New physio? (Dave Galley - confirmed) | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New physio? (Dave Galley - confirmed)

May 8, 2011
That is the third short notice unplanned departure of long serving employees in a couple of months, it seems the Club is going through a period of upheaval.

Devizes Green

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Feb 8, 2016
We have no idea why Paul Atkinson 'parted company' but I would have thought ' we thank Paul for 10 years service etc' could have been posted within the club statement

Jan 4, 2005
NEWQUAY
PL2 3DQ":18sovbkg said:
The club are very poor when announcing long term employees have left. Atkinson was with the club for nearly 10 years as Head physio and only warrants a 'parted company' on the club website.
Kevin Hodges, Craig Brewster and a few others received similar treatment from the club website.

Yes. It all sends out a sniff of a 'bust-up' but we have no evidence at all. As with Kevin Hodge's departure no note of appreciation was offered in the press release.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Was about to post the same thing myself.

'....after former physio Paul Atkinson had parted company with the club earlier in the week.'

Literally couldn't be more throwaway and unceremonious, and only mentioned in someone else's article.

Apr 20, 2004
Dorset
Biggs":2bms8uxs said:
Was about to post the same thing myself.

'....after former physio Paul Atkinson had parted company with the club earlier in the week.'

Literally couldn't be more throwaway and unceremonious, and only mentioned in someone else's article.

It's pretty disgraceful, really. Implies a real contempt for a long-standing (ex)employee. Whatever the reason for his departure it should be handled in a better way than this. There's so much good that is happening with Argyle at the moment but the way the publicity around recent departures has been handled falls well below what should be expected.

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
Very poor form from Argyle.

Hallett is preaching about wanting Argyle to be seen respected throughout footballing and wider circles, which is all well and good, but respect is earned and that starts from the club itself.

Good luck to Paul - top bloke!

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
No one knows why he left. May be he didn't warrant an official goodbye.

And making no aspersions about him or any other employee as i simply don't know.

But we all know people in our work lives who have stayed in position way to long or should never have got there in the first place.

Feb 21, 2012
Plymouth
And even when managers are sacked after failing at their job, the club usually states that they thank them for their services and wish them well in the future,nothing like that at Argyle though! Shameful.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Stuart House":ydg5sx1q said:
No one knows why he left. May be he didn't warrant an official goodbye.

And making no aspersions about him or any other employee as i simply don't know.

But we all know people in our work lives who have stayed in position way to long or should never have got there in the first place.

Your first sentence I agree with.

How you came to write the following three sentences, after the first one, is a mystery to me. :think:

Jun 18, 2005
born St. Columb, Cornwall
I think it always gracious and professional for a club to thank the departing employee for their contribution, no matter what the circumstances of their leaving. It really doesn't take much time or effort and doesn't have to sound patronising or insincere.

Sep 7, 2006
If the exit was in any way acrimonious, and/or there is the potential for litigation* of some description to follow, the club is probably writing this under advisement.

* I have no idea if this was the case.

Oct 31, 2015
Been off here for a while but decided to return.

I don't get why all the sob stories for Kevin H and Paul.

The academy has not produced for ages and although I was not DAs biggest fan he had nothing to work with from the academy. A few of us were talking last summer about how bad it's been.

With regards to Paul I have met him and think he is a top bloke but recently our history with injuries has been poor so perhaps the management were asking questions.

Both leaving is for the good of the club. Thank you for your time and effort it's appreciated.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
I would tend to agree.

Ultimately having the best people for the job is for the best, BUT... when you have people dedicated to the job, club and city like Paul and Kevin... they deserve a proper farewell and a heartfelt appreciation of the job they’ve done.

May 8, 2011
It is also a slap in the face for the other physios at the Club as it would seem that instead of using one of the existing staff they have brought in someone that appears to be just a temporary stop gap as it does seem that Atkinson’s departure was sudden and unplanned.