New away shirt revealed | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New away shirt revealed

Your thoughts on the new away kit?

• I like it

Votes: 85 91.4%
  • I don't like it

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 5 5.4%

• Total voters

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":2pikocot said:
demportdave":2pikocot said:
I have been to Fenway many times and whilst I love Baseball, it’s about the whole experience for the fan, not just events on the field. Our Football Clubs could learn from it. You can even buy Yankee toilet paper in the Red Sox shop and I can think of one or two clubs that we could do something similar with.

I have to say, I’m not a fan.

I’ve been to a Yankees-Red Sox game, and I couldn’t detect much of a sense of genuine rivalry. The only two chants I heard were ‘Boston sucks’ and ‘Let’s Go Yankees’, which get a bit tedious after three hours. It all feels very top-down (‘hey fans, these are your rivals and this is the narrative you’re supposed to follow and the songs you’re supposed to sing. Remember not to curse’) and stuff like the toilet paper is all part of the show. I’m sure it would have been different years ago.

I love that you go to a football match, and the near 100% focus is on what happens on the pitch and supporting your team, rather than led by a big screen. I’d agree though, that it would be a more exciting experience at Home Park for non-hardcore football fans if there was a screen and more entertainment.

Anyway, back to the away shirt, think we’re due an update...
I never mentioned screens but for a number of reasons, all-seater stadiums probably should have big digital screens in this age of technology.

There doesn’t have to be blocks of empty seats populated only by people in yellow vests to signify the hostility between Red Sox and Yankee fans. With armed Police on duty inside the stadium, they wouldn’t put up with any violence, not to mention the loss of revenue from empty seats.

I have seen a bit of fisticuffs (handbags really) at Baseball watching the Red Sox down in Baltimore but that is pretty rare. I could sit anywhere I like in Yankee Stadium in my Red Sox jersey and the worst that would happen would be a bit of verbals, but it would be mostly good-nature banter. But the Yankees hate the Red Sox and the feeling is mutual. However, in a country where violence is common in their large cities, unlike some English fans! American sports fans don’t generally feel the need to kick the sh*t out of their rivals or chuck bottles at them.

There is to their credit, but it is our shame and disgrace that we cannot sit together in any football ground in this country, even at our lowly level.

Perfectly well-behaved supporters of all ages are routinely evicted because they have dared to sit in the “wrong” part of the ground, as they are automatically labelled as potential trouble makers. And this is in modern all-seater stadiums, not the crumbling, open terraces of the early 1970s.

What does that say about us in 2020?

Alan Turing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jul 24, 2010
Mutley
demportdave":3gsey08c said:
davegreenarmy":3gsey08c said:
I’m very excited for this one. NY Yankee style pinstripes. Yes please.
The Yankees Suck - Go Red Sox!

Well, I agree with the first bit!

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
A second glimpse...

EaF8PVfX0AA6bqy

https://twitter.com/Only1Argyle/status/ ... 13/photo/1

Liam Vercoe

🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 27, 2010
Unless there's something hideously wrong with the neck or sleeves, going by that second glimpse, I will be buying this as soon as they let me.

May 21, 2015
Liam Vercoe":2dk6s5ek said:
Unless there's something hideously wrong with the neck or sleeves, going by that second glimpse, I will be buying this as soon as they let me.
100% agreed

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Yep, I think this gif is very much appropriate here...

giphy.gif

Feb 2, 2005
Cornwall
I'm just going to stick this in here and see what everyone else makes of it...

We all want to give the club as much as money as each of us us able to do right now.

None of us know who exactly is still going to be playing for us next season but we can guarantee that #12 will be giving it their all!

So why don't we all get #12 ARGYLE on the backs of our shirts? Grown men dont feel silly for having a players name on the back, club gets extra money. Have a big marketing push behind because "One Argyle" - all that good stuff.

Shirt is £42 + printing is £15. Call it an even £60 and everyone who buys one is entered to win a signed one presented by the squad.

What you reckon?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Think I’m ready to see this now...

And I like that idea, but can the club just put an optional donation on every purchase? I think a lot of people would stick in an extra 5 or 10 quid on if they’re already spending 40+.

Personally I just like the plain shirt, if only because the name and numbers stick to my back (same as sponsor on the front), especially when playing football.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Biggs":1il1m5tf said:
Personally I just like the plain shirt, if only because the name and numbers stick to my back (same as sponsor on the front), especially when playing football.

I only once made the mistake of having a name and number on the shirt** - never again - too sweaty, and I don't play football or any other energetic pastime any more. The big orange blob was another culprit.