New Pitch? | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

New Pitch?

Sep 3, 2011
RochdaleGreen":1btpv96j said:
GreenThing":1btpv96j said:
RochdaleGreen":1btpv96j said:
Please, please give us back our pitch i.e.to the correct width and length pre Adams' mutilation.

How many more times do you need to be told, the pitch was painted a bit smaller but no actual turf was removed. It could easily be painted back at its original size and nothing was mutilated.

For goodness sake. Take a look at the fabulous state of the turf within Adams' shrunken white lines. Then take a look look at the shambolic state of the turf/artificial surface outside the shrunken white lines. Do you really think it will be easy to re-instate the original sized pitch? The groundsmen and women would need to start work now. So do you get my point now?

Very easily to grow grass and to re-instate the original pitch size.

May 26, 2015
RochdaleGreen":1qxjlvsf said:
Kevin_Gollop":1qxjlvsf said:
RochdaleGreen":1qxjlvsf said:
For goodness sake. Take a look at the fabulous state of the turf within Adams' shrunken white lines. Then take a look look at the shambolic state of the turf/artificial surface outside the shrunken white lines. Do you really think it will be easy to re-instate the original sized pitch? The groundsmen and women would need to start work now. So do you get my point now?

I think the point others are making is that the width was brought in a metre each side, and the 1m of grass is still there each side as you can see in the pic below. The linesmen used to run on the AstroTurf outside the area before I believe. You can also see plenty of grass behind the goals too

0_Plymouth-Argyle-v-Scunthorpe-United-Plymouth-UK-4-May-2019.jpg

Thank You. You make my point entirely. Just look at the poo on the Lyndhurst side and behind the goals.[/quote]

Sorry not sure if previous post went through

May 26, 2015
Mr Gillingham":sx364667 said:
RochdaleGreen":sx364667 said:
GreenThing":sx364667 said:
RochdaleGreen":sx364667 said:
Please, please give us back our pitch i.e.to the correct width and length pre Adams' mutilation.

How many more times do you need to be told, the pitch was painted a bit smaller but no actual turf was removed. It could easily be painted back at its original size and nothing was mutilated.

Very easily to grow grass and to re-instate the original put h size.

Very

I'm sorry Mr Gillingham, could you just remind me of your qualifications?

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
Kevin_Gollop":2f7i3clu said:
You can also see plenty of grass behind the goals too
But not a lot when you take into account the rear posts supporting the net - they are quite close to the fence

Edit: Mind you, that photo does show the drain around the pitch rather well, it runs under the practice goal. You can see the 1 metre strip of astroturf laid for the lino to run on inside it, and then the rest of the astroturf outside it which replaced the cinder track - much nicer to fall on for players.

May 26, 2015
Argylegames":1xkicgyz said:
Kevin_Gollop":1xkicgyz said:
But not a lot when you take into account the rear posts supporting the net - they are quite close to the fence

Edit: Mind you, that photo does show the drain around the pitch rather well, it runs under the practice goal. You can see the 1 metre strip of astroturf laid for the lino to run on inside it, and then the rest of the astroturf outside it which replaced the cinder track - much nicer to fall on for players.

Yes I can see the astro turf, but what I want is real turf within the white lines, width and length.. Now is there anybody out there that still doesn't get my point? Jeez!

justanotherfan

✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
If you continue in this apoplectic state then you will be looking at turf from the other side, calm yourself down.

May 8, 2011
RochdaleGreen":1zu68vk0 said:
Argylegames":1zu68vk0 said:
Kevin_Gollop":1zu68vk0 said:

Yes I can see the astro turf, but what I want is real turf within the white lines, width and length.. Now is there anybody out there that still doesn't get my point? Jeez!

I am confused because I’m not sure if you think the current dimensions are too small because as Graham Clark says they are about the average for all Clubs and including Wembley or you want the pitch to be the maximum it can be, which will make it one of the biggest pitches in the country.

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
RochdaleGreen":1eb19a0p said:

It IS turf within the white lines - its has to be under EFL rules!

The astroturf was laid OUTSIDE the old pitch dimensions on concrete. The areas behind the goal up to the drain are turf. To widen the pitch any more than you can see in that photo requires that the edges and drains are dug up and relaid further out, on to what was once the cinder track. League pitches have to have a run off area, Argyle's just happens to be astroturf.
When the new pitch was put in, they put the white lines at the very edge of the turf, and put astroturf in for the linos to run on, and for the managers to walk on. The photo shows the white line within a foot of the very edge of the turf.

EDIT: GoS had photos of the pitch edge astroturf being laid, but following their recent problems I can't get the photos to come up - getting DB errors.

Sep 3, 2011
RochdaleGreen":279cq23m said:
Mr Gillingham":279cq23m said:
GreenThing":279cq23m said:

Very

Over 20 years of working in the sports turf/horticulture industry. Including 2 spells at Home park. Also NVQ level 2/3 in sports turf. That's all.

Argyle Nutter

Golf Liaison Officer ⛳️
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jan 16, 2006
On the sunny side of the street
The grass area behind the goal is there to provide the try scoring area behind the posts for Rugby games, when the pitch was installed it was planned to play some kind of international games on ie under 23 games etc. The rugger posts are still wrapped up in their original packaging & stored under block 7.
Adams only narrowed the pitch by 1 meter each side.

Daz

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
Pasoti Quiz Champions
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 30, 2003
Mr Gillingham":3sev9qx3 said:
RochdaleGreen":3sev9qx3 said:
Mr Gillingham":3sev9qx3 said:
GreenThing":3sev9qx3 said:

Very

Over 20 years of working in the sports turf/horticulture industry. Including 2 spells at Home park. Also NVQ level 2/3 in sports turf. That's all.

Internet has gone down in Rochdale.

Aug 4, 2018
A quick look at WC2 would suggest, after some conjecture, that work is under way to replace the pitch.
New pitch, Newish grandstand, new manager! New hope for next season! :thumbup:

Dec 3, 2005
OMG the pitch as gone!!

Well the grass as gone!!

Webcam 1 isn't working - but you can see it on webcam 2

Oct 31, 2015
justanotherfan":87hqi5nl said:
If you continue in this apoplectic state then you will be looking at turf from the other side, calm yourself down.
:funny: :funny: :funny: