Open Supporters Meeting 11am Saturday - Speaker James Brent | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Open Supporters Meeting 11am Saturday - Speaker James Brent

Mar 23, 2011
Fareham
Trev501":27gmwt8w said:
I was hoping to get a video of the whole meeting uploaded to youtube before kick-off this afternoon but its taking to long to process. Hopefully up later this evening when I get back from the match; probably in three or four chunks as it runs to around 45 minutes.
You tube channel name? :thumbup:

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
SurreyGreen":2wmn0uok said:
Trev501":2wmn0uok said:
I was hoping to get a video of the whole meeting uploaded to youtube before kick-off this afternoon but its taking to long to process. Hopefully up later this evening when I get back from the match; probably in three or four chunks as it runs to around 45 minutes.
Not sure what you mean by that, but I'll put direct links to the files here.

M

MoistVonLipwig

Trev501":nz9ib5hi said:
SurreyGreen":nz9ib5hi said:
Trev501":nz9ib5hi said:
Not sure what you mean by that, but I'll put direct links to the files here.

Thanks Trev, it will be very much appreciated.

M

MoistVonLipwig

hamzie":13jxqj2c said:
Too many pages to look through now, but what did James Brent say this morning? Anything worth telling us, who couldn't get there?

Strangely, nothing about it on any of the threads!

Trev501

🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸🇪🇸
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Jam First
Brickfields Donor
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 3, 2006
Dolores (Alicante) Spain
The three files which cover the full meeting will be posted via GOS shortly. Sorry for the delay, processing files in HD takes some time. Steve will post here once they are available.
Cheers, Trev

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
Interesting session, not least because those present by and large went mute.

Still , I got the chance to ask 2 questions. The second was concerned the absorbtion of PAFC into Akkeron Group as reported this week and would Argyles finances be transparent. JB thought this had not come out correctly; he said Argyle would be a stand alone company and that woul;d put it on the same terms as his other 2,000 UK employees.

My first qquestion concerrned the footprint of HP which he intended to sell back to PCC and what he intended to keep. I went on to suggest that if he sold the ground back to PCC how then would he finance the South Stand. I also asked what he intended to do with the car park on the basis he would retain this. He appeared a bit wooly on these points, he said they hadnt thought through what to do with the car park, but would be retaining it. He confirmed the South Stand needed completion but didnt say how, by whom or when.

All in all a useful exercise I felt. James came across as sincere and genuine whilst retaining a naive streak about football in general and Argyle in particular.

We chattted after the formal session and it is clear he reads (or is told of events) on Pasoti and is taking a keen interest. He makes no bones about seeing us as a CCC club but he would sell in the best interests of the club if we needed a push to get into the premiership.

Personally, in the short term, Id be happy us staying in the 4th division!

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
hamzie":2e2n4loj said:
Too many pages to look through now, but what did James Brent say this morning? Anything worth telling us, who couldn't get there?

Hamzie, besides my own questions the other main theme was the Riddler. Clearly JB has a lot of time for him and would welcome him back on his terms.

He went on to say he was keen to appoint a board of directors and they would appoint a Chairman and CEO. I did notice Peter Jones hanging on his every word at this point :greensmile: Also good to see John Lloyd in the centre of things again.

he was a little iffy on the point of a Trust/fans appointee to the Board. Initially, he was clearly against, but later softened his stance. leaving most confused, but by then happy that despite JBs words of caution most people there "knew" we were saved and who had saved us.

May 19, 2010
so then tony, does this mean that the trust are going to be disappointed in their quest to get on the board ?..........it will break their hearts.

L

Laughter My Ploy

Why should the Trust be disappointed....job done for the time being

A strong fans advisory/watching group made up of the Trust/season ticket holders/supporters branches should be what comes out of this as a minimum....if Brent has any sense he'll tap into that

I would also hate if fans sleep walk into another financial meltdown....never again must we casually accept what a board is doing to the club....a fans group should asking if the bills have been paid....that plans have been costed...etc....there are 13 million reasons for keeping our collective beady eyes open

monkeywrench

Administrator
Staff member
🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Brickfields Donor
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Jan 12, 2006
Cornwall
GregCampbellFanClub":3ocm9pzq said:
so then tony, does this mean that the trust are going to be disappointed in their quest to get on the board ?..........it will break their hearts.

Nasty unnecessary post.

tonycholwell

R.I.P
Jun 9, 2006
Somerset
monkeywrench":kg121s7d said:
GregCampbellFanClub":kg121s7d said:

Nasty unnecessary post.

I was only reporting what was said, I hope it didnt appear partial.

My impression was there would be no Trust Board member elected to position but that in thte Directors chosen the fans would be well represented. I thought the inferrence from that was quite clear.

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
tonycholwell":2eclzkgz said:
monkeywrench":2eclzkgz said:
GregCampbellFanClub":2eclzkgz said:

Nasty unnecessary post.

I was only reporting what was said, I hope it didnt appear partial.

My impression was there would be no Trust Board member elected to position but that in thte Directors chosen the fans would be well represented. I thought the inferrence from that was quite clear.
I can't remember his exact words but he was against having a nominee from the Trust on the Board because of what could happen if that nominee was not up to the job further down the line. He was against supporters buying shares due to the financial instability of the club but was definately in favour of fan involvement in some form. For his exact wording see the videos on GOS, which I can't access at the moment.