New Pitch? | Page 8 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pitch?

Mar 30, 2019
Biggs":1i1rphky said:
The premium seats ARE covered.

It’s not a big deal, New York is rainier than Plymouth and the Yankees stadium barely has a roof at all. And if the rain is coming at an angle you’re getting wet anyway.

...err.....yes, but they stop playing baseball when it rains (bit like cricket....try to play on with light drizzle, but stop completely when it pours down).

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
demportdave":1480o27c said:
Biggs":1480o27c said:

It’s not a big deal, New York is rainier than Plymouth and the Yankees stadium barely has a roof at all. And if the rain is coming at an angle you’re getting wet anyway.
What has Yankee Stadium, or any other stadium for that matter, got to do with it when your getting a good soaking sat in the new seats on the Mayflower. Not much of a “ Premium Experience”.

Except the actual premium seats ARE covered :banghead:

And fair point re baseball, Todric.

Aug 17, 2011
Kings Tamerton
Knowing nothing about ground keeping or different types of grass I am still somewhat confused.

A few weeks ago someone mentioned that the HP pitch is out of date/obsolete so if any technology has advanced past our £500,000 pitch relay before administration why do we seem to have just chucked grass seed and what constitutes state of the art pitches nowadays?

Feb 12, 2019
Plymouth
Im pretty sure we had a sispitch (hybrid)?
I dont understand why we are having a new pitch after last season the pitch was absolutely fine! Is it just basic grass thats being done now then?? If so why??

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
It looks like the sprinkler system has washed some of the grass seed away, you can see on Camera 1 the arc that the sprinkler does and there is not as much grass in that arc.

Mat

🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
Sep 22, 2003
Sidney, British Columbia,, Canada
Biggs":112qhbls said:

Summer vs Winter ?

C

Cheltgreen

Ottawa Green":2t2zx7wu said:
It looks like the sprinkler system has washed some of the grass seed away, you can see on Camera 1 the arc that the sprinkler does and there is not as much grass in that arc.

Yeh. It's starting to bug me now!

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
3 men walking on the pitch, need to get some more grass seed for that arc

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
A decision has been made, and now spreading some fertiliser and/or grass seed.