Mayor keen to stay at Argyle | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mayor keen to stay at Argyle

Jul 12, 2016
greenpilled":sxaxolzh said:
oldage":sxaxolzh said:
Mark Pedlar":sxaxolzh said:
oldage":sxaxolzh said:
You are all assuming Lowe wants him to stay :whistle:

If he doesn't the offer will reflect that.

However, I suspect that a player that has played nearly every minute when available may well be offered a decent deal.
This is what I don't understand.Regardless of the fact he rarely plays for more than half a game he is not dropped or subbed.
Wonder if this treatment of Lowe's blue eyed boy upsets those players who have to earn their right to play?

I highly doubt it - he does more for his team mates than any player in the squad... getting us into dangerous areas and opening up space for the attackers, and carrying the ball up the pitch and holding onto possession even under pressure for our defenders. I expect they're extremely glad and grateful to have him on the pitch as much as possible, as us fans should be!

Would be very good news if we can keep him!
If he does more for his team mates than any other player no wonder we are so inconsistent. Mayor is a one half player who occasionally shows some amazing skill but in my view is a luxury we can ill afford .We need team players not individuals who can dribble past an opponent before he invariably loses the ball. I know I sound like an old worn record but I genuinely have never understood the adoration for Mayor ,give me Lamerias every time.

oldage":35uwgxeu said:
Mark Pedlar":35uwgxeu said:
oldage":35uwgxeu said:

However, I suspect that a player that has played nearly every minute when available may well be offered a decent deal.
This is what I don't understand.Regardless of the fact he rarely plays for more than half a game he is not dropped or subbed.
Wonder if this treatment of Lowe's blue eyed boy upsets those players who have to earn their right to play?

This is like an old worn record. Why is it that over time each of our most influential players gets castigated for not being involved 100% of every game. It was a regular moan on the terraces of Trigger, Tynan, Castle, and on pasoti with Carey and now Mayor. So, would you have regularly dropped or subbed any of those players despite their influence over 90 minutes?

Edited to add.That’s odd Oldage. We were both typing ‘well worn record’ at the same time.

C

Cult Of Personality

Good player but on the wages he is on there are probably better out there and younger .

Jul 12, 2016
mervyn":20ughz0k said:
oldage":20ughz0k said:
Mark Pedlar":20ughz0k said:
oldage":20ughz0k said:

This is like an old worn record. Why is it that over time each of our most influential players gets castigated for not being involved 100% of every game. It was a regular moan on the terraces of Trigger, Tynan, Castle, and on pasoti with Carey and now Mayor. So, would you have regularly dropped or subbed any of those players despite their influence over 90 minutes?

Edited to add.That’s odd Oldage. We were both typing ‘well worn record’ at the same time.
I can assure you that I was not one those who ever moaned about Tynan or Trigger.In fact Tynan is my all time favourite player. I was less impressed with Castle but Carey when he first played for us was a revelation and another player I would prefer to Mayor

Feb 13, 2021
Cult Of Personality":3kdowei7 said:
Good player but on the wages he is on there are probably better out there and younger .

Maybe! But where? And would they play for us? Doubt if we could ever afford a young player who is better than DM plus they wouldn’t come to us!

Jul 12, 2016
Sideline Sam":3nw0s2jp said:
Cult Of Personality":3nw0s2jp said:

Maybe! But where? And would they play for us? Doubt if we could ever afford a young player who is better than DM plus they wouldn’t come to us!
Don't know unless you try. Who said we need a younger player?

RKB

♣️ PASTA Member
Jul 22, 2013
Very pleased to read the majority of comments are positive.
He is our greatest attacking outlet (key word) by a country mile.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
I am pleased that Danny has indicated that he is keen to stay. It does seem strange that, despite his obvious superior skill, he does not make as many positive direct contributions in terms of goals and direct assists.
I got the impression, from his interview, that, although RL is happy with his role in the team, he may prefer a more offensive role.
“Always wants improvement, more goals, more assists. Gaffer thinks I bring more than that to the team. Help us get more up the pitch. Need to be more selfish”

Mar 21, 2006
Danny gets me on the edge of my seat - like Carey did - I’ll take that all day long.

Geddon Dan - sign that contract :scarf:

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
silkman":3ghmztu3 said:
Danny gets me on the edge of my seat - like Carey did - I’ll take that all day long.

Geddon Dan - sign that contract :scarf:

I love watching the guys marking him walking off at the end - shirts inside out and shorts back to front!! :lol: :nworthy:

Aug 5, 2016
IJN":21afxk4k said:
Brilliant news.

We need more like him, but great news all the same.

Where is Graham Carey these days?

Imagine him motoring past Mayor’s left to have it off him.

Or working the right flank while Mayor stays left.

Ponty

English and proud of it
Staff member
R.I.P
Sep 27, 2006
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":2amfe9yd said:
IJN":2amfe9yd said:
Brilliant news.

That would put a few on the gate if things were back to normal next season.

Mar 14, 2009
I will be honest. I have my doubts about him now.

Don’t get me wrong, he is the guy with the most creative ability we seen since Lameiras and Carey.

I have doubts because of a few things.

One is where he plays. It’s all great him skipping past a player from the half way line but then he has to beat more opponents to break them down. I’d rather see him do this in the final third. It’s not his fault Lowe has asked him to play a CM role but lm afraid he defends like a winger (eg goal away to Northampton with the header).

Two is his end product. Why do we love Carey? We love him because he had an end product. His last season wasn’t good. Yet before this he scored and created goals. We see flashes of brilliance from Mayor but there just isn’t any consistency. Yes we love Carey for his one off flashes of brilliance but that’s because it came with an end product.

People are on here talking about pushing on next season. Well you need much better performances than Mayor has given us this season. It’s harsh, yet l’d rather have someone who consistently crosses the ball well into the box or consistently makes good forward passes.

I dare say he will stay on next season. I just think first and foremost the system we play doesn’t suit him. All l’d say is he has stayed on the pitch numerous times this season when he hasn’t had a good second half. There is no surprise Argyle play well first half because he plays his best football then. Second half he disappears, just like Argyle.

Ponty":14tmh5kj said:
Knibbsworth":14tmh5kj said:
IJN":14tmh5kj said:
Brilliant news.

That would put a few on the gate if things were back to normal next season.

Still at CSK apparently