Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
If you read the bbc sports article posted above. The EFL have made a statement:

"The EFL said the consequences will be "significant" if the game is off."

Full quote:
A league statement said it had "reminded the club of its obligations once again in respect of ensuring it fulfils its fixture commitments."

It added: "Given the outcome of yesterday's hearing decision, the consequences for failure to meet those requirements will be significant."

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Heathrow Green":3bd6o6sg said:
If you read the bbc sports article posted above. The EFL have made a statement:

"The EFL said the consequences will be "significant" if the game is off."

Full quote:
A league statement said it had "reminded the club of its obligations once again in respect of ensuring it fulfils its fixture commitments."

It added: "Given the outcome of yesterday's hearing decision, the consequences for failure to meet those requirements will be significant."

But that statement has no 'facts' or 'decisions' in it!! We can all comment but it is their job to sort this sort of stuff out.

EFL saying: 'If you sort this by 2.45 you can let the Argyle fans in? If not sorted, lock them out!'
WTF!! Do they not care that people have set off today, staying over, or travelling tomorrow early morning on a very busy Xmas weekend?! Do they not care!!?? :shock:

'Absolute clarity'!! :funny:

BTW: Will the Radio Devon commentary team be allowed in?? :think:

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Quite right Pogleswoody - they are in a customer driven industry.

Can you possibly imagine that if this was Leeds away to Swansea and Swansea were in the same boat as Macclesfield they would be sat idly by twiddling their thumbs and saying what will be will be.

Who do Argyle get compensation from if the game is called off to a ground safety issue rather than the weather?
Who do fans from Devon & Cornwall contact at 6am tomorrow morning to confirm whether they can get in?

It absolutely criminal that they just post some spurious nonsense that means absolutely the square root of bugger all.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Chris Errington tweet

Just arrived in Macclesfield after a six-hour drive up the rain-soaked M5 and M6. Now waiting on word from the #EFL about whether Argyle will be playing tomorrow and, if so, whether fans will be allowed inside the ground. #pafc

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Ian Dennis tweet (1700 Friday)

Macclesfield Town are awaiting a decision from East Cheshire Council to have their capacity reinstated.
The club has provided the relevant documentation for 5 key areas to meet the safety certificate requirements.

22 hours to kick off and no clarity. Dreadful.

Supporters coaches leave st 0630. :furious:

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":of7nqt19 said:
Ian Dennis tweet (1700 Friday)

Macclesfield Town are awaiting a decision from East Cheshire Council to have their capacity reinstated.
The club has provided the relevant documentation for 5 key areas to meet the safety certificate requirements.

22 hours to kick off and no clarity. Dreadful.
I hope someone's working overtime.

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Chris Errington

@ChrisErrington1
·
3m
I have contacted the EFL asking them for an update on Macclesfield vs Argyle. I will let you know what is happening as soon as I know. #pafc

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
That's great of Chris and good for us mere mortals who don't have such contacts or clout. However its a total farce the football league are being chased by a local journo at 6pm on a Friday regarding the possibility of a fixture called off due to a lack of a safety certificate.

Aug 8, 2017
Listening to the Radio Lancashire football show and one of the pundits just said he has received a text from a Macclesfield player whilst on air asking if they knew what was happening with the match. What a shambles that not only are the fans being kept waiting but at 6pm the night before a match a player is having to text in to a radio show to ask if they have a game the next day.

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Ian Dennis tweets
1 m

@Iandennisbbc
·
From what I can gather the position remains unchanged from Cheshire East Council and the Safety Advisory Group regarding the safety certificate. Macclesfield say they had supplied the relevant documentation but might not have been in time. Waiting for #mtfc announcement. #pafc

To be fair to the Council they have a statutory duty under the Safety of Sports Grounds Act (1975) to issue safety certificates. They had made numerous requests and not the fault of the council if the club took so long to comply.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Spotlight report just said: 'What we know for sure is that there will be no fans at Macclesfield, even if the game goes ahead'.

They 'know' that, do they? :think:

Tom Cobbley

Jam First
Aug 7, 2011
Oldham
Its a disgrace, fans are going to be travelling all that way and possibly coming straight back again. What planet are the EFL on. They need to step in and make a decision. Fortunately I am only going from Oldham.

PutneyPete

♣️ PASALB Member
Jun 23, 2005
London (Putney)
Chris Errington

@ChrisErrington1
36s
37 seconds ago

More
Still no word from Macclesfield or the EFL about tomorrow's game. An announcement is expected sometime tonight.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
It’s got to be off hasn’t it?

No body working for the local council is going to override this at this time of day.

There’s going to be some out of pocket Argyle fans tonight snd tomorrow!

We’ll now have two games in hand on some teams.

:furious: