New Pitch? | Page 7 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pitch?

May 26, 2015
plymouthboyuk":1htva03q said:
It looks like the pitch is being widened. There is a JCB digging up the carpet along the Mayflower side

Pleased to get rid of carpet on Mayflower side. Any sign of getting rid of carpet on the Lyndhurst side ? Let's hope that it leads to the reinstatement of the correct pitch width and grass run off areas i.e. pre Adams and pre carpet.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
You’re just on the wind up now.

Derek Adams’ actions had NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on the astro turf or amount of grass on the Home Park pitch.

Nothing, nada, zero.

May 26, 2015
Biggs":24fiil6i said:
You’re just on the wind up now.

Derek Adams’ actions had NO EFFECT WHATSOEVER on the astro turf or amount of grass on the Home Park pitch.

Nothing, nada, zero.

Read my post Biggs; That is why I said "pre- Adams andpre- carpet" ,or pre astro turf just to make it clear for you Biggs in case you didn't equate 'carpet' with 'astroturf'

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
So why mention Derek Adams when all he did was temporarily change the white lines.

The astro turf/carpet was laid in 2010 and looks much better and pitch-like than the red cinder that preceded it, so also don’t see the issue with that.

The astro-turf will also almost certainly be relaid, and is only being removed because it’s nine years old and probably doesn’t fit with the new grandstand lower tier and dugout area.

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
I thought there might have been a green tinge yesterday but don't see it today, but what I do see is that someone has walked on the pitch, right around the midfield on the Lyndhurst side, also the sprinklers are on and one of them is very jerky in it's rotation meaning it stops for a few seconds in various places therefor possibly soaking the area too much

Ottawa Green

Site Admin
Staff member
🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦🇨🇦
Cream First
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 18, 2003
Ottawa, Canada
The pitch definitely has a green tinge on it now, the carpet is growing. :greensmile: :greensmile: :scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
The pitch is coming along nicely, I think we will have an excellent playing surface next season.

Of more concern, looking at webcam 2, anyone sat in the new Mayflower seats isn’t going to get much protection from the rain, even with the extended roof.

Not exactly my idea of “Premium Seating”, getting a good soaking whilst watching the likes of Macclesfield Town, etc.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The premium seats ARE covered.

It’s not a big deal, New York is rainier than Plymouth and the Yankees stadium barely has a roof at all. And if the rain is coming at an angle you’re getting wet anyway.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Biggs":3exdnffj said:

It’s not a big deal, New York is rainier than Plymouth and the Yankees stadium barely has a roof at all. And if the rain is coming at an angle you’re getting wet anyway.

That is rounders right?
Doesn't that take about 3 hours+ too?
Just think what Nuncle Ken could make on a 50/50 draw for good old British brollies!! (Bumbershoots??!! :oops: )
:scarf:

Jul 6, 2005
Biggs":bepczil4 said:

What has Yankee Stadium, or any other stadium for that matter, got to do with it when your getting a good soaking sat in the new seats on the Mayflower. Not much of a “ Premium Experience”.

May 16, 2016
demportdave":ys1ps0ez said:
The pitch is coming along nicely, I think we will have an excellent playing surface next season.

Of more concern, looking at webcam 2, anyone sat in the new Mayflower seats isn’t going to get much protection from the rain, even with the extended roof.

Not exactly my idea of “Premium Seating”, getting a good soaking whilst watching the likes of Macclesfield Town, etc.

Have you only just realised that ?

Dec 3, 2005
The grass is showing through quite nicely now.

Only worry is the damn birds on the pitch eating the seed.