Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Luke Jephcott (signs - confirmed)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
Ponty":1dqi4qlp said:
WoodsyGreen":1dqi4qlp said:
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

A million pound player??

In these circumstances no chance I'm afraid.

Halmosi, Buzacky nor Ebanks Blake only got "Plymouth " prices.

Different days with different prices, I am afraid. Think of inflationary influences on the value of your house over 15 years. He may well not make a £1m transfer fee but on the other hand I think the club could make a very healthy return on its' investment down recent years

Jun 27, 2019
Ponty":3ai78yom said:
WoodsyGreen":3ai78yom said:
Delighted to hear this. It would have been easy pickings for a Championship club to come in and take a gamble on him for what would have been a minuscule compensatory fee.

Really looking forward to seeing what he can do in League One. If he hits double figures then I don't think it's a stretch to say we'll have a million-pound player on our hands.

A million pound player??

In these circumstances no chance I'm afraid.

Halmosi, Buzacky nor Ebanks Blake only got "Plymouth " prices.

Hopefully the days of Plymouth prices are over. True, the current situation might have an impact on transfer fees, but I doubt it'll linger too long once crowds come back.

A 21-year-old striker hitting double figures in League One would easily command £1m. Players have left that league for £3m+.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I was never too impressed when I watched him last season but it is clear that he has benefitted from his time at Truro and, since his return, he has added a mobility and enthusiasm to his game.
I am particularly impressed with his running off the ball and his late runs into the box, aiming to get in front of a defender and pointing to where he wants the ball.
I am sure that Ryan and Shuey have coached this into his game.
Let’s hope he continues where he left off; perhaps he will develop a good understanding with a fit Dom Telford. Unfortunately, can’t see us getting Ryan Hardie back.

Jul 3, 2013
Can't see him anything more than a squad player if we are looking at the top end of the table. However, credit where credit is due and he deserves a new improved deal. He must be at the lower end of the wage scale.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
If Luke continues his scoring form in League 1 I don’t think it would be long before Ryan Giggs might include him in a full Welsh squad during the next season, especially since he’s played well at Welsh youth levels when representing them.

Apr 15, 2004
East Devon
Stiffler":3e3kitbp said:
Can't see him anything more than a squad player if we are looking at the top end of the table. However, credit where credit is due and he deserves a new improved deal. He must be at the lower end of the wage scale.
Well your opinion is as good as mine but I completely disagree. This boy is the real deal - if he avoids bad injuries he has a terrific career ahead of him - well above L1 standard. He oozes class and will score plenty. Let's enjoy him while he's here, make the most of him and get a top notch price when he moves. Great news he's with us a while longer.

May 8, 2011
davie nine":2o1hadti said:
I was never too impressed when I watched him last season but it is clear that he has benefitted from his time at Truro and, since his return, he has added a mobility and enthusiasm to his game.
I am particularly impressed with his running off the ball and his late runs into the box, aiming to get in front of a defender and pointing to where he wants the ball.
Let’s hope he continues where he left off; perhaps he will develop a good understanding with a fit Dom Telford. Unfortunately, can’t see us getting Ryan Hardie back.

Jephcott has always scored plenty of goals throughout his youth career at Argyle, in the U18s and the SWPL, he first came to be noticed for scoring goals as a 15 year old in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup, so I think the people we need to thank are all the coaches throughout his time in the Academy especially the two Kevins, Hodges and Nancekivell.
We also owe Paul Wotton a lot of thanks for restoring a lot of his self confidence and self belief.

Aug 5, 2016
Stiffler":3hpm92c4 said:

Who says we are going to be battling at the top end of the table?

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
HC Green":16mzlyiy said:
davie nine":16mzlyiy said:

Jephcott has always scored plenty of goals throughout his youth career at Argyle, in the U18s and the SWPL, he first came to be noticed for scoring goals as a 15 year old in the Northern Ireland Milk Cup, so I think the people we need to thank are all the coaches throughout his time in the Academy especially the two Kevins, Hodges and Nancekivell.
We also owe Paul Wotton a lot of thanks for restoring a lot of his self confidence and self belief.

Why did it need restoring?

Cdp

Oct 18, 2014
Wrexham
Knibbsworth":19nv1si5 said:
Stiffler":19nv1si5 said:

who say we wont be battling at the top.
Why would we go look ahead to a season with anything but optimism. That's what football is all about. :scarf:

Oct 5, 2013
Ave_IT":2ct1589t said:
Stiffler":2ct1589t said:
Well your opinion is as good as mine but I completely disagree. This boy is the real deal - if he avoids bad injuries he has a terrific career ahead of him - well above L1 standard. He oozes class and will score plenty. Let's enjoy him while he's here, make the most of him and get a top notch price when he moves. Great news he's with us a while longer.

Stiffler you’re entitled to your opinion but it disagrees with mine, and also clearly with that of RL and SS who seem to have exceptionally good playing ability judgment. I agree with Ave_IT that Jephers is the “real deal”, and we shall see....
I also think he’ll be in the Championship the season after next, with us.

Aug 5, 2016
Cdp82":15ct9v3b said:
Knibbsworth":15ct9v3b said:
Stiffler":15ct9v3b said:

who say we wont be battling at the top.
Why would we go look ahead to a season with anything but optimism. That's what football is all about. :scarf:

Well if we stop playing Jephcott because he isn't as good as Ivan Toney, and we expect ourselves to be a top 3 team (based on what?), then I for one will be a little bit sad.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
Telford and Jephcott will be our front 2 for next season.

Jul 12, 2016
Tugboat":16ddehjj said:
Telford and Jephcott will be our front 2 for next season.
Lets hope they can form a good partnership because unfortunately I cannot see Hardie coming back .He is going to be a very difficult act to follow.