Next up Peterborough | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Next up Peterborough

Aug 4, 2011
Wouldn’t be against McCormick coming back in. Using Bolton as a current example, they’ve took their young keeper out of the firing line and replaced him with a 38 year old who’d barely played in 2020. 2 wins from 2

It’s not just about goalkeeping abilities. It’s leadership, a presence, knowledge of the game in terms of gamesmanship. Luke has been there and done it. Cooper is the future but he may not be the present

Sep 6, 2006
simon1argyle":1jibjhqi said:
davie nine":1jibjhqi said:
davie nine":1jibjhqi said:
PL2 3DQ":1jibjhqi said:
jerryatricjanner":1jibjhqi said:
There is something to be said for that Postey but I'm not sure turning the clock back to play a 37 year old who has barely played in 2021 and was a number 2 in a division below is the answer. We might get away with it in the very short term but that's about it and it might be the immediate answer who knows?

McCormick did play 15 times for Swindon last season.
By all accounts McCormick was brought back to nurture Cooper's development and I think this is the exact time to do just that and take him out of the firing line.
Cooper shouldn't be treated like a delicate flower but as a first team player who can be rested at certain times through the season just as other player are.
Let's not forget that one of the leading scorers in League One was rested for the first half yesterday.
I think that dropping him would be ‘treating him like a delicate flower’. Apart from an obvious error that resulted in their second goal, I don’t believe he was directly responsible for the other 4 goals. The first took a deflection off Aimson, the third, which may have been offside, left him badly exposed, for the fourth, he was let down by a static defence that did not challenge the header from a free kick and the fifth was hit powerfully on the half volley after our defender’s ‘clearance’ put the ball into the danger area.
What would McCormick or Palmer, come to that, have done better to prevent those 4 goals?
RL should show his confidence in Mike Cooper by keeping him in the team on Tuesday.

First goal, too far off his line, 2nd goal needs no explaining, 3rd goal he was in no man's land before the slip and the 5th, the ball crossed the line in the middle of the goal right over him.
I'll give the benefit of doubt for the 5th as it was a decent strike but I think palmer (or others more experienced) would have done better with the first 3

You do have to read a load of tripe on here. How long have you had your goalkeeper coaching badges? So if hadn't been for Cooper we could have drawn 1.1?!! Of course he should have realized in advance that the 1st goal would have taken a massive deflection. He had no chance with the 3rd or 5th. What on earth was Moore doing? He did not have a bad a game so no grounds for being dropped. Made one mistake for second goal. I believe Lowe will concur.

Sep 6, 2006
Cobi Budge":38s4wf2e said:
--------------McCormick/Cooper--------------

-----------Aimson---Opoku---Watts-------------

Edwards----------------------------------Grant

---------Cooper---Fornah---Mayor------------

--------------Nouble-------Jephcott--------------

I think there's a case to be made for both for bringing Luke in and keeping Cooper in. I've been wanting to see Cooper tried in midfield for a while now. I think Grant at LWB may be able to provide some quality balls in for Frank.

They would destroy that powder puff Midfield!

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":2istj5z4 said:
Knibbsworth":2istj5z4 said:
Balham_Green":2istj5z4 said:
philevs":2istj5z4 said:
I’d take a draw, suspect same applies to Posh.
Lots of our players have a point to prove.
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Jephcott and Hardie to start up front too.
Camara to also start.

Yeah I'm sure promotion chasing Posh will settle for a point v the team with 2nd worst away record in the league. Penny still hasn't dropped for many re Hardie.

What penny do you think should drop regarding Hardie?

Telford and Nouble were hardly the answer yesterday.

He must have missed the defence splitting pass for Nouble to run onto, which resulted in our goal.

So we are now getting excited by one pass by a professional footballer are we? So 'defence splitting' that we needed ANOTHER defence splitting ball from Nouble to create the chance.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
Balham_Green":24l3x6dk said:
Cobi Budge":24l3x6dk said:
--------------McCormick/Cooper--------------

-----------Aimson---Opoku---Watts-------------

Edwards----------------------------------Grant

---------Cooper---Fornah---Mayor------------

--------------Nouble-------Jephcott--------------

I think there's a case to be made for both for bringing Luke in and keeping Cooper in. I've been wanting to see Cooper tried in midfield for a while now. I think Grant at LWB may be able to provide some quality balls in for Frank.

They would destroy that powder puff Midfield!

We don't really have a combative midfielder other than maybe Camara and he was destroyed within 10 minutes yesterday. Unless you bring Edwards into the middle, I'd prefer him to remain at RWB.

Let Fornah sit deeper and orchestrate with Cooper & Mayor ahead of him.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I don't think anyone is saying bring Luke in because he's more technically talented than Cooper, but because given the fact we've conceded 7 in a week, Luke's ability to lead and organise could help our defence settle, give Cooper a break and a more stable situation for him to come back into in a couple of games time. I think there's a case to be made for Cooper staying in, and I think there's a case to be made for Luke coming in, I lean toward the latter for a couple of games but there are lots of things to consider, including man management, and Lowe will make the right call.

Dec 8, 2019
Balham_Green":2ytsosg7 said:
simon1argyle":2ytsosg7 said:
davie nine":2ytsosg7 said:
davie nine":2ytsosg7 said:
PL2 3DQ":2ytsosg7 said:
jerryatricjanner":2ytsosg7 said:
There is something to be said for that Postey but I'm not sure turning the clock back to play a 37 year old who has barely played in 2021 and was a number 2 in a division below is the answer. We might get away with it in the very short term but that's about it and it might be the immediate answer who knows?

By all accounts McCormick was brought back to nurture Cooper's development and I think this is the exact time to do just that and take him out of the firing line.
Cooper shouldn't be treated like a delicate flower but as a first team player who can be rested at certain times through the season just as other player are.
Let's not forget that one of the leading scorers in League One was rested for the first half yesterday.
I think that dropping him would be ‘treating him like a delicate flower’. Apart from an obvious error that resulted in their second goal, I don’t believe he was directly responsible for the other 4 goals. The first took a deflection off Aimson, the third, which may have been offside, left him badly exposed, for the fourth, he was let down by a static defence that did not challenge the header from a free kick and the fifth was hit powerfully on the half volley after our defender’s ‘clearance’ put the ball into the danger area.
What would McCormick or Palmer, come to that, have done better to prevent those 4 goals?
RL should show his confidence in Mike Cooper by keeping him in the team on Tuesday.

First goal, too far off his line, 2nd goal needs no explaining, 3rd goal he was in no man's land before the slip and the 5th, the ball crossed the line in the middle of the goal right over him.
I'll give the benefit of doubt for the 5th as it was a decent strike but I think palmer (or others more experienced) would have done better with the first 3

You do have to read a load of tripe on here. How long have you had your goalkeeper coaching badges? So if hadn't been for Cooper we could have drawn 1.1?!! Of course he should have realized in advance that the 1st goal would have taken a massive deflection. He had no chance with the 3rd or 5th. What on earth was Moore doing? He did not have a bad a game so no grounds for being dropped. Made one mistake for second goal. I believe Lowe will concur.
No badges but I wasn't horrendous in my day. College goalkeeper and played for a couple of clubs around Cornwall. Of course Coops is far better than I ever was.
Perhaps take out the first three goals, An. Other may well have made other errors.

As a whole though, its refreshing to see what the staff have commented, rather than the usual rubbish saying we deserved something, so maybe the kick up the rear will be by themselves

Mar 14, 2009
Under Adams he often say we deserved to win, when we lost and were outplayed. I remember countless interviews thinking is this guy deluded.

Lowe comes out. No BS. We were outplayed by the better side.

Peterborough will be a test because anything away from home is difficult for us currently. Looking forward to seeing this Dembele player of theirs as he is meant to be pretty eye catching.

Looking forward to seeing what we do. What will Lowe change, if anything??

GreenThing

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 13, 2003
Plymouth
Balham_Green":1ofl8pjn said:
GreenThing":1ofl8pjn said:
Knibbsworth":1ofl8pjn said:
Balham_Green":1ofl8pjn said:
philevs":1ofl8pjn said:
Would love to see George Cooper start, certainly he and Mayor looked better on left last week than Moore and Mayor did yesterday.
Camara to also start.

Yeah I'm sure promotion chasing Posh will settle for a point v the team with 2nd worst away record in the league. Penny still hasn't dropped for many re Hardie.

He must have missed the defence splitting pass for Nouble to run onto, which resulted in our goal.

So we are now getting excited by one pass by a professional footballer are we? So 'defence splitting' that we needed ANOTHER defence splitting ball from Nouble to create the chance.

He was instrumental in the move that ended up in a goal. He’s also assisted in goals in previous matches so if the penny hasn’t dropped yet, it hasn’t dropped for you.

As for getting ‘excited’ about argyle playing good football and scoring goals, yes, because I’m an Argyle fan and enjoy seeing that sort of thing. Just a shame that 20s of play was the only thing to get excited about over the full hour and half of football.

Sep 6, 2006
GreenThing":cof85c87 said:
Balham_Green":cof85c87 said:
GreenThing":cof85c87 said:
Knibbsworth":cof85c87 said:
Balham_Green":cof85c87 said:
philevs":cof85c87 said:
Camara to also start.

He was instrumental in the move that ended up in a goal. He’s also assisted in goals in previous matches so if the penny hasn’t dropped yet, it hasn’t dropped for you.

As for getting ‘excited’ about argyle playing good football and scoring goals, yes, because I’m an Argyle fan and enjoy seeing that sort of thing. Just a shame that 20s of play was the only thing to get excited about over the full hour and half of football.

It wasn't an assist it was an assist for an assist! The only thing he did all half. So how many assists as he got then? I can think of one v Swindon..... I don't rate him and not the only one. Obviously Blackpool didn't either. Hopefully I'm proved wrong.

jerryatricjanner

✅ Evergreen
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Apr 22, 2006
oldage":inztch1f said:
jerryatricjanner":inztch1f said:
No way. Stick with Cooper.He is our future!.
That's my thoughts too really Oldage but I am trying to be a little open minded on the subject. I can see some merit in taking him out the firing line for a game but honestly don't think LM is the answer. Anyway, RL and his staff will know far more than you or I about his mindset and current capabilities and will call it as they see fit.

leeroy221

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
May 10, 2015
Balham Green.... i am genuinely interested, what team would you choose for Tuesday?

Jul 12, 2016
jerryatricjanner":1160bur4 said:
oldage":1160bur4 said:
jerryatricjanner":1160bur4 said:
No way. Stick with Cooper.He is our future!.
That's my thoughts too really Oldage but I am trying to be a little open minded on the subject. I can see some merit in taking him out the firing line for a game but honestly don't think LM is the answer. Anyway, RL and his staff will know far more than you or I about his mindset and current capabilities and will call it as they see fit.
:thumbs:

Sep 6, 2006
leeroy221":16x0wx9e said:
Balham Green.... i am genuinely interested, what team would you choose for Tuesday?

I don't see them in training and I don't know who's fit. It would include Camara and not Hardie! It needs to be resilient and more defensive minded. 2 sitting midfielders I suggest.

davie nine

R.I.P
Jan 23, 2015
Plympton
PL2 3DQ":12twiu2t said:
davie nine":12twiu2t said:
davie nine":12twiu2t said:
PL2 3DQ":12twiu2t said:
jerryatricjanner":12twiu2t said:

I appreciate you have long defended Cooper.

Lowe has no qualms about resting Jephcott so might decide our shaky defence needs a more experienced keeper behind them. We'll find out on Tuesday.
Bear in mind that this was the same defence that beat Charlton in the FA Cup with Cooper making an excellent save in stoppage time.
RL will know Mike Cooper’s reaction to that defeat and whether it has affected his confidence. Cooper will know that he should have done better for their second goal.
If he decides that a spell on the bench for Cooper is necessary, I will, of course, respect his decision and wish Luke all the best.
Will it be Super Coops or Super Luke?