Our location a problem? I don't think so. | Page 6 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our location a problem? I don't think so.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Pogleswoody":2ws69b8z said:
Paranoid Android":2ws69b8z said:
Biggs":2ws69b8z said:
Paranoid Android":2ws69b8z said:
Ed Sheeran has just agreed a shirt sponsorship deal with his home club Ipswich. Norwich have Delia Smith, could Argyle find a high profile celeb to generate a more positive national image for our club? I was thinking of Muse (Teignmouth) but Matt and the crew are probably more leaning towards the unmentionables up the road. Chris Martin of Coldplay too.

If you look around the leagues and even the Premier League, I think we're very fortunate to have Ginsters. Especially now we seem to have lost the red blob completely.

Agreed. I wasn’t thinking shirt sponsorship but having a presence on the media that could elevate the image of our club. A musician would be my ideal, being a keen musician myself. But anyone with a high profile really. Not Elton John tho :crazy:

Josh Widdecombe?

He reads this site by the way. :wave:

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Andy B.":331bdgjh said:
Lundan Cabbie thanks for your reply regarding the runway. Plymouth has really dropped the ball with the airport. If they could get the bigger jets down here then Plymouth could have been a hub for European holidays.

They wouldn't get away with that, the people that moved into those houses opposite the runway (Blue Haze?) started complaining as soon as they moved in about the Dash 7's, I believe the complaints were upheld. That was the death knell for Plymouth 'Airport' in my humble opinion.

I believe the only jet to land on that runway was the Queen's flight quite a few years ago now.

Apr 1, 2009
Brechin Hedge":dmirp64y said:
manager, ceo, chairman, some directors, players. only the fans are truely locals.

its like plymouth argyle has become a franchise club and used for others to benefit.

the fans put in circa £3m a year in season tickets, merchandise, gate admissions etc. why not represented in the decision making processs at the club?

other clubs are making this happen right now so why not at Argyle? fans are the biggest investors in the club over time so should be represented.

is the fans trust pushing for this ??? now seems the time and with the 50 plus 1 rule being debated could be a requirement soon

show the way argyle

What a complete load of nonsense. You've got a man like Simon Hallett, a fan, grew up in Plymouth, has literally put many millions into improving the infrastructure of the club. He's also been incredibly open in what he does, inviting direct communication from fans, attending regular fans forums, listening to comments, constructive criticism and ideas. Yet you want fans to be able to tell him what to do.

How is Argyle a franchise? Who are you talking about as others who benefit? Are you talking about paid employees (playing and non playing) some of whom hail from elsewhere? That's always been the case. Or are you talking about directors? Do you think they are creaming off loads of money? Do you not think that SH could have found umpteen safer and more lucrative opportunities for his money than a third tier football club, had he been looking at true investment potential?

On the subject of investors, financially speaking fans are not investors. Even though most of us invest a lot of emotion in Argyle, from a financial position we are customers - it's a horrible word, but it's true. We buy tickets, shirts and other souvenirs, we're not looking for financial return on what we spend, any more than when we buy groceries at Tesco. If we make a purchase "to help the club", it's a gift, not an investment.

Moving to your fans representative(s), how are they supposed to operate? You only have to read this Board (which is pretty civilised in terms of football media) to see that there's very little that everyone agrees on - Biggs mentioned the few topics that might get complete approval, but there aren't many. The AFT have on several occasions tried to do things, only to be met by those not in agreement screaming "you don't represent me". It doesn't work. The pressure on the reps would be horrendous - IJN said people would be jealous of them, but frankly they'd be on a hiding to nothing.

So Brechin, be specific. What are the things you are unhappy about? Or do you just "want a say" about nothing in particular? Why not contact Mr Hallett in person, if put in a civil manner he will respond accordingly.

It's strange that you've come out with all this now, as I believe the majority really do think that the club is currently better run off the field than at almost any time in its history.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
IJN":1imqgx0z said:
Pogleswoody":1imqgx0z said:
Paranoid Android":1imqgx0z said:
Biggs":1imqgx0z said:
Paranoid Android":1imqgx0z said:
Ed Sheeran has just agreed a shirt sponsorship deal with his home club Ipswich. Norwich have Delia Smith, could Argyle find a high profile celeb to generate a more positive national image for our club? I was thinking of Muse (Teignmouth) but Matt and the crew are probably more leaning towards the unmentionables up the road. Chris Martin of Coldplay too.

If you look around the leagues and even the Premier League, I think we're very fortunate to have Ginsters. Especially now we seem to have lost the red blob completely.

Agreed. I wasn’t thinking shirt sponsorship but having a presence on the media that could elevate the image of our club. A musician would be my ideal, being a keen musician myself. But anyone with a high profile really. Not Elton John tho :crazy:

Josh Widdecombe?

He reads this site by the way. :wave:

I was thinking, maybe he knows someone who is a celebrity? :think: