New defence required | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New defence required

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
What’s needed at the club is a defence coach, the managers “attack is the best form of defence” will get us more heavy defeats.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
We go again with a different partnership, let’s see how we get on today. :scarf:

Jul 19, 2006
Yorkshire
Opoko and Watts will bothe be good defenders and far better than canavan and wooton but they are young and youngsters make mistakes that's why we have them
Same with Fornah and Camera but they will all be hell of good players as they learn
For me cooper to take mayors position saturday let's see what he can do in the right position ? Mayor may struggle to get back in if cooper fancies his position and is given a chance there

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
RickyPlows":akdkc15x said:
Daz":akdkc15x said:
We go again with a different partnership, let’s see how we get on today. :scarf:

So how did it go...

This seriously needs to be addressed

I’d hope our manager knows what to do in January. Looked alright in the first half. Second half :thumbdown:

Jul 12, 2016
I know its nearly Christmas but I wish our players weren't so generous with their gifts to the opposition.

Feb 8, 2005
The defence would not be noticed so much if we were scoring prolifically up front.

This is the Lowe way, isn't it? Score more than the opposition.

Maybe we should concentrate more on what the attack is doing, rather than the defence.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
jimsing":2xz2ahy8 said:
The defence would not be noticed so much if we were scoring prolifically up front.

Maybe we should concentrate more on what the attack is doing, rather than the defence.

I previously have posted about the lack of composure with some of our finishing. Jephcott aside we do miss some sitters. The gift wrapped chances we give to the opposition though is something else.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Daz":5gk727yx said:
jimsing":5gk727yx said:

I previously have posted about the lack of composure with some of our finishing. Jephcott aside we do miss some sitters. The gift wrapped chances we give to the opposition though is something else.

I don’t think it’s the lack of clinical finishers, more the case of us fannying about too long so that when the shot does come in the 6yrd box is packed and there’s no room to squeeze one in.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":h3dpfgww said:
Daz":h3dpfgww said:
jimsing":h3dpfgww said:

I don’t think it’s the lack of clinical finishers, more the case of us fannying about too long so that when the shot does come in the 6yrd box is packed and there’s no room to squeeze one in.

So who are the finishers apart from Jephcott?

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Hardie for one, Mayor tends to be on target with most of his shots but they’re blocked by defenders, which reinforces my belief that they fart about too much and only get their shots away too late when the defence is back and ready to make those blocks.

Sep 6, 2006
Ah yes Hardie who has already missed several sitters this season and Mayor who has scored 2 goals since he has been here. Forgive me for my lack of excitement. Yesterday Mayor worked himself in to a good position, well inside the pen area then put his shot about a yard outside the post. Sums him up.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":32ergpex said:
Ah yes Hardie who has already missed several sitters this season and Mayor who has scored 2 goals since he has been here. Forgive me for my lack of excitement. Yesterday Mayor worked himself in to a good position, well inside the pen area then put his shot about a yard outside the post. Sums him up.

In the past you used Hardie missing an open goal as an example. Fact is that it wasn’t an open goal, Hardie’s shot was on target, beat the keeper but the defender made a block. Yesterday Mayor had a few shots on target but the shots were blocked. If the team tried to get forward quickly and didn’t fart about, mayor and Hardie would have bigger targets to aim for. As for Mayor’s shot which didn’t curl enough, a tricky one into the top corner was the only option left for him as the box was packed.