On GoS: HP35 - We're on the Up! | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

On GoS: HP35 - We're on the Up!

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
I have no doubt that the EFL have guidelines, and you can bet your bottom dollar that this will meet the requirements.

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
HC Green":ky4eeu96 said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-new-dressing-rooms-2036745

It’s no doubt the new changing rooms will be an improvement on the previous facilities the problem is how small they are.

Andy S

Administrator
Staff member
🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿🇳🇿
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
dunlop":1f3ifdjz said:
HC Green":1f3ifdjz said:
https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/plymouth-argyle-new-dressing-rooms-2036745

It’s no doubt the new changing rooms will be an improvement on the previous facilities the problem is how small they are.

“We are really excited about the new suite. Obviously, there are a lot of mandatory requirements prescribed by the EFL.

“We are either meeting that standard or exceeding it in every way.

Exactly which bit of that is it that you don't understand?

"Mandatory requirements" is a bit of a giveaway, surely?

Stuart House

🍌 Bomber Harris.
Jan 8, 2006
Bristol
Biggs":ji5nkui4 said:
Stuart House":ji5nkui4 said:
I think its deceptive. Look at it with some people stood on it. It gives a better idea of size.

That's when it looks smallest to me :lol:

You're right though, the plans look reasonable so it must be deceptive.

(Because we're discussing this, other sites will be laughing about how us sheep have finally realised this whole development is a cheap con :roll:)

Probably - although you can find fault in anything if you look really really hard. And if you can't you can always just make it up.

I don't suspect for one minute that the changing room dimensions haven't been checked and rechecked and are perfectly sufficient.

Let's be honest there is enough room to have made them bigger if required. But oh, I don't know, may be they were set at that shape & size as that is what would be required to allow a corner (phase 2) to be built over it without having to alter the existing structure and allowing for Football League regulation stand slopage (?) over the top.

Just an idea ....

Apr 21, 2007
arrythewurzel":2mihjbkd said:
Us Lyndhurst folk are feeling shortchanged ! Drinking out of plastic bottles under the concourse looks less and less attractive. I think a move to t’other side might be in order. Think age wise I qualify .. lol

Isn't it going to be accessable from outside the ground for everyone to use?

dunlop

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
Darrenpafc":jvfs0sm6 said:
arrythewurzel":jvfs0sm6 said:
Us Lyndhurst folk are feeling shortchanged ! Drinking out of plastic bottles under the concourse looks less and less attractive. I think a move to t’other side might be in order. Think age wise I qualify .. lol

Isn't it going to be accessable from outside the ground for everyone to use?

Yes.

I've been looking on the PCC website, but nowhere can I find the approved drawings for the changing rooms. Was hoping for a drawing register, but can't see one of those either. I'm sure they are both there somewhere. Has anyone found them?

These are the EFL requirements for Dressing Rooms:

19 Dressing Rooms

19.1 The provisions of this paragraph Dressing Rooms shall apply unless any Club has been granted a dispensation by the Board. Any Club wishing to apply for a dispensation must have applied no later than 31st January 2014 (or, in the case of a Club promoted from the National League, at the same time as their application for promotion in accordance with Regulation Promotion and Relegation between League 2 and The National League) setting out the grounds on which it seeks a dispensation. Applications shall be determined by the Board in its absolute discretion. Save in the case of the most exceptional circumstances (again as determined by the Board in its absolute discretion) dispensations can only be granted for a maximum period of five years. An application may be refused, granted or granted subject to such conditions as the Board may determine (including having such amounts as the Board shall determine withheld from the Club’s central distributions from the Pool Account).

19.2 Players. Separate dressing rooms must be provided for the teams. The minimum size for each changing room is 30sq. metres and each dressing room must have either:

(2.a) a shower area comprising at least 6 shower units; or

(2.b) 6 separate baths.

19.3 Each room must also be equipped with at least:

(3.a) 2 urinals;
(3.b) 2 WC’s;
(3.c) 2 washbasins,

or more if required by the responsible Health and Safety authority.

19.4 Each room must also be equipped with at least:

(4.a) 1 massage table;

(4.b) 1 fridge; and

(4.c) 1 tactical board.

19.5 Match Officials. The dressing room for match officials must have a changing area of at least 10 sq. metres and at least two showers. There must be one WC and one washbasin available for the exclusive use of the match officials.

19.6 All dressing rooms must be heated, well ventilated, have non slip floors, be free from damp and secure.

Steve Dean

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
Bermudian Green":14wwjf0j said:
I've been looking on the PCC website, but nowhere can I find the approved drawings for the changing rooms. Was hoping for a drawing register, but can't see one of those either. I'm sure they are both there somewhere. Has anyone found them?
This came from a planning doc but I can't remember which one. Hopefully it helps though?

www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos.asp?vie ... load=pic43

GreensOnScreen":2nebpt3z said:
Bermudian Green":2nebpt3z said:
This came from a planning doc but I can't remember which one. Hopefully it helps though?

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photos. ... load=pic43

Nice one. A very basic scale of that gives the home dressing room as 30m², plus the requisite number of urinals, whbs, wcs and showers.

The Doctor

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Sep 15, 2003
Plymouth
andapoet.blog
How come an entire team (18 players, management, physio etc) get only 3 times the space that just 4 match officials get? That seems a bit unfair.

All this talk of the space being small reminds me of just how really small and, how shall I put this, ‘atmospheric’ the old changing rooms were. Pretty much anything is a huge improvement on those.

But more to the point, can anyone answer my question about why the concrete pumping pipes don’t get clogged up? It’s starting to really bug me.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
The Doctor":2zzkyzbu said:
But more to the point, can anyone answer my question about why the concrete pumping pipes don’t get clogged up? It’s starting to really bug me.

That was my first thought too, even before thinking what a clever machine it was. :greensmile:

Aug 11, 2013
The Doctor":33xsgpig said:

The pipes receive a lubricant before pumping commences and are cleaned using water and a football size sponge.