Macey needs to be dropped | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
another problem i see with matt is that his feet are flat on the floor.he should be on the balls of his feet to give him spring.in my opinion arsenal have let us have him on loan so he can be on trial for arsenal.we have enough goalies at the club in letheren and cooper.

Leo's Grandad

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 18, 2011
Sunny Plymouth
I don't think the keeper is the issue we have. It's the whole of the defence. I just can't see us keeping another clean sheet at the moment which means we need to score at least 2 to win a game.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I've defended him a lot and I still don't think he should be dropped, but he was poor yesterday, needs to do better for the first he made it very easy for Marquis, and his kicking was off. The defeats & constantly changing back four can't be doing much for his confidence.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Leo's Grandad":24j60wik said:
I don't think the keeper is the issue we have. It's the whole of the defence. I just can't see us keeping another clean sheet at the moment which means we need to score at least 2 to win a game.

Agree, with the exception of Peter Grant who was very good. Letheren is probably pushing him at the moment but I don't think he's any better.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
r4h4al":2te093tf said:
Leo's Grandad":2te093tf said:

Agree, with the exception of Peter Grant who was very good. Letheren is probably pushing him at the moment but I don't think he's any better.

On the evidence i've seen, Michael Cooper is above Kyle Letheren in the pecking order.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Nobby":3idmzngk said:
r4h4al":3idmzngk said:
Leo's Grandad":3idmzngk said:

On the evidence i've seen, Michael Cooper is above Kyle Letheren in the pecking order.

Cooper is still young & there's absolutely no reason to rush him & risk damaging him. In my view he'll be getter more from playing regular games in the youth & reserve teams than he would sitting on the 1st team bench.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Macey's kicking is up there with the worst I have ever seen from an Argyle keeper. Hoofing it out of play or back to the Donny keeper aided Donny's dominance over us. His shot stopping can be terrific mind. On evidence of what I've seen from him this season to date I'd have him down as a poor man's Jake Cole.

Sep 6, 2006
r4h4al":2qord22p said:
Leo's Grandad":2qord22p said:

Except he played them onside for the first goal! At Charlton last week he lost a vital header leading to their winner.

Mar 16, 2009
London
Cobi Budge":3bcrit0h said:
I've defended him a lot and I still don't think he should be dropped, but he was poor yesterday, needs to do better for the first he made it very easy for Marquis, and his kicking was off. The defeats & constantly changing back four can't be doing much for his confidence.

He was not poor yesterday. Nothing he could do about any of the goals.

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth
SwimWithTheTide":18en59pb said:
Macey's kicking is up there with the worst I have ever seen from an Argyle keeper. Hoofing it out of play or back to the Donny keeper aided Donny's dominance over us. His shot stopping can be terrific mind. On evidence of what I've seen from him this season to date I'd have him down as a poor man's Jake Cole.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nothing like a bit of over-exaggeration.

His kicking is poor, but personally think he's displayed quality at everything else. In 10 games, we've used 8 different defensive combinations, as a goalkeeper, particularly a young one, that is not easy to deal with.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
The worst kicker I've EVER seen (apart from Shilton) was Le Keeper, and he want on to make a good career at our place! :greensmile:

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Jake Cole had great reactions but nothing else, hence why (barring a couple apps for QPR when he was younger) we're the biggest club & the highest level he's played at, since he got released he's only played for Woking & Aldershot.