Macey needs to be dropped | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Why play a system that relies for significant part, on an aspect of a players game that he's not very good at! Adams has to take some responsibility for something.

Play the ball out from the back.

Mark Pedlar":2cxuzpmi said:
Why play a system that relies for significant part, on an aspect of a players game that he's not very good at! Adams has to take some responsibility for something.

Play the ball out from the back.

Problem with that is that then we'll lose possession closer to our own goal, rather than lose possession further up the pitch. At least using the current tactic it will take a few seconds longer before it comes back. :greensmile:

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
A keeper’s kicking can be influenced by the relationship with the target he is trying to reach. Without Taylor, he has hardly got a target. He is capable of throwing the ball to the halfway line but he rarely has someone to throw to because we defend very deep.

I did notice that, near the end on Saturday, Ainsworth was left upfield when we conceded a corner. However, there was no opportunity to reach him.

The only occasion that I recall that his kicking led directly to a goal was Peterborough’s first goal.

I think that his main weakness is one on one situations and failing to cover all angles; a feature of Luke McCormick’s game.

Sep 6, 2006
davie nine":1jq1eye5 said:
A keeper’s kicking can be influenced by the relationship with the target he is trying to reach. Without Taylor, he has hardly got a target. He is capable of throwing the ball to the halfway line but he rarely has someone to throw to because we defend very deep.

I did notice that, near the end on Saturday, Ainsworth was left upfield when we conceded a corner. However, there was no opportunity to reach him.

The only occasion that I recall that his kicking led directly to a goal was Peterborough’s first goal.

I think that his main weakness is one on one situations and failing to cover all angles; a feature of Luke McCormick’s game.

It's not possible to cover ALL angles! If you are referring to Doncasters first goal I would never fault a keeper for being beaten from inside the 6 yard box. The problem has occurred much earlier!

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Ok. It’s just that some keeper’s are better at covering all possible angles than others. It probably comes with experience so perhaps it is part of Macey’s learning curve.

Feb 23, 2008
Not sure what the issue is with some on here regarding Letheren, every time he's been called upon he's done a decent job?

Apr 29, 2016
He made some excellent saves last night but have to say that I don’t think he should have been beaten for their goal.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I thought it was a worldy Phil. No one would have expected that, I was in line with it and I was shocked, it moved like an Excorcet.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
IJN":3cmhelhk said:
I thought it was a worldy Phil. No one would have expected that, I was in line with it and I was shocked, it moved like an Excorcet.

I thought that too. I don’t blame Macey for the goal - I thought he had a decent game, cane for crosses and pulled off a few smart saves.

Yes his distribution isn’t perfect but he’s a good solid keeper IMO.

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
Macey had a very good game last night and his saves made sure we got a point.An Exocet of a shot from Barnsley to open the scoring.I doubt if many keepers would have kept that out.In fact Barnsley's shooting from distance was very good and needed some excellent saves from Macey to keep them out.Also nothing wrong with his kicking at all.On last night's performance he looks a very good keeper at this level.

Dec 3, 2005
oddball":2n9407lo said:
Macey had a very good game last night and his saves made sure we got a point.An Exocet of a shot from Barnsley to open the scoring.I doubt if many keepers would have kept that out.In fact Barnsley's shooting from distance was very good and needed some excellent saves from Macey to keep them out.Also nothing wrong with his kicking at all.On last night's performance he looks a very good keeper at this level.

It will help him no end to have a settled defence in front of him - finally we MAY have found the two central defenders.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
Cobi Budge":xy149seq said:
That save today was ridiculous. Had no right to get anywhere near it.

Saved Adams' job

Oct 31, 2015
Cobi Budge":3elmc5t3 said:
That save today was ridiculous. Had no right to get anywhere near it.

Agree and has probably given Adams some breathing space. What a save