New away shirt revealed | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New away shirt revealed

Your thoughts on the new away kit?

• I like it

Votes: 85 91.4%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters
Aug 18, 2010
PL2
The Doctor":kyvttwd9 said:
A white away kit will be useless when we're playing up north in the deep of winter and it's snowing...

Don’t worry, the bright yellow 3rd kit will be rolled out for those games :D

Mar 15, 2007
Plymouth

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
I Love Mickey":3b9cbmw2 said:
The Doctor":3b9cbmw2 said:
A white away kit will be useless when we're playing up north in the deep of winter and it's snowing...

Don’t worry, the bright yellow 3rd kit will be rolled out for those games :D

Let's just hope the snow isn't yellow then...

Jul 7, 2008
Plymouth/Bristol
demportdave":294lnv74 said:
davegreenarmy":294lnv74 said:
I’m very excited for this one. NY Yankee style pinstripes. Yes please.
The Yankees Suck - Go Red Sox!

I’ve got no affiliation to the Yankees, just always liked their kit. Incidentally the only baseball game I’ve ever attended was at Fenway Park, so I’ll join your support ;)

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
davegreenarmy":1z4jbz4s said:

Please do not soil this fine website with the Bronx Bums! #LGM
:D

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
davegreenarmy":gyyc8mqy said:
demportdave":gyyc8mqy said:
davegreenarmy":gyyc8mqy said:

I’ve got no affiliation to the Yankees, just always liked their kit. Incidentally the only baseball game I’ve ever attended was at Fenway Park, so I’ll join your support ;)
I have been to Fenway many times and whilst I love Baseball, it’s about the whole experience for the fan, not just events on the field. Our Football Clubs could learn from it. You can even buy Yankee toilet paper in the Red Sox shop and I can think of one or two clubs that we could do something similar with.

The excitement from the T station in Kenmore Square, over the Turnpike and in the streets around the stadium, the fans gathering around the Cask & Flagon; it brings the hairs up on the back of your neck almost like a religious experience. That’s what going to a sporting event should feel like.

A stadium that opened in the week that the Titanic went down which still has the original facade and main stand behind home plate. Grandstands with pillars covered in rivets. The Green Monster, a 30’ high wall in left field, in front of Landsdowne Street adds to the mystique and unrivalled character of the place, although I suppose the ivy-clad wall in centre field at Wrigley is equally quirky and unique. Modern stadiums tend to be functional and so badly lacking in character.

To think that John Henry wanted to knock the stadium down when he bought the Red Sox! Fortunately, fan-power kicked in and Red Sox fans stopped that idea before it gained any traction and Fenway Park is now the most revered stadium in American sport, sorry Cubs fans but it is.

Enough of my waffling and back on topic, when is the white away shirt going to be on sale?

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
demportdave":y1n7emcq said:
davegreenarmy":y1n7emcq said:
demportdave":y1n7emcq said:
davegreenarmy":y1n7emcq said:

I have been to Fenway many times and whilst I love Baseball, it’s about the whole experience for the fan, not just events on the field. Our Football Clubs could learn from it. You can even buy Yankee toilet paper in the Red Sox shop and I can think of one or two clubs that we could do something similar with.

The excitement from the T station in Kenmore Square, over the Turnpike and in the streets around the stadium, the fans gathering around the Cask & Flagon; it brings the hairs up on the back of your neck almost like a religious experience. That’s what going to a sporting event should feel like.

A stadium that opened in the week that the Titanic went down which still has the original facade and main stand behind home plate. Grandstands with pillars covered in rivets. The Green Monster, a 30’ high wall in left field, in front of Landsdowne Street adds to the mystique and unrivalled character of the place, although I suppose the ivy-clad wall in centre field at Wrigley is equally quirky and unique. Modern stadiums tend to be functional and so badly lacking in character.

To think that John Henry wanted to knock the stadium down when he bought the Red Sox! Fortunately, fan-power kicked in and Red Sox fans stopped that idea before it gained any traction and Fenway Park is now the most revered stadium in American sport, sorry Cubs fans but it is.

Enough of my waffling and back on topic, when is the white away shirt going to be on sale?

I loved Shea stadium and the Mets - sadly the stadium has gone now. But D Strawberry, G Carter, D Gooden Fernandez and Hernandez are all legends. I’m sure the Red Sox has a pitcher called Oil Can Boyd when the Mets won the World Series in 1986 - what a win that was

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":htcg5h3t said:
You have always got to be worried about yellow snow.

My Mum always said not to eat the yellow snow.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":168gbnhb said:

I have to say, I’m not a fan.

I’ve been to a Yankees-Red Sox game, and I couldn’t detect much of a sense of genuine rivalry. The only two chants I heard were ‘Boston sucks’ and ‘Let’s Go Yankees’, which get a bit tedious after three hours. It all feels very top-down (‘hey fans, these are your rivals and this is the narrative you’re supposed to follow and the songs you’re supposed to sing. Remember not to curse’) and stuff like the toilet paper is all part of the show. I’m sure it would have been different years ago.

I love that you go to a football match, and the near 100% focus is on what happens on the pitch and supporting your team, rather than led by a big screen. I’d agree though, that it would be a more exciting experience at Home Park for non-hardcore football fans if there was a screen and more entertainment.

Anyway, back to the away shirt, think we’re due an update...

Doyley43

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 21, 2006
SOUTH HAMS
Quintrell_Green":22hm62yw said:
The best performance at The Shea Stadium was by The Beatles IMHO judged by the number of female young ladies who fainted on the night!

Only seen it on TV but it was awesome :scarf: