Neil Warnock | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Neil Warnock

Jan 20, 2004
If I remember right, he threw his toys out of the pram when McCauley wanted him to use three star hotels, instead of four and five stars, to save money, so instructed the players to car share on an away trip to Stockport where we lost 3-1.

His bust up with McCauley that season lead to us going straight back down.

Jun 27, 2019
Warnock is just another one of our former managers deemed not good enough by some on here, despite the fact that - like Pulis and Holloway - he's enjoyed several stints in the Premier League.

Only Argyle fans could consider that somehow beneath them.

Apr 15, 2008
London
Ross":8a2y54yx said:
gaspargomez":8a2y54yx said:
Ross":8a2y54yx said:
Kentishgreen":8a2y54yx said:
He did however get us out of the basement fairly quickly, took us to Wembley for the first time ever and got us promoted. If that’s not legendary then I don’t know what is.

As IJN has already alluded to and as history will show, MacCauley threw money at that side and we should have finished higher than our 4th position suggested.

Well IJN is wrong.

Warnock got us promoted in his first season- what more do you want for crying out loud ?
That's good enough for me !!

The team was in complete disarray when Warnock took over if I remember correctly. He rebuilt things from scratch.

He spent - in what would be today's money - over 500k on 3 players. 500k for a 4th tier side! We should have gone up as Champions for that sort of outlay.

His tenure is memorable for 2 consecutive games. He is nowhere near the same level of what Paul Sturrock has achieved for our club and shouldn't be be considered a legend.

Glad you sorted that out for us.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
WoodsyGreen":meri5gyt said:
Warnock is just another one of our former managers deemed not good enough by some on here, despite the fact that - like Pulis and Holloway - he's enjoyed several stints in the Premier League.

Very true!

Mar 18, 2014
Warnock - despite being totally beneath the standard required by Pasoti experts - has achieved more promotions than any other manager

Scarborough Football Conference champions, 1986–87
Notts County Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1989–90
Notts County Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1990–91
Huddersfield Town Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1994–95
Plymouth Argyle Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1995–96
Sheffield United Football League Championship runners-up 2005–06
Queens Park Rangers Football League Championship winners 2010–11
Cardiff City Football League Championship runners-up 2017–18

jespafc

✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 23, 2005
www.johnstanlake.com
WoodsyGreen":1mch5oy9 said:

This.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
He has had an excellent career in football management but, like Holloway, he is past his ‘appoint by’ date.
Unless a manager asked for assistance with his advice and experience it would be a poor decision for the Board to invite him to join them.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
jespafc":1eiw1l3q said:
WoodsyGreen":1eiw1l3q said:

This.

I have never ever considered that he wasn't a very good football manager.
I've never been sorry that he spent time with us and gave me the best day at Wembley that I've ever had! ;)
I've never thought that he shouldn't go off, manage other teams and call them his 'beloved'!
He is a professional manager but he seems honest enough to love the club you're with (Stephen Stills like?), rather than 'bleeding Green', swearing his everlasting fealty and lying about a new job! (no names! :whistle: )

So? I'd buy him a pint and have an Argyle chat with him anytime, favourite manager? - probably not! :scarf:

Aug 5, 2016
Vampires11":2mwa90x9 said:
Warnock - despite being totally beneath the standard required by Pasoti experts - has achieved more promotions than any other manager

Scarborough Football Conference champions, 1986–87
Notts County Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1989–90
Notts County Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1990–91
Huddersfield Town Football League Second Division Play-off winners 1994–95
Plymouth Argyle Football League Third Division Play-off winners 1995–96
Sheffield United Football League Championship runners-up 2005–06
Queens Park Rangers Football League Championship winners 2010–11
Cardiff City Football League Championship runners-up 2017–18

He last worked for Argyle nearly 25 years ago and lent us a loan player once in Matty Kennedy despite Warnock being almost continally employed in that time and having the potential to send us a lot of good players.

This idea that he has a special soft spot for Argyle doesn't really seem to be the case. That is all I'm saying.

Mar 8, 2011
Plymouth
Tbf to Warnock he used to come to quite a few Argyle games if the team he was managing had an international break.

I also remember seeing him at a JPT game against Aldershot on a Tuesday night. Something he didn’t have to do and if he didn’t care for us I’m pretty sure he wouldn’t have bothered.

Beyton Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 19, 2005
IJN":2amplpsz said:
gaspargomez":2amplpsz said:
Well IJN is wrong.

Warnock got us promoted in his first season- what more do you want for crying out loud ?
That's good enough for me !!

The team was in complete disarray when Warnock took over if I remember correctly. He rebuilt things from scratch.

The football was terrible. Apart from the wonderful semi final at Home Park.

A real example of results over performance. As for the final?! :facepalm:

Better than the Adams final!!

Emu

Oct 3, 2003
Sarf London
Did anyone catch the Warnock fly on the wall documentary on BT1 after the Bromley v Bristol R cup game the other day?