Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed)

Jul 14, 2008
Jephcott has a natural ability to know where to find space in the box. If you listen to people like Ian Wright you can’t teach that and it’s a special talent to have. I think he will make a lot of money for us - hopefully he is on a multi year contract.

Oct 5, 2013
Herts_Green":32ixn1ag said:
Jephcott has a natural ability to know where to find space in the box. If you listen to people like Ian Wright you can’t teach that and it’s a special talent to have. I think he will make a lot of money for us - hopefully he is on a multi year contract.

I think you’re right, in the sense that it all happens so quickly in the box and therefore all the theory serves for nothing because it all comes down to instinct.

Jul 3, 2013
philevs":3j4k72pz said:
Ave_IT":3j4k72pz said:
Stiffler":3j4k72pz said:
Can't see him anything more than a squad player if we are looking at the top end of the table. However, credit where credit is due and he deserves a new improved deal. He must be at the lower end of the wage scale.
Well your opinion is as good as mine but I completely disagree. This boy is the real deal - if he avoids bad injuries he has a terrific career ahead of him - well above L1 standard. He oozes class and will score plenty. Let's enjoy him while he's here, make the most of him and get a top notch price when he moves. Great news he's with us a while longer.

Stiffler you’re entitled to your opinion but it disagrees with mine, and also clearly with that of RL and SS who seem to have exceptionally good playing ability judgment. I agree with Ave_IT that Jephers is the “real deal”, and we shall see....
I also think he’ll be in the Championship the season after next, with us.

I really do hope I am wrong but just cant see him being a regular starter. It will be interesting to see what we go for over the summer as I would put money on us not having a first choice front line of Telford and Jephcott, you can see from the way we approach games that at least one forward on the starting list has pace, when Hardie did not start then Byron was in a forward role and earlier in the season the same occured with Grant or Byron playing alongside Taylor or Rudden.
It would be very suprising and change in approach if both Telford and Jephcott were our regular starting pair but time will tell.

Oct 5, 2013
Stiffler":30rhkj50 said:
philevs":30rhkj50 said:
Ave_IT":30rhkj50 said:
Stiffler":30rhkj50 said:
Can't see him anything more than a squad player if we are looking at the top end of the table. However, credit where credit is due and he deserves a new improved deal. He must be at the lower end of the wage scale.
Well your opinion is as good as mine but I completely disagree. This boy is the real deal - if he avoids bad injuries he has a terrific career ahead of him - well above L1 standard. He oozes class and will score plenty. Let's enjoy him while he's here, make the most of him and get a top notch price when he moves. Great news he's with us a while longer.

Stiffler you’re entitled to your opinion but it disagrees with mine, and also clearly with that of RL and SS who seem to have exceptionally good playing ability judgment. I agree with Ave_IT that Jephers is the “real deal”, and we shall see....
I also think he’ll be in the Championship the season after next, with us.

I really do hope I am wrong but just cant see him being a regular starter. It will be interesting to see what we go for over the summer as I would put money on us not having a first choice front line of Telford and Jephcott, you can see from the way we approach games that at least one forward on the starting list has pace, when Hardie did not start then Byron was in a forward role and earlier in the season the same occured with Grant or Byron playing alongside Taylor or Rudden.
It would be very suprising and change in approach if both Telford and Jephcott were our regular starting pair but time will tell.

Just to say that Telford has tremendous pace, and I think he and Jephcott would be great together (as were Hardie and Jephcott).

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I'm really happy with this news. Jephcott seems to be a natural goalscorer with good movement into space to get shots/headers on goal and great anticipation. Let's hope he continues to develop.

Oct 8, 2005
cattedown
This is good news. I think he will improve a lot quicker under Lowe and could progress into a championship player fairly quickly. Should work well for both parties.

Barrie Davis

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
Ponty":335l8l3q said:
WoodsyGreen":335l8l3q said:
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

A million pound player??

In these circumstances no chance I'm afraid.

Halmosi, Buzacky nor Ebanks Blake only got "Plymouth " prices.

£2 million for Halmosi is a Plymouth price?

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Barrie Davis":2ajgaqu3 said:
Ponty":2ajgaqu3 said:
WoodsyGreen":2ajgaqu3 said:
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

A million pound player??

In these circumstances no chance I'm afraid.

Halmosi, Buzacky nor Ebanks Blake only got "Plymouth " prices.

£2 million for Halmosi is a Plymouth price?

Halmosi was the only one we got a good price for. The other 2 were sold well short of value. Particularly Buzsacky

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Emu":3dzm4lqd said:
There was a good fee for Norris too.
And gosling