Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 11 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
GreenThing":12em2zw7 said:
Herts_Green":12em2zw7 said:
I thought I read that we did have to compensate Grimsby. Unfortunately I’m not sure Macclesfield are in a position to compensate Argyle.

When they go into administration, we’ll end up with 0.07% of any compensation due, paid over 10yrs.

Probably nothing in compensation I reckon, with Argyle Ticket Office being at the end of the queue as an unsecured creditor.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
A good firm holding statement on the pacf site a little earlier ( looking like AP & SH are behind it) .........if it becomes announced that tickets will be valid for the re-scheduled match it would be tempting to take that easy option, but clearly with the risk that MT become a bad debtor!

Dec 22, 2004
Plymouth
Gone to watch Port Vale vs Cheltenham as we are up here. New ground for James. Locals here are amazing. Bought us food and beer to show solidarity of football fans.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Cabbie you are defending the indefensible.

If they are implementing the rules as set out by the members, why have they actioned them in a completely different way to when Bolton didn't have a certificate? - the rules haven't been amended since that time.

The are supposed to step in when a club doesn't have a safety certificate - that is when they become active and required to take action - so having known for the entire week they decided not to make a decision til 9pm on a Friday when being hounded by people in the media.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":1mbp3ume said:

If they are implementing the rules as set out by the members, why have they actioned them in a completely different way to when Bolton didn't have a certificate? - the rules haven't been amended since that time.

The are supposed to step in when a club doesn't have a safety certificate - that is when they become active and required to take action - so having known for the entire week they decided not to make a decision til 9pm on a Friday when being hounded by people in the media.
Bolton rectified their faults and got their certificate back on the Thursday before their Saturday game.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Voice_of_Reason":5hhwsb4u said:

Do you think that 9pm the day before isn't acceptable because I do? The Argyle squad I would imagine would have left Plymouth around midday so even if they called it off 24 hours before kick off there would have been no benefit to anyone.

Oct 26, 2005
Torbay
I was responsible for the administration of the Safety Certificate at a football ground in a previous life. The responsible body for maintaining the safety of the ground are the Safety Advisory Group comprising the Football Licensing Authority, the Council, Police, Fire, Ambulance and assorted others. If the ground is not compliant, the club would have been given ample notice of the time and date by which they needed to put measures in place to comply and be given the go ahead. The SAG would have to attend a meeting to discuss the issues arising. They do not sit around waiting - the FLA representative, for example, may have 25 grounds under his or her control so cannot up and attend at the whim of a club with previous issues. No remedial work, no compliance, no game. It's the same with any licence or permission - that permission is only valid if the conditions are in place and complied with.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I would imagine from what is being said that the owner of MTFC is the sort to not open his post hoping the problem goes away.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Lundan Cabbie":2d0e9ddo said:
Voice_of_Reason":2d0e9ddo said:

Do you think that 9pm the day before isn't acceptable because I do? The Argyle squad I would imagine would have left Plymouth around midday so even if they called it off 24 hours before kick off there would have been no benefit to anyone.

What about people who paid for train travel or hotel accomodation?

That would have happened well in advance of 9pm on the day before the game.

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
IJN":2o9hywbz said:
I would imagine from what is being said that the owner of MTFC is the sort to not open his post hoping the problem goes away.

Perhaps the way to get his attention would be to kick his team out of the league.

I don't think they would get into the National League as they appear to take this sort of stuff far more seriously, so it would be the local pub league.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
David_Fisher":38hll6gf said:
Lundan Cabbie":38hll6gf said:
Voice_of_Reason":38hll6gf said:

An extra 24 hours would have made no difference to those poor supporters. They would still have been out of pocket by the same amount.

If there is anybody who is not aware, if you use Premier Inn you can cancel up until 1pm on the day of your stay.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
Lundan Cabbie":37vf5uue said:
David_Fisher":37vf5uue said:
Lundan Cabbie":37vf5uue said:
Voice_of_Reason":37vf5uue said:

An extra 24 hours would have made no difference to those poor supporters. They would still have been out of pocket by the same amount.

If there is anybody who is not aware, if you use Premier Inn you can cancel up until 1pm on the day of your stay.

Sorry Cabbie, but it depends on how you buy your accommodation. If you buy the cheapest way, which I suspect most supporters do, then you do not have cancellation option, the room is yours whether or not you take it up. If you spend a bit more, yes, you do have the option of cancelling.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Heathrow Green":1idti1ci said:
Lundan Cabbie":1idti1ci said:
David_Fisher":1idti1ci said:
Lundan Cabbie":1idti1ci said:
Voice_of_Reason":1idti1ci said:

Sorry Cabbie, but it depends on how you buy your accommodation. If you buy the cheapest way, which I suspect most supporters do, then you do not have cancellation option, the room is yours whether or not you take it up. If you spend a bit more, yes, you do have the option of cancelling.

But if you 'spend a bit more' and the trip is cancelled? Then you don't 'spend a bit more', you spend nothing!
I see what you're getting at but, at this time of year, traffic, weather, my recent medical history, notwithstanding individual football club problems, I would always book a cancellation option.
If I can't afford the cancellation 'premium' then maybe I can't afford to go anyway? :think: