Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Tweet from Ian Dennis BBC football reporter

There is some doubt at this stage whether supporters will be allowed inside the ground to watch Macclesfield Town v Plymouth on Saturday. It’s all to do with a safety certificate. “No comment” from Macclesfield.

Hopefully things can be sorted on Friday.

Heathrow Green

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 12, 2011
An airport just outside London
cheshiregreen":26wvem8e said:
Tweet from Ian Dennis BBC football reporter

There is some doubt at this stage whether supporters will be allowed inside the ground to watch Macclesfield Town v Plymouth on Saturday. It’s all to do with a safety certificate. “No comment” from Macclesfield.

Hopefully things can be sorted on Friday.

Sky just reporting the same thing. It could be a zero supporter game, if it goes ahead.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Voice_of_Reason":1815pylk said:
Yes Mervyn, but for the proper footballing authorities to finally act - its needs to be a big club.

No one wants to see it, but for the long term good of the game, a club with stature, someone like a Birmingham, that would finally make everyone take note. Sadly if/when Macclesfield admit defeat (which i think is far more likely than being rescued currently) - no one other the Macc fans will notice, the football league will barely blink and shrug their shoulders, it will be another minnow by the way side. They will throw their arms open to the next basket case on the production line who live beyond their means.

I say basket cases, because despite being pretty good with numbers i've no idea how they managed to think they could pay Sol Campbell (35k a month is the figure being touted) on gates of 1800!!

Even if they could afford it, why would they? Ridiculous!

May 4, 2012
Sunderland
Voice_of_Reason":aqp3jo9c said:
Yes Mervyn, but for the proper footballing authorities to finally act - its needs to be a big club.

No one wants to see it, but for the long term good of the game, a club with stature, someone like a Birmingham, that would finally make everyone take note. Sadly if/when Macclesfield admit defeat (which i think is far more likely than being rescued currently) - no one other the Macc fans will notice, the football league will barely blink and shrug their shoulders, it will be another minnow by the way side. They will throw their arms open to the next basket case on the production line who live beyond their means.

I say basket cases, because despite being pretty good with numbers i've no idea how they managed to think they could pay Sol Campbell (35k a month is the figure being touted) on gates of 1800!!
Would have thought it includes a pretty substantial bonus for keeping them up. If it were say, 100k for keeping them up [which I don't think is unrealistic especially as most people thought they were dead and buried when he came in], that would mean his actual wage was closer to 2k a week, which is pretty standard for League Two (Or was a few seasons back anyway). This isn't based on anything other than guesswork, but I'd say it makes more sense than the full thing being wages.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Argylegames":3of5qjfq said:
If there is no crowd, then good luck to any Argyle fan trying to get a refund from Macclesfield!

Thanks for your sympathy :lol:

Not clear yet whether the EFL will even allow the game to go ahead without a safety certificate.

Keepitgreen

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I'm sure Bolton had their certificate withdrawn last season and had to play behind closed doors.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Keepitgreen":16wn6lgy said:
I'm sure Bolton had their certificate withdrawn last season and had to play behind closed doors.

Can't remember if that happened or not now, but, remember there was a threat.

This is from EFL regulation though.

33 Conduct of Matches

33.1 Behind closed doors. Save with the consent of The League or as a consequence of any disciplinary or regulatory proceedings, no Club may play any League or Cup Match behind closed doors so that the public are excluded from the ground.

A decision needed quickly assuming the team will be on the road Friday before lunch.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The reports say a zero capacity, but not that the ground is closed.

I presume that means the players and officials would be safe and that the match could go ahead with no crowd.

Not good for either set of fans, but getting the game played would reduce the penalty on Macc. and avoid Argyle in an extra Tuesday night trip oop narth.