Our location a problem? I don't think so. | Page 5 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our location a problem? I don't think so.

dunlop

🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Nov 17, 2009
If the manager lived locally that would help.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
:clap: Agree with that.

It feels like after Argyle play in Plymouth, everyone involved drives North.

Sep 22, 2020
manager, ceo, chairman, some directors, players. only the fans are truely locals.

its like plymouth argyle has become a franchise club and used for others to benefit.

the fans put in circa £3m a year in season tickets, merchandise, gate admissions etc. why not represented in the decision making processs at the club?

other clubs are making this happen right now so why not at Argyle? fans are the biggest investors in the club over time so should be represented.

is the fans trust pushing for this ??? now seems the time and with the 50 plus 1 rule being debated could be a requirement soon

show the way argyle

P

Paranoid Android

Brechin Hedge":2z8cfnjg said:
manager, ceo, chairman, some directors, players. only the fans are truely locals.

its like plymouth argyle has become a franchise club and used for others to benefit.

the fans put in circa £3m a year in season tickets, merchandise, gate admissions etc. why not represented in the decision making processs at the club?

other clubs are making this happen right now so why not at Argyle? fans are the biggest investors in the club over time so should be represented.

is the fans trust pushing for this ??? now seems the time and with the 50 plus 1 rule being debated could be a requirement soon

show the way argyle

I'd love to hear the Chairman's view of the percieved benefit to him. Putting £13M into the club for a seasons loss of £0.7M

They don't give away freebies to freeloaders any more so that's a benefit I guess.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Brechin Hedge":11tn78f9 said:

show the way argyle

I think there should be a fan 'golden share' or veto on the really huge decisions at a club. Name change, shirt colour, stadium relocation, whether to join a breakaway league ( :whistle: ) and things of that nature.

But in terms of involving fans in decisions on player recruitment and general running of a club... no thanks, leave it to the experts please.

P

Paranoid Android

Ed Sheeran has just agreed a shirt sponsorship deal with his home club Ipswich. Norwich have Delia Smith, could Argyle find a high profile celeb to generate a more positive national image for our club? I was thinking of Muse (Teignmouth) but Matt and the crew are probably more leaning towards the unmentionables up the road. Chris Martin of Coldplay too.

IJN

Site Owner
Nov 29, 2012
Plus any fan or fans that would get involved with the Board if 50+1 ever happened would be hit by a campaign of hate and jealously.

It's all pie in the sky, it really is.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Paranoid Android":33i8n3kx said:
Ed Sheeran has just agreed a shirt sponsorship deal with his home club Ipswich. Norwich have Delia Smith, could Argyle find a high profile celeb to generate a more positive national image for our club? I was thinking of Muse (Teignmouth) but Matt and the crew are probably more leaning towards the unmentionables up the road. Chris Martin of Coldplay too.

If you look around the leagues and even the Premier League, I think we're very fortunate to have Ginsters. Especially now we seem to have lost the red blob completely.

P

Paranoid Android

Biggs":2yisoko6 said:
Paranoid Android":2yisoko6 said:

If you look around the leagues and even the Premier League, I think we're very fortunate to have Ginsters. Especially now we seem to have lost the red blob completely.

Agreed. I wasn’t thinking shirt sponsorship but having a presence on the media that could elevate the image of our club. A musician would be my ideal, being a keen musician myself. But anyone with a high profile really. Not Elton John tho :crazy:

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Princerock":3ronws3p said:
Lundan Cabbie":3ronws3p said:
Andy B.":3ronws3p said:
Will the airport ever reopen?

I can't see it ever being a viable venture without the lengthening of the runway to allow larger aircraft, something that looks geographically impossible without the astronomical cost of compulsory purchase to make way for it.

The landing fees for Gatwick, Heathrow, Stanstead and London City make these routes uneconomical with smaller aeroplanes.
It was the loss of the services to London that finally brought about the closure so without planes going to the capital, it would just fall flat on it's face.

How does the runway compare with the London City Airport length ?

London City is about 300 yards longer than at the Plymouth site.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Brechin Hedge":7cqnbi94 said:

show the way argyle

Simon Hallett is a supporter and owns far more than 51% of the club or does he not count as being a fan?.

At my club, Steve Parish is a lifelong supporter yet you should see the flack he gets.

Even if you have fans representation on football club boards, there will still be other fans who won't like the decisions the club and fan representatives make.

Pogleswoody

R.I.P
Jul 3, 2006
Location Location
Paranoid Android":1vteljbz said:
Biggs":1vteljbz said:
Paranoid Android":1vteljbz said:

Agreed. I wasn’t thinking shirt sponsorship but having a presence on the media that could elevate the image of our club. A musician would be my ideal, being a keen musician myself. But anyone with a high profile really. Not Elton John tho :crazy:

Josh Widdecombe?

May 16, 2016
Brechin Hedge":1x01n8y5 said:

show the way argyle

To be fair, we're having enough trouble deciding if Plymouth is a long way away, a fully representative fan presence on the board would be difficult. ;)

Didn't we have something under the previous regime ? I recall reading online fall outs over that.

Mar 11, 2021
Tavistock
Lundan Cabbie thanks for your reply regarding the runway. Plymouth has really dropped the ball with the airport. If they could get the bigger jets down here then Plymouth could have been a hub for European holidays.

Btw nice to meet you a few weeks back you picked me up from derriford and we chatted football for ages.

Lundan Cabbie

⚪️ Pasoti Visitor ⚪️
Sep 3, 2008
Plymouth
Andy B.":1fox5ptu said:
Lundan Cabbie thanks for your reply regarding the runway. Plymouth has really dropped the ball with the airport. If they could get the bigger jets down here then Plymouth could have been a hub for European holidays.

Btw nice to meet you a few weeks back you picked me up from derriford and we chatted football for ages.
:scarf: