Mason | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mason

Apr 15, 2008
London
argyleiggy":ml2mchmh said:
GreenGuy":ml2mchmh said:
Andy_Symons":ml2mchmh said:
argyleiggy":ml2mchmh said:
The cost of league 2 only £500k :twisted:

For 'league 2', read 'survival'.

Some people still don't get it.

I don't think Ridsdale could be more clear about the financial gap we face between Feb 1st and the end of the season with no further player sales, and even then if we get that far 'restructuring' isn't as simple as some would believe.

Yes I do get it FFS! We are owned by a load of (apparently wealthy) individuals who won't or can't put their hands in their collective pockets, meaning that we have already sold the means to get out of this league and now probably the means to stay in this league. And do you know what that makes me angry. So don't be so f'in condescending, I am investing in the team by way of a season ticket, I am digging deep to buy other people tickets that can't afford it, I am joining the trust. Is all I ask is that the owners of this club show the same commitment as me and fans like me OK?
Did everyone f'in get that?

:iagree:

G

Green Goblin

I can live with that we sell BWP, Bhasera, Donnelly, Fallon, Reda Johnson, Noone and Seip.

But our teenagers have to stay at all costs.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Green Goblin":350znr58 said:
I can live with that we sell BWP, Bhasera, Donnelly, Fallon, Reda Johnson, Noone and Seip.

But our teenagers have to stay at all costs.

ALL costs?

IF selling Mason is the only way to save the club then surely we MUST sell Mason at all costs. Obviously we'd prefer not to.

I've no idea whether we MUST sell him or not but there are certainly circumstances in which I would want him to be sold.

G

Green Goblin

So, if we are to survive and later to begin planning for the future.

If we sold off players like Mason and Nelson for a fraction of their future value - what is the future?

We are not only depleted without also have sold off our greatest assets.

How should we proceed with building a new team without young, promising players?

Is the choice between survival and to sell Mason choice is easy. But we really need to consider all options before we act.

A

Anonymous

argyleiggy":3nakfufa said:
Yes I do get it FFS! We are owned by a load of (apparently wealthy) individuals who won't or can't put their hands in their collective pockets, meaning that we have already sold the means to get out of this league and now probably the means to stay in this league. And do you know what that makes me angry. So don't be so f'in condescending, I am investing in the team by way of a season ticket, I am digging deep to buy other people tickets that can't afford it, I am joining the trust. Is all I ask is that the owners of this club show the same commitment as me and fans like me OK?
Did everyone f'in get that?

Not really, could you be a bit more explicit?

Thanks.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Green Goblin":1nsydwxh said:
So, if we are to survive and later to begin planning for the future.

If we sold off players like Mason and Nelson for a fraction of their future value - what is the future?

We are not only depleted without also have sold off our greatest assets.

How should we proceed with building a new team without young, promising players?

Is the choice between survival and to sell Mason choice is easy. But we really need to consider all options before we act.

I fully understand, and don't diagree with, your general sentiment - I was just picking up on your "at all costs" comment. As you say yourself it's not "at all costs". I'd much prefer it if the club finds money by other means, perhaps selling other players with less future value/potential but if Mason is the one other clubs want then Mason's going to have to be the one who is sold. The problem is that known of us will ever really know how necessary any of this was.

G

Green Goblin

Survival comes before everything.

Perhaps it is naive to think that it will not end before the starting eleven has been sold.

But if there is even the slightest chance, I hope that the youngest players will stay.

C

charlee

The Club is more important and bigger then any player!
Sorry but id rather we surive then keep mason for just 4 more games!

R

Redditch Green

The club can sell all its marketable players and potentially stave off administration or worse for the time being.

It is like the little boy who stuck his finger in the dike! without a proper repair the dike would still leak the lad can only stay there for so long.

So even if Argyle sell all it's players what good would it be if there is no robust investment from the people who are supposed to look after the club.

Also relegation will mean even fewer fans coming to Home Park until the teams forttunes improve again a loss in revenue.

C

carlos

I believe we need to keep our talent, Nelson, Mason and the lads coming through, plus a few experienced players. We need to have building blocks or parts to the train set to keep playing.

Although survival first, but if all the youth have been sold for next to nothing what do you replace it with come the summer? you then need the funds to build a squad, short term sell fix isn't a good long term investment.

Unfortunately we have to trust the board to sort it out, or more Risdale, who despite his critics seems to be sorting some of the crap out even whilst faced with our board.

Feb 29, 2008
carlos":t5vsge7l said:
I believe we need to keep our talent, Nelson, Mason and the lads coming through, plus a few experienced players. We need to have building blocks or parts to the train set to keep playing.

Although survival first, but if all the youth have been sold for next to nothing what do you replace it with come the summer? you then need the funds to build a squad, short term sell fix isn't a good long term investment.

Unfortunately we have to trust the board to sort it out, or more Ridsdale, who despite his critics seems to be sorting some of the crap out even whilst faced with our board.

Also I have been told that Mase is on about £400 a week- that's about a third of a plumber in old money- the sort of player that will help our cash-flow situation.

Feb 21, 2008
Plymouth
BALDY-OG":2bjtfevh said:
So Ian, another rumour put to bed it seems. Good news for the team.
Is it though?

You should know by my posts on the main board that I hate some of the scare mongering, but Mason staying makes it more difficult to avoid the possibility that we would have no team.