New defence required | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New defence required

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Aimson, Opoku & Watts are all technically good enough for this level and they work well as a trio, the issue is leadership. It's why I'd still be tempted to put McCormick in for a couple of games, not because Cooper has done anything wrong, but to get another voice at the back and someone to organise.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":2rkc1gto said:
Balham_Green":2rkc1gto said:
Ah yes Hardie who has already missed several sitters this season and Mayor who has scored 2 goals since he has been here. Forgive me for my lack of excitement. Yesterday Mayor worked himself in to a good position, well inside the pen area then put his shot about a yard outside the post. Sums him up.

In the past you used Hardie missing an open goal as an example. Fact is that it wasn’t an open goal, Hardie’s shot was on target, beat the keeper but the defender made a block. Yesterday Mayor had a few shots on target but the shots were blocked. If the team tried to get forward quickly and didn’t fart about, mayor and Hardie would have bigger targets to aim for. As for Mayor’s shot which didn’t curl enough, a tricky one into the top corner was the only option left for him as the box was packed.

Ah yes those pesky defenders getting in the way. Very unfair. You re not very often going to get a gaping goal with nobody there at all. Is that all we are thinking Hardie can score? If he cant score in the 6 yard box with the keeper on the floor he's never gonna score.
As for Mayor yes he does regularly hit the first defender. How do we know if its on target!? The idea is to AVOID the defender. How many defenders were there between the goal and their scorers yesterday?
We dont have the quality in the box. Its as simple as that. And with our defensive inadequacies too its pretty worrying. Not to mention lack of a ball winner in Midfield. :facepalm:

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Be as sarky as you like. It’s the opposition’s job to defend and we make their job easy by being hesitant.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
What’s the plan for the next game then? Any analysts got any ideas?? :crazy:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
GreenThing":216tq5o9 said:
Be as sarky as you like. It’s the opposition’s job to defend and we make their job easy by being hesitant.

I think you're right. Jephcott's goals usually come from whipped in near post crosses to his diagonal run - very hard to defend against. Hardie revels in running at a retreating defence and hitting it early but other, close in 'chances' by e.g. Danny Mayor are more easily blocked by a packed defence.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Clem":2n53tyfy said:
We could sendnew back Opoku Fornah and Abraham and replace them with more experienced players in the new window.

That is what I think too.. :thumbup:

Jul 12, 2016
JannerinCardiff":1ckiohh6 said:
Clem":1ckiohh6 said:
We could sendnew back Opoku Fornah and Abraham and replace them with more experienced players in the new window.

That is what I think too.. :thumbup:
Use "should" instead of "could"

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Not sure we need a new thread on our defence, so bumping this one.

There has to be available players out there that are better than what we have surely. No confidence what so ever.

Still time to get back in to it though. (Maybe not! There’s a big delay on my feed! Terrible)

Jul 7, 2006
I confess that I do not understand Lowe''s prsistence with a 3 man back line. It obviously doesn't work for us and makes it much easier for opposing strikers to split the defence. It also means that the wider midfield have to drop back to help out but this is easier said than done. So it would seem more logical to have a regular back four with one of those going forward when necessary.
Also, we seem to have lost the ability to play nice triangle passing and those who watched BR yesterday can't failed to have noticed how well they did this..