New Pitch? | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pitch?

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Argylegames has nailed it already, but just to put in very simple terms for RG...

There was no shortening or narrowing of the grass when Derek Adams changed the pitch markings. The astro turf was there before, it used to be right next to the white line for the benefit of linesmen and now you can see the white line is a yard inside that astro turf.

Literally the only result of Adams' change was the white lines on the pitch, NOTHING HAPPENED to the grass or astro turf.

Jul 29, 2016
Brussels, Belgium
HC Green":3g45ixjm said:
RochdaleGreen":3g45ixjm said:
Argylegames":3g45ixjm said:
Kevin_Gollop":3g45ixjm said:
You can also see plenty of grass behind the goals too
But not a lot when you take into account the rear posts supporting the net - they are quite close to the fence

Edit: Mind you, that photo does show the drain around the pitch rather well, it runs under the practice goal. You can see the 1 metre strip of astroturf laid for the lino to run on inside it, and then the rest of the astroturf outside it which replaced the cinder track - much nicer to fall on for players.

Yes I can see the astro turf, but what I want is real turf within the white lines, width and length.. Now is there anybody out there that still doesn't get my point? Jeez!

I am confused because I’m not sure if you think the current dimensions are too small because as Graham Clark says they are about the average for all Clubs and including Wembley or you want the pitch to be the maximum it can be, which will make it one of the biggest pitches in the country.

I do remember watching Argyle in the 50s and my Dad always said the pitch was maximum size and was one of about 3 to be that size. However we did use wingers in those days.

Oct 31, 2015
djg145":7yzqwo7k said:
OMG the pitch as gone!!

Well the grass as gone!!

Webcam 1 isn't working - but you can see it on webcam 2
Blimey who nicked it!!!!

Typical Argo not watching those dammed contractor's on the main stand! :banghead:

May 26, 2015
I'm sorry Mr Gillingham, could you just remind me of your qualifications?

Over 20 years of working in the sports turf/horticulture industry. Including 2 spells at Home park. Also NVQ level 2/3 in sports turf. That's all.

Sorry, Mr Gillingham. I was obviously wrong to doubt your experience in these matters, and therefore I am reassured by what you have to say. Apologies once again.

tonsk

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 19, 2003
Plymouth
www.dastardlys.co.uk
Those pictures were taken before the work was finished. The turf has now been stripped back to where it meets the astroturf and will no doubt be re-seeded as it has been every year to that point.
Whether or not the touchline gets painted along that edge, or slightly in from it as Derek instructed, will not be know until the grass has grown and a new manager is in place I would imagine.

tonsk

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
RochdaleGreen":3dgbvd4i said:
http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?viewer=viewer2&parm=2019-05-19H1&autoload=pic60

Does anybody know from this image whether the corner D is going to be where it looks like it's going to be? Or do I have the nightmare of the white lines going along the edge of the brown bit of the picture?

I thought where the white lines are in that pic was a nightmare, after Derek Adams mutilated the... errrr.... pitch markings. Now you'd be quite happy with them where they are?

As Tonsk says though, that picture just shows the incomplete work.

Lgm

Mar 15, 2017
Surrey
I don't think the turf has been removed, I believe there has been a load of top dressing put on top of the existing pitch hence why the white lines could still be seen when a photo was taken.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Lgm":ayqnyolb said:
I don't think the turf has been removed, I believe there has been a load of top dressing put on top of the existing pitch hence why the white lines could still be seen when a photo was taken.
You obviously weren't watching the top being ground off just before the ABBA concert then. Many many dumper-loads removed before they came back on Monday with a lot of new topping.