On GoS: HP35 - We're on the Up! | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP35 - We're on the Up!

Sep 19, 2015
Can only echo the previous sentiments. These images are a brilliant way to track the progress at Home Park. Appreciate the time spent in taking the photos, the editing and the uploading.

Kevin Gollop

🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Sep 24, 2003
Plymouth
Thanks yet again Steve and Bob. Cracking photos as always, and as mentioned on GoS things have looked quiet on the webcams but things are clearly moving at pace now after the intricate demolition phase. The supporters bar looks like it's going to be huge and I'm really looking forward to getting in there for a swift pint!

Argylegames

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Jun 12, 2006
Hampshire, UK
www.argylegames.org.uk
The low level of the sun at this time of year means that most of the grandstand is in shadow and the webcams can't see much.

Without Steve and Bob we would be under the impression that little was happening.

Aug 11, 2013
You two guys' selfless dedication to these updates (which are universally appreciated) is commendable ... although commendable is probably too weak a form of praise. I don't know many people who would give up their valued leisure time in this way to keep us anoraks excited for the next set.

I hope you don't feel you're now both committed to another 10 months of your lives being spent on a building site for and if you felt the need to visit less frequently I think you'd be more than forgiven!! I work fulltime but wonder if you could share the load a bit with other like minded types as this has become quite a commitment!?

justanotherfan

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🍌 Bomber Harris.
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Mar 4, 2012
Plymouth
IJN":1vat0zrx said:
Who was the 2nd man on the Moon? Who came behind Roger Bannister?

:greensmile: :wave:

Warboys? Oh dear, wrong Bannister.

Dec 6, 2012
Plymouth, England, PL2 3HG
arrythewurzel":1ao9s6pj said:
You two guys' selfless dedication to these updates (which are universally appreciated) is commendable ... although commendable is probably too weak a form of praise. I don't know many people who would give up their valued leisure time in this way to keep us anoraks excited for the next set.

I hope you don't feel you're now both committed to another 10 months of your lives being spent on a building site for and if you felt the need to visit less frequently I think you'd be more than forgiven!! I work fulltime but wonder if you could share the load a bit with other like minded types as this has become quite a commitment!?
I am retired and take my own photos on a daily basis

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
Great set again - the GT's bar looks humungous in relation to the changing rooms which do seem tiny...

Okay, stupid question time, what stops the insides of the concrete pumping equipment getting clogged up with concrete when it sets. Presumably air or water is blown through the piping to clear them out but there must surely always be some residue that will build up and rapidly make the pipes useless?

(This question is grounded in my own DIY experience of trying to keep the nozzles of tubes of mastic/sealant open and working for more than a few applications)

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
The changing room complex looks as if the whole thing should be the size of ONE changing room :lol:, but I'm 100% certain that must be deceptive.

There need to be laundry, ref rooms, toilets, ice baths, corridors etc etc as well as two changing rooms, so it MUST be bigger than it looks. The 'big' end of it looks sizeable, it's more the narrow grandstand side of it (I think that's the laundry) that looks really small.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Stuart House":39m4qd3r said:
I think its deceptive. Look at it with some people stood on it. It gives a better idea of size.

That's when it looks smallest to me :lol:

You're right though, the plans look reasonable so it must be deceptive.

(Because we're discussing this, other sites will be laughing about how us sheep have finally realised this whole development is a cheap con :roll:)

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Biggs":15p06nj8 said:
The changing room complex looks as if the whole thing should be the size of ONE changing room :lol:, but I'm 100% certain that must be deceptive.

There need to be laundry, ref rooms, toilets, ice baths, corridors etc etc as well as two changing rooms, so it MUST be bigger than it looks. The 'big' end of it looks sizeable, it's more the narrow grandstand side of it (I think that's the laundry) that looks really small.

I said exactly the same when I saw the footings go in, I have been told since that the plans were passed by Argyle and then after the foundations were laid realised it was going to be too small and were not prepared to meet the cost to make them larger.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I took this one today whist on a visit. I can't stress how big the Supporters Bar will be.

c2qPGOJ.jpg

Aug 11, 2013
Us Lyndhurst folk are feeling shortchanged ! Drinking out of plastic bottles under the concourse looks less and less attractive. I think a move to t’other side might be in order. Think age wise I qualify .. lol

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
dunlop":pv0i9skl said:
Biggs":pv0i9skl said:

I said exactly the same when I saw the footings go in, I have been told since that the plans were passed by Argyle and then after the foundations were laid realised it was going to be too small and were not prepared to meet the cost to make them larger.

Perhaps someone thought the measurements were in feet rather than metres...

Seriously though, in one of the photos in the set the space looks MUCH larger, so I am sure it is just an issue of perspective.