New JonB blog. | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New JonB blog.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
dunlop":20p3qtn9 said:
Putting it mildly being economical with the truth, it’s a sham at HP.

Sham = ‘a thing that is not what it is purported to be’.

And you’re saying even that is ‘putting it mildly’. So what is this great lie that’s being fed to us?

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
Kentishgreen":1l5yr8tm said:
The step ladder is just an illusion

No doubt some Blighter will report to the Council when it moves.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
IJN":ffkmnp2q said:
I hope you mentioned this to JB when you and Oddball chatted to him at Torquay then!

No just a polite hand shake when he came up to me and Al to say hello.

Aug 5, 2015
So all those photos on GOS, the club’s own photos, the webcams and the blog prove conclusively that there has been no progress at Home Park not even any old fashioned progress. JB has employed a stunning illusionist then!

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Kentishgreen":14t8wkko said:
So all those photos on GOS, the club’s own photos, the webcams and the blog prove conclusively that there has been no progress at Home Park not even any old fashioned progress. JB has employed a stunning illusionist then!

Grandstand refurb nearly finished is it.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
dunlop":3o9jh0q8 said:
Kentishgreen":3o9jh0q8 said:

:lol:

:facepalm:

May 22, 2006
dunlop":q83579c7 said:
Kentishgreen":q83579c7 said:

What are you doing?

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
tonycholwell":19pskepl said:
Argy1e":19pskepl said:
andyr1963":19pskepl said:
Fact is because John Back says all conditions have been met, does not mean Plymouth City Council believe that all the pre conditions have been met. If they had been, we could have had an "all systems go" announcement from Argyle.

The article you've clearly not read":19pskepl said:
With the important, stadium-specific ‘pre-commencement’ conditions of the project now all satisfied to an appropriate standard, it really is all systems go

Try reading it?

Personally, I have found it and the associated applications a riveting experience.

2 quick points:

1. There its no update on the PCC planning portal in respect of Condition 19. This happens sometimes but you would expect to see it documented early next week at the latest.

2. Jon, who I have known for a long time now is normally very precise with language. So, I though this was the case when he wrote "stadium-specific ‘pre-commencement’. This may or may not pertain to the fact application 17/01684/OUT was a Hybrid application, which also included the proposed ice rink and outline permission for what is being called the Western gateway.

I may have missed it, but still no news on signing up the main contractor. This clearly impinges on the new changing rooms and supporters bar, let alone the Grandstand.

Whatever the delay, be it planning or otherwise I would hope that work will proceed with some speed now so that it is ready for the start of season 2019/20.

And this morning the PPC Planning Portal has been upgraded, including this exchange between James Brent and Chris King.

So, it looks like 4 weeks?

https://planning.plymouth.gov.uk/online ... 483411.pdf

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Can’t get into this end!

So is the drainage a showstopper or not?

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
IJN":3tyvuqj7 said:
Can’t get into this end!

Much to the disappointment of some it seems it's not!

Basically says condition 19 partially discharged and works can proceed on the grandstand, with four week extension to resolve the rest.

Obviously some will pick up on the fact it is not fully resolved, but at last things can be BUILT!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
IJN":3lycrz2z said:
Can’t get into this end!

Clearly Yes but to be seen by how much. It is clear the store and ticket office will sigh with relief:)

It is to be seen if this allows construction to commence on the Grandstand.

The other question outstanding of substance is how close is the contractor to being signed up. Without that we are struggling.

Can I ask Ian, have you been told where Hospitality for Directors, including Away Directors will be, let alone paying guests? Perhaps they are still hoping to use the Grandstand for a while.

Or for that matter, the changing rooms?

Looks like the existing GT facility will remain for so while yet.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Stuart House":1e7jpx6b said:
IJN":1e7jpx6b said:
Can’t get into this end!

Much to the disappointment of some it seems it's not!

Basically says condition 19 partially discharged and works can proceed on the grandstand, with four week extension to resolve the rest.

Obviously some will pick up on the fact it is not fully resolved, but at last things can be BUILT!

The drainage remains a problem Stew as PCC own the land it will be built on and they have no formal agreement with Argyle as far as I can see.

Nor is the contract to construct closer, it seems.

And, to top it all, I shall be on holiday when Argyle are away at Rovers. Damn.