Mayor keen to stay at Argyle | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mayor keen to stay at Argyle

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Doesn’t talk much, but speaks a lot of sense when he does. Really liked the big YouTube interview with one of his mates from a couple of years ago, and he was very honest in the Hull preview interview Argyle have just put out.

Not bad on the pitch either, and I sense he’ll be even better with (fingers crossed for a good transfer window) better players around him.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Martyn":28wypop9 said:
With George Cooper hopefully free from injury, our creation should be better.

We have really missed Cooper this year.

When he’s back fit I’d love to see George Cooper tried out at RM, I could see him creating and scoring lots of goals cutting inside and going wide and crossing with his right foot (because his right foot is decent as well), imagine the havoc that would cause oppo defences not knowing whether to mark Mayor or Cooper.. :thumbup:

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Also great news Danny Mayor wants to stay - he could be very influential in us giving a shot at promotion next season.. :thumbup:

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
JannerinCardiff":324vxgjk said:
Martyn":324vxgjk said:

When he’s back fit I’d love to see George Cooper tried out at RM, I could see him creating and scoring lots of goals cutting inside and going wide and crossing with his right foot (because his right foot is decent as well), imagine the havoc that would cause oppo defences not knowing whether to mark Mayor or Cooper.. :thumbup:

When Cooper was signed I assumed that the plan was for him to play in Mayor’s role but on the right side. That never really happened because Sarcevic found some form and made himself undroppable. Imagine the new 4-2-2-2 formation with, say, Camara-Grant, Cooper-Mayor, Ennis-Hardie as the midfield/forward 6.

Mark Pedlar

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jul 28, 2010
oldage":3jly2qad said:
You are all assuming Lowe wants him to stay :whistle:

If he doesn't the offer will reflect that.

However, I suspect that a player that has played nearly every minute when available may well be offered a decent deal.

mutley marvel

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Feb 13, 2021
Danny & RL are like a pair of comfy old slippers- why would RL not offer him a new contract- it would be like cutting your nose off to spite your face

RL knows his worth & that will be reflected in the contract he offers

Now Danny & George next season is something to look forward to :thumbup:

Forest of Dean Green

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 5, 2009
Gloucestershire
The Doctor":1qn2zvlc said:
JannerinCardiff":1qn2zvlc said:
Martyn":1qn2zvlc said:

When Cooper was signed I assumed that the plan was for him to play in Mayor’s role but on the right side. That never really happened because Sarcevic found some form and made himself undroppable. Imagine the new 4-2-2-2 formation with, say, Camara-Grant, Cooper-Mayor, Ennis-Hardie as the midfield/forward 6.

I felt Cooper looked out of his depth in LG1 personally. I’m less convinced he will be a great solution and Grant has had plenty of assists this season. Maybe I’m wrong but Cooper plus Mayor gives us less structure in the team.

Jul 12, 2016
Mark Pedlar":l4blqe62 said:
oldage":l4blqe62 said:

However, I suspect that a player that has played nearly every minute when available may well be offered a decent deal.
This is what I don't understand.Regardless of the fact he rarely plays for more than half a game he is not dropped or subbed.
Wonder if this treatment of Lowe's blue eyed boy upsets those players who have to earn their right to play?

Jul 12, 2016
mutley marvel":1t6nivxo said:
Danny & RL are like a pair of comfy old slippers- why would RL not offer him a new contract- it would be like cutting your nose off to spite your face

RL knows his worth & that will be reflected in the contract he offers

Now Danny & George next season is something to look forward to :thumbup:
So he won't be offered much then :think:

Dec 30, 2020
oldage":2f8dg8f8 said:
Mark Pedlar":2f8dg8f8 said:
oldage":2f8dg8f8 said:

This is what I don't understand.Regardless of the fact he rarely plays for more than half a game he is not dropped or subbed.
Wonder if this treatment of Lowe's blue eyed boy upsets those players who have to earn their right to play?

I highly doubt it - he does more for his team mates than any player in the squad... getting us into dangerous areas and opening up space for the attackers, and carrying the ball up the pitch and holding onto possession even under pressure for our defenders. I expect they're extremely glad and grateful to have him on the pitch as much as possible, as us fans should be!

Would be very good news if we can keep him!

Sep 3, 2009
Would love Mayor to stay. Our most skilful player by a distance. He just needs some help in sharing that load. At the moment, the opposition know if they stop him, they largely stop us.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Rush Goalie":2lw66ldn said:
Would love Mayor to stay. Our most skilful player by a distance. He just needs some help in sharing that load. At the moment, the opposition know if they stop him, they largely stop us.

Exactly my thoughts, if he did leave he would be sorely missed.

Apr 25, 2018
I would like him to stay if we have the opportunity as the prospect of linking him up again with a fit George Cooper in an attacking role would be a very positive move. It would of cause mean extra pressure on our defence which hopefully will be improved and sorted in the close season