New Grandstand experience | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Grandstand experience

Jun 28, 2011
Plymouth
IJN":278j902o said:
That was Barnsley (1-4) but I can't remember seeing any ponchos at that game. I was watching that one with the GT's and the Bickle Suite at the time.

If I remember rightly, it was in the Championship, November 2005, against Leicester City - abandoned at half time.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
By God it rained that night didn't it?

I remember a miracle that night.

Chadwick scored.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Having not been in the upper grandstand, can the seat height be adjusted at all? if all the seats could be raised by a couple of inches it might allow more people to sit without their knees being lifted up around their waist.

Aug 5, 2016
IJN":1hqu658s said:
By God it rained that night didn't it?

I remember a miracle that night.

Chadwick scored.

The waterlogged pitch helped Chadwick's first touch significantly!

I also remember Larrieu nearly getting lobbed from a routine punt down pitch. The ball bounced in the middle of our half and Larrieu came to the edge of his box for a routine catch under no pressure. Next thing the wind caught and took the ball like it was a frisbee on the beach. He backtracked in blind panic and just about tipped it over the bar.

I also remember Wotton sliding and he didn't stop for about 10 metres. It was the right decision to call it off, it should never have gone ahead. Epic combination of biblical rain and howling wind.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Presto":1fyxjc1h said:
Do not understand why the getting wet issue has come from. The lower tier grandstand has always been exposed to the elements.
For most of its life that area was standing. There is a big difference between standing in the rain with a waterproof coat and sitting in the rain getting a 'Saltash Catch'** Spending two hours or more with wet nether regions is not most people's idea of fun.

** A wet a** and no fish.

South Hams James

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Mar 10, 2011
Ade the green":3hlgeanz said:
Having not been in the upper grandstand, can the seat height be adjusted at all? if all the seats could be raised by a couple of inches it might allow more people to sit without their knees being lifted up around their waist.

I believe THIS.. I emailed club to give this feedback. It was my experience that knee height is just in line with the lip of the seat in front. As they are moulded plastic the lip turns back and from my experience made contact with my knee. If they raised the seat backs up an inch or two this should help 'most people' and mean seat leg room is no worse than before. There is nothing more that could be done as that was the space available from the old original design.

59368ffbda7be3e5707a122f52212626.jpg

See picture, the issue is that the moulded seats have pre-moulded fixing points and the top fixing would be above the frame if raised, either needing new frames £££ or adaptor brackets ££ either way costly and time consuming. I'm sure the club will be looking into this if enough people raise constructive feedback.

Jun 22, 2008
Taunton
I sat in the Grandstand for the Swindon game for the first time in years and I'm afraid I won't be rushing back. Good views, but really squashed and I'm not exactly tall.

All 3 of my kids enjoyed it, but expressed that they wanted to go back to our usual Demport seats. My youngest daughter (9) also said "Dad, it so quiet here you can hear people's conversations, including the players".

I'm not ungrateful for everything that has been done, and I think the investment is brilliant, but its the Demport for the next game!

COYG!

Aug 10, 2006
GoGoGreen":2rydljti said:
I get that legroom could/should have been better planned and there are clearly some teething problems to be ironed out, but nobody is obliged to sit there! The new stand looks fab from the other side.

Catering & toilets etc sound little different to elsewhere in the ground - the best part of 16,000 people accessing facilities within a twenty minute window is always going to be tricky. Our family visits (with 2 potentially whiny teenagers) are planned with military precision - arrive early, wet/cold weather clothes on, own supply of sweets then toilet, food & drink before the match starts! Sit back (plenty of legroom for me as I’m only 5’2”) and enjoy the show!
nobody is obliged to sit there? so why bother with the makeover then why not just close it.

Aug 2, 2011
Pretty inane comment. £8 million spent on a major refurbishment and you say “nobody is obliged to sit there”. In your opinion £8 million is well spent as it looks OK from the other side.

memory man

✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Nov 28, 2011
Romsey
loyal1970":33pewoug said:
GoGoGreen":33pewoug said:
I get that legroom could/should have been better planned and there are clearly some teething problems to be ironed out, but nobody is obliged to sit there! The new stand looks fab from the other side.

Catering & toilets etc sound little different to elsewhere in the ground - the best part of 16,000 people accessing facilities within a twenty minute window is always going to be tricky. Our family visits (with 2 potentially whiny teenagers) are planned with military precision - arrive early, wet/cold weather clothes on, own supply of sweets then toilet, food & drink before the match starts! Sit back (plenty of legroom for me as I’m only 5’2”) and enjoy the show!
nobody is obliged to sit there? so why bother with the makeover then why not just close it.
Glad it wasn't just me that thought that it was a rather silly thing to say.