Morecambe v Plymouth Argyle - game OFF | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe v Plymouth Argyle - game OFF

Aug 4, 2011
Isn’t it due to the illness within football rather than the spectator aspect? I suspect if a number of jockeys start testing positive horse racing would be cancelled too.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
Supermarkets, shopping malls, the tube, pubs etc, etc,. the list for potential indoor large gatherings is huge. One of the government experts stated that the covid 19 virus is less effective in the open air and that indoor gatherings would/could speed up the spread. I honestly don`t think that anyone has a definitive answer, more of a SWAG, i.e. a Scientific Wild Ar55ed Guess. :twisted:

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
The white elephant shopping centre otherwise known as Drakes Circus, has an average 45,000 a day footfall. Unlike those who go to football who sit pretty much in one place for 100 minutes or so and then go home, shoppers wander from shop to shop leaving their biological markers wherever they go.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
It’s roughly four times the size of Drakes and has lots of proper shops, being the biggest shopping mall in Yorkshire and 11th biggest in the country. I mentioned Drakes in my post as it’s relevant to the Argyle site, but the same things are being said on Owlstalk and others.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
Devongreenowl":112k0cie said:
It’s roughly four times the size of Drakes and has lots of proper shops, being the biggest shopping mall in Yorkshire and 11th biggest in the country. I mentioned Drakes in my post as it’s relevant to the Argyle site, but the same things are being said on Owlstalk and others.
So, if Sheffield’s shopping mall is 4x the size of Drake Circus and it’s daily average footfall is 65,000 (Ponty’s figure), why does Drake Circus’s 45,000 per day make it a ‘white elephant’?

I don’t know the answer because I use as infrequently as possible.

Mar 21, 2013
davie nine":3hj13yiz said:
Devongreenowl":3hj13yiz said:
So, if Sheffield’s shopping mall is 4x the size of Drake Circus and it’s daily average footfall is 65,000 (Ponty’s figure), why does Drake Circus’s 45,000 per day make it a ‘white elephant’?

I don’t know the answer because I use as infrequently as possible.
Yeah I was wondering about the ‘white elephant’ comment. As someone who’s worked in there for over 10 years, regardless of what some may think of its appearance, it’s actually know to have been successful & well thought of from a commercial sense.

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
I got my footfall figure from Drakes own website, which does seem optimistic I must admit. If you’ve ever been to Meadowhall it’s far busier. Massive number of shops, huge food area, cinema complex and transport hub. The point I was making was relevant though. I feel there would be more chance of catching the virus in Drakes than Home Park. Ditto Meadowhall and Hillsborough/Bramall Lane.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
I'm not entirely sure that the concerns are about the numbers of proles in attendance anywhere to be honest.
Anyone explain where the 'magical 500' came from is that based on some science or a punt in the dark?? Scottish policy isn't it? :think:

Only a few jockeys take part in any 'athletic' activity at the races.
If you are a young fit footballer or a participant in the London Marathon (not quite so young or fit?) and you have the virus but no symptoms, surely it would be a bad thing to play 90 minutes of pro sport at full throttle, or run 26 miles+ at whatever speed you can muster?

Surely that could make you sicker, damage you or even kill you?? Not sure I want to pay to watch young men (or women!) endangering their health for my entertainment!

Hail Caesar!! Those who are about to cough sanitize you!!

May 27, 2019
EXETER/OWLERTON
Yeah, appreciate it’s about emergency service deployment as the epidemic effects worsen. Not much of that at most lower league matches tbh, except games like Argyle v Exeter which we’ve unfortunately missed our chance of revenge on for this season at least. Can’t see any way that game will be played in April or May. Mind you, it would be sweet revenge enough if the EFL decided to promote clubs as they are currently placed! Play offs to take place as and when and City to lose out! It’s going to be interesting to see what decision the powers that be come to eventually.
:scarf:

up the line

🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 7, 2010
Manchester
Derek says his team definitely deserved to win today, they were far better all day and it was a stroke of managerial genius that kept Argyle from scoring

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
up_the_line":32eoqtpb said:
Derek says his team definitely deserved to win today, they were far better all day and it was a stroke of managerial genius that kept Argyle from scoring

Well tbh we parked the bus way before they did!! :whistle: