Memories of Argyle Please Subscribe. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Memories of Argyle Please Subscribe.

Larry David

✅ Evergreen
Apr 9, 2004
LA NY or Cuckfield
IJN":dq1ygqa7 said:
I saw every game in that League Cup run, including about 100 of us that attended the Burnley win.

The fog was mental that night and how that game finished I'll never know. Quite a trip that one, almost 18 hours there and back from memory.

For the youngies it was when the M5 started at Bristol. :greensmile:

Couple of things I remember from that game weren’t they in the process of building the Bob Lord stand during the game? And Leighton James what a good player he was!

I only knew we’d scored the winner when Bobby Saxton turned from the half way line and raised his arms in celebration. There was a bit of a windy pea souper on the bus on the way home as I recall :sick:

Plenty of updates on the YouTube channel of late.

Just a heads up that over the next few days I'm going to seek clarification regarding copyright law on the footage being shared and to reiterate that in no way am I profiting from the sharing of this footage and that all clips shared from official productions are clearly labelled as such and in no way am I claiming to be the owner or manufacturer of the footage being shared. Update to follow in due course, but if there are any objections raised at the sharing of the clips/footage then they will have to come down. I think I'm on safe ground, but it's worth checking.

Aug 4, 2011
I still have the 1992-93 and 1993-94 season reviews on VHS if you’d like to borrow them?

You’d obviously need some way of transporting from VHS to digital but let me know if that is of interest

Jun 27, 2019
football-bet-data":1eagvx48 said:
I still have the 1992-93 and 1993-94 season reviews on VHS if you’d like to borrow them?

You’d obviously need some way of transporting from VHS to digital but let me know if that is of interest

I put the 93-94 goals on YT a few years back. 92-93 would be a mixed bag... the 0-3 at home to Ex*ter and the 5-2 at West Brom spring to mind! Would love to see the latter again - Castle was immense that day. In fact, I think it was Easter weekend... Ex*ter on the Friday and WBA on the Monday.

Kevin Pedlar

Cream First
✅ Evergreen
Jul 28, 2010
Plymouth
IJN":3jcf5cnk said:
The worst I’ve ever seen was Kidderminster away in the FA Cup.

My God it was a real pea souper, couldn’t see a thing.

It was abandoned at half time.

Not an Argyle game, but I went to a Bristol City vs Leeds game in the late ‘70s (while at College is my excuse) and the fog was so thick that when the game was abandoned the tannoy had to put a call out to the linesman on the far side who hadn’t realised !!

Aug 4, 2011
WoodsyGreen":2bx5w8te said:
football-bet-data":2bx5w8te said:

I put the 93-94 goals on YT a few years back. 92-93 would be a mixed bag... the 0-3 at home to Ex*ter and the 5-2 at West Brom spring to mind! Would love to see the latter again - Castle was immense that day. In fact, I think it was Easter weekend... Ex*ter on the Friday and WBA on the Monday.
Yep, Stuart Storer ripped us to pieces. Still remember fans from the Lyndhurst leaving before the FT whistle throwing their scarves onto the pitch i anger. Then, as you say, the much unexpected 5 goal haul at west Brom a few days later