New physio? (Dave Galley - confirmed) | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New physio? (Dave Galley - confirmed)

May 8, 2011
In his press conference Lowe as reported in the Herald hasn’t given a reason for Atkinson departure just says replaced one good physio with another one.
Surely a journalist would ask the question ‘why’?

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
HC Green":1uaip8oe said:
In his press conference Lowe as reported in the Herald hasn’t given a reason for Atkinson departure just says replaced one good physio with another one.
Surely a journalist would ask the question ‘why’?

Link to article here

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
HC Green":1vqbb04f said:
It is also a slap in the face for the other physios at the Club as it would seem that instead of using one of the existing staff they have brought in someone that appears to be just a temporary stop gap as it does seem that Atkinson’s departure was sudden and unplanned.
As you've now read, he's here long term.

May 8, 2011
The other thing that I find a bit disappointing from the article is that Lowe said the decision was his but he hasn’t had time to thank Paul. That does sound that he didn’t personally tell Paul I don’t want you, if so that is pretty poor.

Jul 14, 2008
The article literally says that Lowe spoke to Atkinson to tell him he was letting him go. Obviously in saying that he hasn’t had chance to thank him he meant in public

Jan 20, 2005
Plymouth, Devon
HC Green":1d8xmtcj said:
The other thing that I find a bit disappointing from the article is that Lowe said the decision was his but he hasn’t had time to thank Paul. That does sound that he didn’t personally tell Paul I don’t want you, if so that is pretty poor.

He did tell Paul personally.

I think Lowe is referring to the fact he hasn't spoken to the media since the decision, as Schumacher took last Thursday's press conference.

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
Devizes Green":3okeo183 said:
We have no idea why Paul Atkinson 'parted company' but I would have thought ' we thank Paul for 10 years service etc' could have been posted within the club statement

Well I’ll thank him..

Thank you Paul for your 10 years of service to Argyle, wish you best for whatever comes your way next..

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
rsp4":x192jw90 said:
Been off here for a while but decided to return.

I don't get why all the sob stories for Kevin H and Paul.

The academy has not produced for ages and although I was not DAs biggest fan he had nothing to work with from the academy. A few of us were talking last summer about how bad it's been.

With regards to Paul I have met him and think he is a top bloke but recently our history with injuries has been poor so perhaps the management were asking questions.

Both leaving is for the good of the club. Thank you for your time and effort it's appreciated.

Spot on. I echo this post - My feelings exactly.

Aug 5, 2005
HC Green":2ty5mip5 said:
It is also a slap in the face for the other physios at the Club as it would seem that instead of using one of the existing staff they have brought in someone that appears to be just a temporary stop gap as it does seem that Atkinson’s departure was sudden and unplanned.

We now have a physio who has worked in the England set up and was physio for a Champions League winning team. That's like saying signing Steven Gerrard would have been a slap in the face for Luke Summerfield

May 8, 2011
Quizmike":uq51ftup said:
HC Green":uq51ftup said:

We now have a physio who has worked in the England set up and was physio for a Champions League winning team. That's like saying signing Steven Gerrard would have been a slap in the face for Luke Summerfield

Physios all have the same qualifications.

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
HC Green":9jgfo3pi said:
Quizmike":9jgfo3pi said:
HC Green":9jgfo3pi said:

Physios all have the same qualifications.

But not necessarily the same aptitude, skills or experience.

Jan 27, 2012
Firstly Kevin Hodges (club legend) gets kicked out. Now it’s the Physio who’s shown the door.

What’s going on here ? I know Lowe wants to replace everyone with Scousers but don’t the club owe these people some loyalty ?

Think about what it would be like if YOU suddenly got kicked out of your job. These are real people who are probably on modest wages.

Jan 16, 2010
plymouth
gaspargomez":10pnf2ac said:
Firstly Kevin Hodges (club legend) gets kicked out. Now it’s the Physio who’s shown the door.

What’s going on here ? I know Lowe wants to replace everyone with Scousers but don’t the club owe these people some loyalty ?

Think about what it would be like if YOU suddenly got kicked out of your job. These are real people who are probably on modest wages.
i have been made redundant and it is unpleasant but it happens and modest wages is a subjective term.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
Steve Evans":37m2o9gg said:
gaspargomez":37m2o9gg said:

i have been made redundant and it is unpleasant but it happens and modest wages is a subjective term.
Bet you had more than two days notice