Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

Sep 6, 2006
Argylegames":2buo3er2 said:
The reports say a zero capacity, but not that the ground is closed.

I presume that means the players and officials would be safe and that the match could go ahead with no crowd.

Not good for either set of fans, but getting the game played would reduce the penalty on Macc. and avoid Argyle in an extra Tuesday night trip oop narth.

A bonus for us surely if its played, having no home fans

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Posting this again. From EFL regulations.

33 Conduct of Matches

33.1 Behind closed doors. Save with the consent of The League or as a consequence of any disciplinary or regulatory proceedings, no Club may play any League or Cup Match behind closed doors so that the public are excluded from the ground.

Can't be played without spectators without League approval

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
This is sounding more and more likely to be off.

MT will be punished, but the EFL are not in the business of awarding automatic wins to the other team.

So we basically get screwed over, long cold Tuesday night game, fans lose train tickets, and fat chance of getting a refund out of MT.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Firstly - let me say this is the fault of the owners of Macclesfield Football Club, sadly yet another shady businessman who cant lie straight in bed.
However, at what point to the football league actually show some consideration and respect for football clubs and football fans alike. Surely they know the distance between Macclesfield and Plymouth, surely they know that Argyle have considerable away support for the level of football and as such, would be doing their level best to at least in some way bring some clarity to the situation.
They are rapidly becoming the most hopeless sporting organisation in the country.

Ray Stidwell

Jam First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 20, 2003
Penn, near High Wycombe
In the face of all this uncertainty I’ve just decided not to go, so anyone who would like my “ old codger” ticket is welcome to it with my Christmas complements..... should you be able to collect it from the Wycombe area ( or by mail if that really would get to you on time) 07876 456096

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Surely they should grant us international viewing rights for this one!

At least then Argyle fans can watch it, albeit from afar.

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
cheshiregreen":mf0sts38 said:
Posting this again. From EFL regulations.

33 Conduct of Matches

33.1 Behind closed doors. Save with the consent of The League or as a consequence of any disciplinary or regulatory proceedings, no Club may play any League or Cup Match behind closed doors so that the public are excluded from the ground.

Can't be played without spectators without League approval

It would surely come under "regulatory proceedings", i.e. no certificate.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
Latest I have seen.

Cheshire East Council in a statement says Macclesfield “has been informed that it has breached its safety certificate in a number of areas.” It was an unanimous decision by the Safety Advisory Group. Numerous requests made to the club to demonstrate the ground is safe.

Hope team haven't got too far, feel sure it's not going to be played tomorrow. :mad:

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
What is stopping the game being played behind closed doors, if the Health & Safety shortcomings are directed towards the protection of the public? Having said that, I feel the EFL have a duty of care and thought towards travelling supporters of Plymouth to ensure they do not have a round trip of over 500 miles for nothing. It is is a testing time for the EFL as they have a counter consideration in knowing that The Silkmen are so short of cash that the gate money cash flow is very important to them. I do believe however that the EFL need to make a positive early decision in this situation and not sit on their hands.

Jun 27, 2019
The Football League set a precedent when they ordered Bolton to play two games behind closed doors last season because they couldn't guarantee fan safety. It would be bizarre if they did not order Macclesfield to do the same, and Argyle would be well within their rights to ask some pretty serious questions if the game does not go ahead.

We don't want a Tuesday night trip to Macclesfield when they'll likely be under new ownership and have been able to bring players in. The game should go ahead regardless of whether any supporters are there to watch it.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
I think i'd prefer to play behind closed doors tomorrow, as apposed to adding another fixture mid winter.

Feel sorry for the fans travelling, but what ever they outcome they couldn't attend any way.

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
3pm and nothing from the football league in the public domain.

Absolutely disgraceful, they are supposed to be guardians for 72 football league clubs, but seem quite content to show utter contempt for the team and supporters of Plymouth Argyle. Surely they must make a statement or confirm their decision in respect of common decency.

Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
You watch these EFL decisions from afar and they are annoying.

When they effect Argyle they are infuriating.

I would say now 3pm is a fair deadline to make a decision one way or another. A decision HAS to be made today!

Voice of Reason

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
If he's been paid and is still at work, surely the best thing for Macclesfield is to get the groundsman watering as much as possible and just get it called off!