New Pitch? | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pitch?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
They are going to have to remove the temporary fence to be able to renew the south side - which they may well do.

As to the length - we'll continue to disagree on that one.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
RochdaleGreen":tqu39fme said:
Please, please give us back our pitch i.e.to the correct width and length pre Adams' mutilation.

How many more times do you need to be told, the pitch was painted a bit smaller but no actual turf was removed. It could easily be painted back at its original size and nothing was mutilated.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
Clearing up was so another smaller crane could come in and lift those 3 extra pieces to the top of the terrace for disabled section, one piece lifted into place now crane has to be repositioned for 2nd piece and 3rd smaller piece into place.

Sep 3, 2011
Argylegames":2wa730vn said:
RochdaleGreen":2wa730vn said:
Agree 100% . The pitch must be widened and lengthened to its original dimensions,i.e. pre destruction by Adams

As I said elsewhere they can't lengthen it without digging it up at both ends. The goal mountings were put in place before the current pitch was originally laid - 'twas shown on GoS. The width was reduced to accommodate the temporary fencing on the grandstand side whilst the rebuild is done. I would expect the width to be returned to normal once the grandstand is completed.

The goal posts were repositioned when the new pitch was laid. I remember the sockets for rugby posts were also laid but as of yet have been redundant.As far as I was aware Adams wanted the pitch narrowed so can't be anything to be with the Old Grandstand having a refurbishment.

May 26, 2015
GreenThing":2wz54b4x said:
RochdaleGreen":2wz54b4x said:
Please, please give us back our pitch i.e.to the correct width and length pre Adams' mutilation.

How many more times do you need to be told, the pitch was painted a bit smaller but no actual turf was removed. It could easily be painted back at its original size and nothing was mutilated.

For goodness sake. Take a look at the fabulous state of the turf within Adams' shrunken white lines. Then take a look look at the shambolic state of the turf/artificial surface outside the shrunken white lines. Do you really think it will be easy to re-instate the original sized pitch? The groundsmen and women would need to start work now. So do you get my point now?

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
WOW that was fast the middle third of the pitch the grass is all gone, it was there about 3 hours ago.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
There are 3 machines working still at 7:22pm one is stripping the turf, and shredding it and sends it to a 2nd machine that has a large bucket on it and takes the grass/soil away and a 3rd is I assume a grass cutter as it is racing around the field, maybe a 4th machine which is leveling the soil.

May 26, 2015
RochdaleGreen":t4ajutcn said:
GreenThing":t4ajutcn said:
RochdaleGreen":t4ajutcn said:

For goodness sake. Take a look at the fabulous state of the turf within Adams' shrunken white lines. Then take a look look at the shambolic state of the turf/artificial surface outside the shrunken white lines. Do you really think it will be easy to re-instate the original sized pitch? The groundsmen and women would need to start work now. So do you get my point now?

OK not quite now, given construction works, but now is the time to decide on pitch dimensions. You can't change it willy nilly, you need time for turf to settle

Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
RochdaleGreen":lwk3rkkh said:

I think the point others are making is that the width was brought in a metre each side, and the 1m of grass is still there each side as you can see in the pic below. The linesmen used to run on the AstroTurf outside the area before I believe. You can also see plenty of grass behind the goals too

0_Plymouth-Argyle-v-Scunthorpe-United-Plymouth-UK-4-May-2019.jpg

May 26, 2015
Kevin_Gollop":pxeel26l said:
RochdaleGreen":pxeel26l said:

I think the point others are making is that the width was brought in a metre each side, and the 1m of grass is still there each side as you can see in the pic below. The linesmen used to run on the AstroTurf outside the area before I believe. You can also see plenty of grass behind the goals too

0_Plymouth-Argyle-v-Scunthorpe-United-Plymouth-UK-4-May-2019.jpg
[/quote]

Thank You. You make my point entirely. Just look at the poo on the Lyndhurst side and behind the goals.