Next up Peterborough | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next up Peterborough

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
warney":2tobauwc said:
PL2 3DQ":2tobauwc said:
If Mayor is fit I'd go for ...

McCormick

Aimson, Opoku, Watts

Edwards, Camara, Grant, Moore.

......... Mayor

Jephcott, Hardie.

Lowe sometimes plays Mayor in a central position behind the two strikers so I would go for this with Camara and Grant sitting deep just to make us more solid in midfield.

There's no way I'd drop Cooper. He made a couple of mistakes on Saturday but by no means was he that bad.Taking him out of the team after one slightly below par personal performance when the overall team performance was woeful would not be the right thing to do, either for the team or for Coops.

Other young players like Jephcott get dropped or rested and it's not questioned.
After a tough run of games in what is a baptism season for Cooper I believe it would benefit him to have a rest and take stock.
Lowe could say the same thing, it's a squad rotation decision and Cooper needs a rest and come back in a few weeks if McCormick isn't playing well.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
There is something to be said for that Postey but I'm not sure turning the clock back to play a 37 year old who has barely played in 2021 and was a number 2 in a division below is the answer. We might get away with it in the very short term but that's about it and it might be the immediate answer who knows?

Sep 6, 2006
philevs":n12udr7r said:
I’d take a draw, suspect same applies to Posh.
Lots of our players have a point to prove.
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Jephcott and Hardie to start up front too.
Camara to also start.

Yeah I'm sure promotion chasing Posh will settle for a point v the team with 2nd worst away record in the league. Penny still hasn't dropped for many re Hardie.

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
jerryatricjanner":5bevl543 said:
There is something to be said for that Postey but I'm not sure turning the clock back to play a 37 year old who has barely played in 2021 and was a number 2 in a division below is the answer. We might get away with it in the very short term but that's about it and it might be the immediate answer who knows?

McCormick did play 15 times for Swindon last season.
By all accounts McCormick was brought back to nurture Cooper's development and I think this is the exact time to do just that and take him out of the firing line.
Cooper shouldn't be treated like a delicate flower but as a first team player who can be rested at certain times through the season just as other player are.
Let's not forget that one of the leading scorers in League One was rested for the first half yesterday.

Aug 5, 2016
Balham_Green":3g8a0avr said:
philevs":3g8a0avr said:
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Camara to also start.

Yeah I'm sure promotion chasing Posh will settle for a point v the team with 2nd worst away record in the league. Penny still hasn't dropped for many re Hardie.

What penny do you think should drop regarding Hardie?

Telford and Nouble were hardly the answer yesterday.

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Knibbsworth":lxog2i44 said:
Balham_Green":lxog2i44 said:
philevs":lxog2i44 said:
Camara to also start.

What penny do you think should drop regarding Hardie?

Telford and Nouble were hardly the answer yesterday.

He must have missed the defence splitting pass for Nouble to run onto, which resulted in our goal.

demportdave

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jul 6, 2005
philevs":32zopxnd said:
Camara to also start.
Are you being serious?

Arrogant Peterborough who are expecting to get automatic promotion at a minimum will be happy to only get a point at Home to the team with almost the worst away record in the Division and who were badly beaten only a few days before in a shambolic display that saw the Manager make 5 tactical substitutions after 45 minutes.

Settle for a draw, really?

Jul 12, 2016
jerryatricjanner":1zmqke31 said:
No way. Stick with Cooper.He is our future!.

Jul 12, 2016
Balham_Green":5xgw719p said:
philevs":5xgw719p said:
Camara to also start.

I think Hardie will come good again.All strikers go through lean spells and he is the least of our worries at the moment.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
--------------McCormick/Cooper--------------

-----------Aimson---Opoku---Watts-------------

Edwards----------------------------------Grant

---------Cooper---Fornah---Mayor------------

--------------Nouble-------Jephcott--------------

I think there's a case to be made for both for bringing Luke in and keeping Cooper in. I've been wanting to see Cooper tried in midfield for a while now. I think Grant at LWB may be able to provide some quality balls in for Frank.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":erdrsiad said:
jerryatricjanner":erdrsiad said:

By all accounts McCormick was brought back to nurture Cooper's development and I think this is the exact time to do just that and take him out of the firing line.
Cooper shouldn't be treated like a delicate flower but as a first team player who can be rested at certain times through the season just as other player are.
Let's not forget that one of the leading scorers in League One was rested for the first half yesterday.
I think that dropping him would be ‘treating him like a delicate flower’. Apart from an obvious error that resulted in their second goal, I don’t believe he was directly responsible for the other 4 goals. The first took a deflection off Aimson, the third, which may have been offside, left him badly exposed, for the fourth, he was let down a static defence that did not challenge the header from a free kick and the fifth was hit powerfully on the half volley after our defender’s ‘clearance’ put the ball into the danger area.
What would McCormick or Palmer, come to that, have done better to prevent those 4 goals?
RL should show his confidence in Mike Cooper by keeping him in the team on Tuesday.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
davie nine":2gbl50je said:
PL2 3DQ":2gbl50je said:
jerryatricjanner":2gbl50je said:

I think that dropping him would be ‘treating him like a delicate flower’. Apart from an obvious error that resulted in their second goal, I don’t believe he was directly responsible for the other 4 goals. The first took a deflection off Aimson, the third, which may have been offside, left him badly exposed, for the fourth, he was let down by a static defence that did not challenge the header from a free kick and the fifth was hit powerfully on the half volley after our defender’s ‘clearance’ put the ball into the danger area.
What would McCormick or Palmer, come to that, have done better to prevent those 4 goals?
RL should show his confidence in Mike Cooper by keeping him in the team on Tuesday.

Dec 8, 2019
davie nine":3625r261 said:
davie nine":3625r261 said:
PL2 3DQ":3625r261 said:
jerryatricjanner":3625r261 said:

I think that dropping him would be ‘treating him like a delicate flower’. Apart from an obvious error that resulted in their second goal, I don’t believe he was directly responsible for the other 4 goals. The first took a deflection off Aimson, the third, which may have been offside, left him badly exposed, for the fourth, he was let down by a static defence that did not challenge the header from a free kick and the fifth was hit powerfully on the half volley after our defender’s ‘clearance’ put the ball into the danger area.

First goal, too far off his line, 2nd goal needs no explaining, 3rd goal he was in no man's land before the slip and the 5th, the ball crossed the line in the middle of the goal right over him.
I'll give the benefit of doubt for the 5th as it was a decent strike but I think palmer (or others more experienced) would have done better with the first 3

PL2 3DQ

Site Owner
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Oct 31, 2010
davie nine":39sjj1xk said:
davie nine":39sjj1xk said:
PL2 3DQ":39sjj1xk said:
jerryatricjanner":39sjj1xk said:

I appreciate you have long defended Cooper.

Lowe has no qualms about resting Jephcott so might decide our shaky defence needs a more experienced keeper behind them. We'll find out on Tuesday.

Tugboat

Cream First
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 24, 2007
I’m expecting big changes for our next game.

Luke in goal and a single striker upfront being the first 2.