Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macclesfield game off (update: 7 point deduction)

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
cheshiregreen":185lqchq said:
Will EFL show some real leadership here or just investigate and face the repeat of this situation again in future?

Well the High Court keep slopey-shouldering the problem so why should the EFL be any different?

Aug 21, 2008
Plymouth
Assuming they are relegated at the end of the season (if they last that long) they may find the National League will refuse to accept them as that league takes this sort of financial nonsense much more seriously.

May 16, 2016
David_Fisher":3t1stdv1 said:
Assuming they are relegated at the end of the season (if they last that long) they may find the National League will refuse to accept them as that league takes this sort of financial nonsense much more seriously.

Yes, the National League can sometimes appear to be the hardest one to both get into and out of.

Jul 12, 2016
The EFL should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. They seem incapable of managing these sort of situations . Playing against weakened teams is an unfair advantage and should not be tolerated.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
oldage":ne2ozmcl said:
The EFL should be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. They seem incapable of managing these sort of situations . Playing against weakened teams is an unfair advantage and should not be tolerated.

The EFL are a complete joke as it stands.

They're looking for a new CEO, I'm surprised that's not been sorted yet. I wonder if anyone's really interested or whether they're keeping to their traidition of leaving it alone and hoping it fixes itself.

On Macclesfield though, why don't I feel as sympathetic as I did towards Bury? Is that just me or is it common?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I noticed they played yesterday so have they been saved?

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Ottawa Green":3eucthfb said:
I noticed they played yesterday so have they been saved?
Last I heard was that the potential buyer had deposited £500k to have a look at the books (although the owner said it was £250k). Maybe a hopeful sign but we dont know if the potential buyer will be happy with what he sees. Long way to go yet.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Willis88":3e8ysgyz said:
oldage":3e8ysgyz said:

They're looking for a new CEO, I'm surprised that's not been sorted yet. I wonder if anyone's really interested or whether they're keeping to their traidition of leaving it alone and hoping it fixes itself.

On Macclesfield though, why don't I feel as sympathetic as I did towards Bury? Is that just me or is it common?

The EFL management only implement the rules decided by it's 72 (71) members, one of whom are Argyle.

Jan 17, 2017
Bovey Tracey
Lundan Cabbie":g9ygoxhg said:
Willis88":g9ygoxhg said:
oldage":g9ygoxhg said:

The EFL management only implement the rules decided by it's 72 (71) members, one of whom are Argyle.

The problem is why would any of the 72 (71) ask to be regulated tighter? Yeah there are a few teams being managed properly, but the others (mainly championship teams) who are taking the biscuit financially with the clubs and risking everything, why would they want to self-impose a regulation that would damage themselves?

The EFL needs a fully independant regulator, one which cannot be influenced by Chairpeople and is in the best interests of the supporters. I just don't buy how it's run at the moment.

If you want the real truth behind it follow Andy Holt on twitter, I can't be bothered to find the quote but he said in the summer meeting in Portugal everytime someone mentioned budget constraints the conversation was changed.

cheshiregreen

✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
Feb 17, 2004
cheshire
For those with tickets already, like me, Macclesfield are back in Court hearing today facing winding up petition.

Normally these are kicked out down the road of course.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
cheshiregreen":3slwcdp9 said:
Which is why the IR keep trying. None of the teams in similar financial positions will sort themselves out unless the court finally says enough and kills one of them off.

Argylegames":3pp5trlv said:
cheshiregreen":3pp5trlv said:
Which is why the IR keep trying. None of the teams in similar financial positions will sort themselves out unless the court finally says enough and kills one of them off.

For over ten years now the IR has made it publicly clear that they intend to force more clubs out of business because they’re fed up with too many clubs believing that because they’re in the football business somehow tax liabilities can be deferred, sometimes indefinitely. There’s a rude awakening around the corner.

Voice of Reason

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 30, 2004
Yes Mervyn, but for the proper footballing authorities to finally act - its needs to be a big club.

No one wants to see it, but for the long term good of the game, a club with stature, someone like a Birmingham, that would finally make everyone take note. Sadly if/when Macclesfield admit defeat (which i think is far more likely than being rescued currently) - no one other the Macc fans will notice, the football league will barely blink and shrug their shoulders, it will be another minnow by the way side. They will throw their arms open to the next basket case on the production line who live beyond their means.

I say basket cases, because despite being pretty good with numbers i've no idea how they managed to think they could pay Sol Campbell (35k a month is the figure being touted) on gates of 1800!!