Man United Vs Barca | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Man United Vs Barca

Jul 3, 2006
I always support foreign teams against the English clubs who have done so much damage to our domestic game and to the likes of Argyle.

You can argue that Barcelona are just their Spanish equivalent - perhaps they're even worse. TV revenues in the Spanish top flight are distributed much less evenly than within the Premier League. But Barcelona do have a history as a rallying point for opposition to the Franco dictatorship, they advertise a charity on their shirts rather than a major corporation and at least half their team on Saturday will have come up through their youth system.

I feel that their 'Mes que un Club' slogan is only half bulls**t marketing speak, as opposed to Man United's 'Theatre of Dreams' nonsense.

More pertinently , I'd like Barcelona to win because I don't think Man United can beat them in an open and entertaining game, and if they triumph it will most likely be in a low-scoring and fairly tedious affair.

Feb 23, 2008
kingsy
pilgrimforever":t0knbod4 said:
I can't believe so many people are saying Barca

Manchester united may have A LOT of plastic fans, but Barca have more and particuarly in England. The amount of people that have decided Barca are there 'second team' in the last 3-4 years is incredible. The same fans wont watch there league games on TV, but when a final comes around they are everywhere. At least Man Utd have english players and are english.

So for me, easily Man utd

what a load of tripe .............. you telling me there are more plastic Barca fans then Man ure in england ...sorry cant agree on that one

Lousy Pint

Jam First
Sep 23, 2005
Milano
United for me... solely to put an end to this 'Barcelona are the best side in the world ever' nonsense.

They are not even the best ever side in Spain ffs!

The only other time I'd want United to win would be whenever they play the arse or Liverpool and, for example, in cup games against non-league teams from Devon.

B

Brad Rickard

the ref! two of the best managers in the world going head to head cant wait! :stout:

Mar 10, 2010
Derby
greengenes":7qmdtpot said:
Barcelona have the flag of St George next to the Catalan flag on its Badge . It was set up with the help of Englishmen .

It's because St.George is the patron saint of Catalonia as well as England..

and I'm not really fussed who wins.Much more interested in the play-off finals this weekend then this game.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
pilgrimforever":1zq4r6yh said:
I can't believe so many people are saying Barca

Manchester united may have A LOT of plastic fans, but Barca have more and particuarly in England. The amount of people that have decided Barca are there 'second team' in the last 3-4 years is incredible. The same fans wont watch there league games on TV, but when a final comes around they are everywhere. At least Man Utd have english players and are english.

So for me, easily Man utd
Not many though have they:

Edwin van der Sar, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Fábio, John O'Shea, Rafael, Nemanja Vidic, Anderson, Darren Fletcher, Darron Gibson, Ryan Giggs, Nani, Ji-Sung Park, Antonio Valencia, Dimitar Berbatov, Javier Hernández, Gabriel Obertan.

Possible English starters: Ferdinand, Carrick, Rooney.

Come on Barca!!!!!!!!!!!

F

Frazer Lloyd-Davies

Cannot put into words how much I hate Barcelona and the drivel that follows them. Manchester United are made out to be the biggest evil in football yet Barcelona who quite clearly play the game their way with no regard to the rules whatsoever are loved, adored and supposedly the best team the world has ever seen? Bollocks. I seriously hope the likes of Vidic and Rio Ferdinand show them what a real tackle feels like. Dani Alves, Sergio Biscuits and that shaggy hair twit Puyol are the worse but it is also impossible for Lionel Messi do to wrong. He might as well live with Platini.

I hope United win and smash Barcelona around the park in a good old British get in to them slog fest.

Oct 22, 2009
Basingstoke
Lousy_Pint":1kpzi26i said:
United for me... solely to put an end to this 'Barcelona are the best side in the world ever' nonsense.

They are not even the best ever side in Spain ffs!

The only other time I'd want United to win would be whenever they play the arse or Liverpool and, for example, in cup games against non-league teams from Devon.

No....course not just won the league! Barcelona 2-1