Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 12 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

May 8, 2011
Pogleswoody":42et5swf said:
Heathrow Green":42et5swf said:
Lundan Cabbie":42et5swf said:
David_Fisher":42et5swf said:
Lundan Cabbie":42et5swf said:
Voice_of_Reason":42et5swf said:
Cabbie you are defending the indefensible.

If they are implementing the rules as set out by the members, why have they actioned them in a completely different way to when Bolton didn't have a certificate? - the rules haven't been amended since that time.

The are supposed to step in when a club doesn't have a safety certificate - that is when they become active and required to take action - so having known for the entire week they decided not to make a decision til 9pm on a Friday when being hounded by people in the media.

Do you think that 9pm the day before isn't acceptable because I do? The Argyle squad I would imagine would have left Plymouth around midday so even if they called it off 24 hours before kick off there would have been no benefit to anyone.

What about people who paid for train travel or hotel accomodation?

That would have happened well in advance of 9pm on the day before the game.

An extra 24 hours would have made no difference to those poor supporters. They would still have been out of pocket by the same amount.

If there is anybody who is not aware, if you use Premier Inn you can cancel up until 1pm on the day of your stay.

Sorry Cabbie, but it depends on how you buy your accommodation. If you buy the cheapest way, which I suspect most supporters do, then you do not have cancellation option, the room is yours whether or not you take it up. If you spend a bit more, yes, you do have the option of cancelling.

But if you 'spend a bit more' and the trip is cancelled? Then you don't 'spend a bit more', you spend nothing!
I see what you're getting at but, at this time of year, traffic, weather, my recent medical history, notwithstanding individual football club problems, I would always book a cancellation option.
If I can't afford the cancellation 'premium' then maybe I can't afford to go anyway? :think:

I never take out the cancellation option as I would always still go even if unlike yesterday I had already travelled and find something else to do.

Yesterday I had a great day out, bumped into Jeff Welch and chatted about football and his love for Barrow FC. and saw a fantastic goal.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Macc due to be home to Grimsby on Boxing Day game must also be in serious doubt. Realistically a decision on that game needed Christmas Eve

I am not sure Macc can survive long unless a takeover happens very quickly. So some potential recalibration of League table and a free Saturday for Argyle in March looking very likely IMHO.

Edit to add - PS - the table on here still shows Macclesfield on 24 points. :thumbdown:

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
It's been rearranged for Tuesday 18 February.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
And their Boxing Day game with Grimsby goes ahead:

EFL Link

Apr 9, 2011
Keepitgreen":2hvqtzjs said:

EFL Link
Yep i heard that, of all the matches to pick it had to be ours dont know whats going on there just our s****y luck. As someone else said it now makes for horrendous travelling in Feb

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
Well that is good news. I thought I had two wasted tickets but very conveniently just happen to be within a couple of hours of Macclesfield that week.

Sep 6, 2006
phil-thefluter24":300tp4vg said:
Keepitgreen":300tp4vg said:

EFL Link
Yep i heard that, of all the matches to pick it had to be ours dont know whats going on there just our s****y luck. As someone else said it now makes for horrendous travelling in Feb

There were plusses to having the game called off. We will have our super new strike force in for rearranged game :whistle: and more time to prepare for xmas fixtures.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
So we get punished/disadvantaged for something that was in no way our fault. I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Macclesfield’s plight, in particular for their players and fans, however if I a club can’t fulfil a fixture, particularly at such short notice, the other club should be awarded 3 points.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
phil-thefluter24":3kpviy70 said:
Keepitgreen":3kpviy70 said:

EFL Link
Two ways of looking at it. We could have got 3 points then had them taken away later in the season.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Cobi Budge":164ile06 said:
So we get punished/disadvantaged for something that was in no way our fault. I’ve got a lot of sympathy for Macclesfield’s plight, in particular for their players and fans, however if I a club can’t fulfil a fixture, particularly at such short notice, the other club should be awarded 3 points.

Games are postponed for all sorts of reasons, including safety issues which was the problem here. Tradition and common practice is for the match to be rearranged. If Macclesfield face further sanctions over the Argyle postponement then it would be extremely harsh.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Really? Their pee poor management has caused a game to be postponed.

Sanctions are inevitable, and I fear they will be severe.