Mayor | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Mayor

Jun 27, 2019
I think Balham is asking a perfectly valid question. If I didn't watch any games then I wouldn't feel qualified to comment on them - at least not as much as Oldage does anyway.

Oldage is as entitled to an opinion as everyone else on here, but his relentless hammering of Danny Mayor will be taken with a pinch of salt by this poster in future.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
Balham_Green":6zi2t44j said:
Why not just answer the question? Not difficult is it? Or stop making comments about players etc with no basis as you don't watch the games

Balham Green a polite bit of advice - if Oldage or any other poster for that matter annoy you to the point you feel the need to jump in on every post they make across Pasoti then utilise the Foe facility. We have had more than a few messages now from
Posters who have picked up on you doing this and it’s not acceptable. Post a differing opinion by all means but in the right way.

Bubba

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 26, 2006
WoodsyGreen":21bezp4w said:
I think Balham is asking a perfectly valid question. If I didn't watch any games then I wouldn't feel qualified to comment on them - at least not as much as Oldage does anyway.

Oldage is as entitled to an opinion as everyone else on here, but his relentless hammering of Danny Mayor will be taken with a pinch of salt by this poster in future.

It’s not just this thread WG and Oldage is entitled to his opinion (I don’t particularly agree with Oldages view very much either) as is BG but if someone doesn’t want to answer a post or back up their opinion that’s there prerogative. They don’t need to be hounded at every opportunity.

Mar 14, 2009
I thought today Mayor had a good first half. At times he scared the life out of them. I thought that both wing backs too had a good first 45mins.

Once Gillingham changed things in the second half neither wing back could get forward. We couldn’t get up the pitch.

Mayor, unfortunately gets deeper and deeper, and is reduced to the odd counter attack.

It’s so frustrating to see a player of his talent have to sit so deep. There were spaces to exploit. Spaces Mayor could of dribbled into and hurt them. What honestly do we have to lose by not playing him off Hardie or Jephcott. Or changing the front 2 to a front 3 and playing with a midfield 2.

At the moment you asking an attacking midfielder/winger to do most of his work in the second half defending. It’s so frustrating that’s it’s up there with the tactic of when Adams use to bring on an extra left back to play left midfield with still 30 mins to go to hold onto a lead.

It’s an absolute waste of a talent.

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
Metal_Green_Mickey":kcdanjke said:
I thought today Mayor had a good first half. At times he scared the life out of them. I thought that both wing backs too had a good first 45mins.

Once Gillingham changed things in the second half neither wing back could get forward. We couldn’t get up the pitch.

Mayor, unfortunately gets deeper and deeper, and is reduced to the odd counter attack.

It’s so frustrating to see a player of his talent have to sit so deep. There were spaces to exploit. Spaces Mayor could have dribbled into and hurt them. What honestly do we have to lose by not playing him off Hardie or Jephcott. Or changing the front 2 to a front 3 and playing with a midfield 2.

At the moment you asking an attacking midfielder/winger to do most of his work in the second half defending. It’s so frustrating that’s it’s up there with the tactic of when Adams use to bring on an extra left back to play left midfield with still 30 mins to go to hold onto a lead.

Yeh, it's a conundrum that RL does need to sort out I don't blame DM for the situation.
It’s an absolute waste of a talent.

Mar 14, 2009
The guy won us the match today. He is a fantastic dribbler.

The question isn’t about his talents but his actual position he should play in the team.

Everything good in an attacking sense came from himthe opposition in final third and in a wide left position. He can hurt the opposition from these areas. In a LM/LW position he can dribble and lose the ball and not hurt the team shape. If he does it in central areas and deeper and loses the ball it exposes us.

Today the opposition exposed our other areas of defensive weakness. It’s incredibly frustrating to find if you had another proper “Camara runner” midfielder at CM who positionally kept his shape by staying in the centre of midfield and pushed Mayor further forward we could have a much better cutting edge and played to Mayor’s talents. Making him shuttle up and down the pitch as a CM just in my mind l find baffling.

Jul 12, 2016
As one of his sternest critics I have to admit that Mayor played very well today and believe it or not I had him on a par with Camara for MOM! :nworthy:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Mayor didn’t do much more yesterday than he usually does, the difference was that the chances he created were converted into goals. Had Hardie, Camara and Edwards fluffed their lines I think we would be reading plenty about Mayor looking pretty but producing nothing. To be awarded an assist, you are relying on the striker to finish for you.

Oct 21, 2016
Mayor was superb yesterday, 2 assists and a man of the match performance IMO. Huddersfield afforded him far too much time and space on the ball and he showed what he can do to punish teams. A class act, well done Danny.

up the line

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
GreenThing":l7gvkmus said:
Mayor didn’t do much more yesterday than he usually does, the difference was that the chances he created were converted into goals. Had Hardie, Camara and Edwards fluffed their lines I think we would be reading plenty about Mayor looking pretty but producing nothing. To be awarded an assist, you are relying on the striker to finish for you.

Agree. He consistently creates chances and space for other players.
The fact that they aren't converted shouldnt detract from Mayor's performances.

I was expecting reams of criticism for how long he took with his corners when players weren't ten yards yesterday :funny:

Keith Whitfield

✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 30, 2015
Agree with oldage that it was close between DM and PC for MoM last evening, with Conor Grant and Joe Edwards close behind to my mind. Danny Mayor found more space to work his magic last evening. Not sure whether that was because Huddersfield didn't "show him the usual respect" or because he and Conor Grant have worked out a new division of duties that gives DM a bit more freedom to express himself. Also liked the fact that, as soon as something started happening on the left, Edwards and Camara sprinted into the penalty area to be on the end of anything emerging. We are beginning to get a properly joined-up midfield. Well done to all concerned, on and off the pitch!

Aug 5, 2012
Gravesend - Kent
Yesterday was my first opportunity to see Mayor over a full 90 minutes and I have to say I was impressed. Here we have a player that can hurt any opposition with his almost meresmic close control and vision. What is obvious is that Lowe has to play him in the right areas, and that doesn't seem to have been the case so far this season. As far as I'm concerned young Danny should be banned from entering his own half and never mind all this pretty error prone passing it out from the back - just get the ball to Mayor and move up the pitch. The quicker we get the ball away from our defenders the better!

Sep 2, 2008
rsp4":3btvojh2 said:
gru_mpy":3btvojh2 said:
The quicker we get the ball away from our defenders the better!

I have say totally agree with that quote :funny:

Ditto :lol: We should bin this 'playing it through the thirds' plan because we are not good enough. Diagonal ball to the edge of the opposition box and position a load of players around the target area to pick up the 2nd ball or support the big man up front who may have actually won the ball. Transition from back to front in one 'pass' and take away the risk of us messing it up with all the passes we make working the ball up the pitch. Worked for Luggy.