Macey needs to be dropped | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Macey needs to be dropped

Feb 4, 2011
cornwall
After watching Doncasters third goal i think Macey could have done more to prevent it, he seemed to stand off the attacker thus giving the striker more time to decide his options.

Gloucester Green

Cream First
♣️ Shire Greens
Sep 18, 2010
Gloucester
You can't criticise Macey as he's only young and inexperienced

I learnt my lesson when I questioned him a few weeks ago

But yes should be dropped and Letheren given a chance. We are shipping goals so won't matter if Kyle let's in 3 a game at the moment

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Played very well tonight. Some quality saves, came for everything & knew when to catch & when to punch, kicking wasn't perfect but it was better.

Dec 3, 2005
Balham_Green":1hk8d381 said:
Radio Devon questioned his positioning for the goal.

And also according to the radio - he SAVED 2 certain goals and made other important saves.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I thought he had a decent game tonight. He may have been caught out for the goal but made up for it with some decent saves.

His kicking isn’t great tho.

Mar 8, 2016
Balham_Green":2na26939 said:

So was I, would need to see it again but my first thoughts were Macey should have saved it.

Sep 6, 2006
djg145":e0no6mxo said:
Balham_Green":e0no6mxo said:

And also according to the radio - he SAVED 2 certain goals and made other important saves.

I guess they are always certain goals if they were going in! He would have been at fault if he hadn't saved them.

Aug 8, 2013
Worcester
Balham_Green":d7slvpj0 said:
djg145":d7slvpj0 said:
Balham_Green":d7slvpj0 said:

I guess they are always certain goals if they were going in! He would have been at fault if he hadn't saved them.

I think with Barnsley's goal you just have to give credit for a great strike, very few keepers are stopping that from going in. Macey was terrific last night, with a much improved all round game on top of the usual shot stopping that we've already seen from him.

Oct 4, 2017
We aren't losing games because of Macey, we are losing them because he's being let down by those in front. He made several saves last night, one was top class. On Saturday, he made a double save which at the time kept us in the game. Yes, his kicking is poor but it doesn't warrant him being dropped for a keeper that's not played any competitive football in a very long time

Sep 30, 2018
Is letheren actually better than Macey. Is his kicking, shot stopping, positioning and leadership good enough for this level?

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
In my opinion ‘no’, I’d have Cooper over KL any day of the week.

Saying that I think Macey is doing fine.

Oct 18, 2010
St Judes
Top6utd":1xmxp0s4 said:
Is letheren actually better than Macey. Is his kicking, shot stopping, positioning and leadership good enough for this level?

Basically no but the one weakness for Macey is his kicking which isn't good enough for this level. But that should improve as he's only young. Good to read he had a good game and his confidence is back up.