Macey needs to be dropped | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've watched the highlights a few times, I've defended Macey & I'll continue to do so, but I can't see a foul there, he needs to be stronger in that situation.

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Standing your ground and blocking is not a foul so the keeper has to come through the lot and clear them out in his attempt to get the ball.
He is tall but not strong.
This happens all the time these days and teams pract8ce block8ng keepers and big CBs

That said he certainly shouldn't be dropped for Letheren who needs to go on a serious diet

Aug 24, 2014
Buckingham
Getting rid of the ball well is as important as stopping it well. Matthews and Roos were brilliant distributors of the ball, and this was a key aspect of the long good run last season. Their ability to pick out Taylor and his ability to hold it up, and bring in Carey and Lameiras made a big difference. Without that, that system works less well.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
In the warm up before Blackpool, Macey was practising throwing the ball to Willmott on the halfway line. He seemed quite accurate but I can’t recall him trying that during a game.

Probably, because none of our forwards are that far advanced but it would be useful to set up a counter attack.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Macey's distribution isn't great, but it's laughable that people think Letheren's is better, I'm pretty sure at one point last season he put 4 consecutive goal kicks into the Lyndhurst on a perfectly clear day.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
At the moment Macey is our best keeper, no sense in dropping him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
JannerinCardiff":1cisg9tb said:
At the moment Macey is our best keeper, no sense in dropping him.

This. Even if people do think he's playing poorly, I don't see how anyone thinks Letheren will be better.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
It’s not going to help Maceys confidence at all if he gets dropped imo.

Sep 2, 2008
I always like to have a decent look at new additions to the squad before passing any comment. I've seen enough of Macey to say that he is not league 1 standard. He is hesitant when coming off his line, has atrocious kicking (reminds me of an early Larrieu), does not set himself properly and does not command his box. Also, no decent keeper should ever be beaten at his near post or from such an acute angle as he was yesterday. The guy is a liability. I would much rather have Letheren in.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Macey is suffering because he's playing behind an ever changing defence and it can't be doing his confidence any good to keep conceding goals.

Yesterday was a typical game for him - two brilliant close range saves, poor kicking and getting easily beaten at his near post.

The problem with loaning players from Premier League clubs is that the deal usually involves a financial penalty if the player doesn't play, although I don't know the details of Macey's deal between us and Arsenal.

Oct 16, 2016
PL2 3DQ":3okeqy61 said:
Macey is suffering because he's playing behind an ever changing defence and it can't be doing his confidence any good to keep conceding goals.

Yesterday was a typical game for him - two brilliant close range saves, poor kicking and getting easily beaten at his near post.

The problem with loaning players from Premier League clubs is that the deal usually involves a financial penalty if the player doesn't play, although I don't know the details of Macey's deal between us and Argyle.
Spot on

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
PL2 3DQ":4fsqqd3o said:

The problem with loaning players from Premier League clubs is that the deal usually involves a financial penalty if the player doesn't play, although I don't know the details of Macey's deal between us and Argyle.

Didn`t have you down as a gooner, Postie. :twisted:

Sep 2, 2008
Those two close range saves were both at him. Right at the start of the game I thought he was going to concede when the ball was looping back to him. Really thought he was going to trip over his own feet as he was back tracking. I also notice that there was a reluctance by some players to play the ball back to him

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
justanotherfan":30t8l7si said:
PL2 3DQ":30t8l7si said:

Didn`t have you down as a gooner, Postie. :twisted:

Lol. Changed now. :)