Morecambe! | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Morecambe!

Aug 5, 2016
jerryatricjanner":3vq42q3i said:
JannerinCardiff":3vq42q3i said:
I don’t get the interest in Adams either. To me he’s just an ex manager - nothing else. He’s a decent L2 manager but I think he’ll fail in league 1. Much prefer Lowe at the helm personally.
If he were manager of Morecambe in League 1 next season I am sure he would fail as he would need to be a genius to keep them up. If he were manager of Bolton in League 1 next season then I would expect him to succeed. I was never a great fan of his at Home Park but his record was pretty good up until the final months of his last season. Credit where it's due though, he has done a remarkable job at Morecambe.

He's done a remarkable job most places he has been.

Aug 5, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1wf8kc26 said:
I don’t get the interest in Adams either. To me he’s just an ex manager - nothing else. He’s a decent L2 manager but I think he’ll fail in league 1. Much prefer Lowe at the helm personally.

I wouldn't get too excited yet. Adams finished 7th in his first season at League One level, then found recruitment that summer quite difficult.
Lowe has finished 6 points off the relegation zone and we can currently count the senior players we have on our hands.
Not only that but results absolutely nosedived at the end of the season which isn't very reassuring looking into the next one.
So the statement that Lowe can manage at this level and Adams can't is a bit unqualified I would say.
Let Lowe have a go at managing Morecambe in League One, or even getting Morecambe to League One, and we'll see if he is the better manager.

Bernie Bernbaum

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Pasoti Quiz Champions
Jade Berrow 23/24
May 29, 2015
Im backing The Shrimps but to be honest I reckon Newport will win.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I hope Morecambe do it, one because it's a very good away day, and two because they'd probably be weaker in League 1 than Newport.

Jan 7, 2018
Personally wouldn't of sacked Adams as I said at the time and think Adams will go championship at some point or decent job on Scotland. Think best we've had since ollie.good luck Adams and all our former lads playing for them today.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
arthpafc":3hsd8nf3 said:
Personally wouldn't of sacked Adams as I said at the time and think Adams will go championship at some point or decent job on Scotland. Think best we've had since ollie.good luck Adams and all our former lads playing for them today.

Adams is doing very well at Morecambe and may well go on to manage at a higher level, however Hallett had no choice other than to dismiss him, we were about to be relegated (with a team that really shouldn't have been), he had lost his dressing room and lost the fanbase. There was no coming back from that Accrington debacle, ST renewals for the following season would have been at an all time low if he'd have stayed.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
I’ll be more than a little miffed if Morecambe win today, after the very poor Wembley showing by an Adams-prepared Argyle side.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Should have been an early pen for Newport, Letheren missing the ball and only connecting with the Newport forward.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Alan Turing":3o2x0ad6 said:
I’ll be more than a little miffed if Morecambe win today, after the very poor Wembley showing by an Adams-prepared Argyle side.
I'm hoping they do win for Derek's sake. Imagine having 2 teams that couldn't perform on the big stage.

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
Keepitgreen":1p3gew2r said:
Alan Turing":1p3gew2r said:
I'm hoping they do win for Derek's sake. Imagine having 2 teams that couldn't perform on the big stage.

Sorry Bob, I never took to DA and the way it all ended didn’t improve my opinion.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
Alan Turing":2ou0br31 said:
Keepitgreen":2ou0br31 said:
Alan Turing":2ou0br31 said:

Sorry Bob, I never took to DA and the way it all ended didn’t improve my opinion.
That's the difference Dave, I got to know him very well and what he did for the club. Yes, it went wrong in the end but it does for most managers and that's why they get the push. I hope he gets rewarded today for what he's done at Morecambe.