with Tyler Harvey with certain posters. He may not be an Argyle playing legend but he is a PASOTI legend.

There's no fixation going on here - merely that he's a good example of a player that seemed to have a bright future but that didn't quite reach the level we hoped he would. If Luke's surpassing that level, then that suggests he will have a brighter future. That's it really. I don't think there's much relevance in comparing how Luke compares to Trigger, Tynan or Mariner because, frankly, I don't think I've seen enough of Luke to think he's going to hit those levels - plus, how do we compare him when football was a completely different game back in those days, and the level of quality was so completely different. It feels far more logical to compare him with a recent player that played at the same level at the same age for the same football club.

And as for the "I realise you are not too bright" comment. There's no need for that, frankly. We're all Argyle fans and it's a healthy debate, so let's not stoop to that level of childishness eh?

Aug 8, 2006
Portland, Oregon, USA
Debates are health and we should respect others opinions. Making it personal and the "I realise you are not too bright" comment is a reason I don't post much on here anymore.

He's now taken a night off perhaps that will help educate. Site Admin.

Keepitgreen

šŸ† Callum Wright 23/24
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
ā™£ļø PACSA Member
ā™£ļø Senior Greens
āœ… Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
šŸŽ« S.T. Donor šŸŽ«
šŸš‘ Steve Hooper
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Never in doubt. Well done Luke.

Tugboat

Cream First
šŸ‡°šŸ‡Ŗ Welicar Donor
āœ… Evergreen
āœØPasoti DonorāœØ
šŸŒŸSparksy MuralšŸŒŸ
Feb 24, 2007
Best bit of news yet.

Brilliant prospect and heā€™s got a real chance of making himself a key player for us.

vibratingspider

Joined 1996
Jam First
Oct 1, 2006
budock":mdboc9a2 said:
vibratingspider":mdboc9a2 said:
demportdave":mdboc9a2 said:
vibratingspider":mdboc9a2 said:
demportdave":mdboc9a2 said:
How does he compare to the young Mariner, Rafferty, Tynan or Binney and a host of other Argyle forwards who had good careers, surely a more realistic comparison.

Also, and with all due respect to him, can we move on from constantly bringing poor old Tyler Harvey into the discussion.
So you're asking us to compare him with Argyle legends from 30 plus years ago but not Tyler Harvey, a guy who played for Argyle at exactly the same age and level five years ago? Alrighty then dave.
I realise you are not too bright so I will explain it to you.

At this stage in Jephcottā€™s career it might be more appropriate to compare him with the young Mariner, or maybe the young Evans, rather than established world-class players.

Jephcott has already achieved more at Argyle than Tyler Harvey did so the comparison is not relevant. There are countless forwards who never made it at Argyle and they have been forgotten but for reasons which escape me, that is not the care with Harvey.

Perhaps Iā€™m not too bright either, but I canā€™t understand the fixation with Tyler Harvey with certain posters. He may not be an Argyle playing legend but he is a PASOTI legend.

There's no fixation going on here - merely that he's a good example of a player that seemed to have a bright future but that didn't quite reach the level we hoped he would. If Luke's surpassing that level, then that suggests he will have a brighter future. That's it really. I don't think there's much relevance in comparing how Luke compares to Trigger, Tynan or Mariner because, frankly, I don't think I've seen enough of Luke to think he's going to hit those levels - plus, how do we compare him when football was a completely different game back in those days, and the level of quality was so completely different. It feels far more logical to compare him with a recent player that played at the same level at the same age for the same football club.

And as for the "I realise you are not too bright" comment. There's no need for that, frankly. We're all Argyle fans and it's a healthy debate, so let's not stoop to that level of childishness eh?

Debates are health and we should respect others opinions. Making it personal and the "I realise you are not too bright" comment is a reason I don't post much on here anymore.
Likewise. A classic example of, sadly, rather typical Pasoti behaviour :roll:

Anyway, good news that Luke has signed on the dotted line again - a massive season coming up for him which may go some way to shaping the rest of his career.

Jun 27, 2019
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":20eu3y87 said:
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

A million pound player??

In these circumstances no chance I'm afraid.

Halmosi, Buzacky nor Ebanks Blake only got "Plymouth " prices.