Memories of Argyle Please Subscribe. | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memories of Argyle Please Subscribe.

cheshiregreen":1bma650r said:
Vzzbxx":1bma650r said:
Argyle-sy":1bma650r said:
Any footage of the 89-90 season as well would be fantastic. As hard as I might try, I have found it impossible to find any footage of Andy Thomas season with us, what a hell of a player that guy was

You're in luck - got a couple of 89-90 games and some of his goals from 90-91 before his injury. I'll try and upload a couple tomorrow!

This looks great. Would be even better if you could some "vintage" video from 70s etc. Know there is less material around for that era, but, you could make some "vintage" (old) fans very happy. :scarf:

Will definitely do my best! Trying to find as much footage as I can across all eras - avoiding a lot of the more recent stuff at the moment as I don't want to tread on anyone's toes at the club or risk any copyright issues. But I'm always on the lookout for clips or highlights from all matches whatever the year!

Jul 11, 2006
tiverton
Vzzbxx":2gtotzo8 said:
Argyle-sy":2gtotzo8 said:
Any footage of the 89-90 season as well would be fantastic. As hard as I might try, I have found it impossible to find any footage of Andy Thomas season with us, what a hell of a player that guy was

You're in luck - got a couple of 89-90 games and some of his goals from 90-91 before his injury. I'll try and upload a couple tomorrow!

That's fantastic mate, would really appreciate that :)

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Vzzbxx and I have been talking (luckily his real name isn't such a mouthful :) ) and I'll be pointing to his clips from each of the associated match pages on GoS. I know that'll be like needles in a haystack though, so I'll give it some more thought.

Jan 27, 2012
This is fantastic stuff.
It would be good if a link was provided to your channel on the Greens on Screen website.

I particularly remember the 3-2 win over Man City. It was a classic !

It's great to be linking the footage with Greens On Screen - the best football website going. Steve has been kind enough to let me help out with a few historical match reports and it's an absolute pleasure to be able to contribute.

In an ideal world, over time I'll pull together footage for most seasons and gradually build up a video archive of past games - I just thought there seemed to be a gap there and certainly don't want to take anything away from the fantastic work that Greens On Screen or The Argyle Archive do, it's incredible to see the history of our club so well catered for.

Thanks for pinning this - I'm happy to post updates here as and when, as long as no-one gets tired of me posting!

:scarf: :scarf:

gaspargomez":3ephg12y said:
This is fantastic stuff.
It would be good if a link was provided to your channel on the Greens on Screen website.

I particularly remember the 3-2 win over Man City. It was a classic !

That City game was one of my all-time favourites, the sheer joy of that comeback after an abysmal first half. I'm pretty sure that's the game where someone threw a pastie from the Lyndhurst that hit the linesman on the back of his head - that got the biggest cheer of the first 45 minutes as did the seagulls fighting for the scraps.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I think it would be a great idea to link with this and Posty I'm sure will do it.

My only point is that 'Argyle Memories' is the moniker used by Nigel Bodnar on his excellent Facebook page. He could be put out by the name you're using thus far.

Is there any other name you would like to call it to avoid any clash?

Ian

IJN":3r0ek8m9 said:
I think it would be a great idea to link with this and Posty I'm sure will do it.

My only point is that 'Argyle Memories' is the moniker used by Nigel Bodnar on his excellent Facebook page. He could be put out by the name you're using thus far.

Is there any other name you would like to call it to avoid any clash?

Ian

Ian, let me have a think - the last thing that I want to do is tread on anyone's toes. Happy to rename if I need to - the important thing for me is sharing this footage and giving everyone the opportunity to reminisce. I had no idea that there was already an 'Argyle Memories' out there - I've kept myself to myself for years and have only recently dipped a tentative toe into fandom!

Maybe something as simple as PAFC Memories might suffice?

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Fantastic effort by the OP. Thanks very much.

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
Vzzbxx":1daem5ep said:
More goals and 3 wins for you today from the following games:

1985-86 v Bristol City (H) 4-0
https://youtu.be/K8FmDpNTBwI

1988-89 v Middlesbrough (A) 2-0
https://youtu.be/SRFOT7hY5Dc

1989-90 v Leicester City (H) 3-1
https://youtu.be/Pc_w-ktvt3I

That Bristol City promotion game is probably my all time favorite game. Absolutely brilliant that night and a HUGE crowd. Probably 10k more than the reported figure.

Gary Nelsons finish was unbelievable and his favourite memory in football according to his book.

monkeywrench":3aatjntt said:
Vzzbxx":3aatjntt said:
More goals and 3 wins for you today from the following games:

1985-86 v Bristol City (H) 4-0
https://youtu.be/K8FmDpNTBwI

1988-89 v Middlesbrough (A) 2-0
https://youtu.be/SRFOT7hY5Dc

1989-90 v Leicester City (H) 3-1
https://youtu.be/Pc_w-ktvt3I

That Bristol City promotion game is probably my all time favorite game. Absolutely brilliant that night and a HUGE crowd. Probably 10k more than the reported figure.

Gary Nelsons finish was unbelievable and his favourite memory in football according to his book.

I had only recently moved to Plymouth and missed out on this game. I still remember the noise when the goals went in, I could hear them from my bedroom window! Wish I'd been there!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
That gives us no clue where you live. I think they heard those roars in Ashburton that night! :greensmile:

IJN":siu0rsrq said:
That gives us no clue where you live. I think they heard those roars in Ashburton that night! :greensmile:

:lol: I'm pretty sure that ours wasn't the only house in Peverell where the windows shook that night! One of the things I really miss from my younger days - knowing the score at home matches that I couldn't get to just by the noise of the crowd!