Our much vaunted away support | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Our much vaunted away support

Jun 2, 2016
I was in the stand on the side. No booing. Plenty walking out yes but if anything I was surprised by the amount of applause. And that was my impression from the fans behind the goal too. Not so?

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
I couldn't bring myself to applaud at full time, so I just left, anybody who booed however, is a complete moron, this team were bottom not long ago.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Green_Flash":p9gb6qnk said:
Fans are customers players are paid to a job - they should keep any thoughts to themselves

Yawn.

I love it when players give entitled and abusive fans a taste of their own medicine.

If you can’t take it, don’t dish it out.

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
moles40":2bgkwldc said:
Bradley apparently upset that fans were booing the team,what did he expect from that dire performance.

The same fans to have a bit of perspective and appreciate that those same players have got us into a brilliant position?

He’d be right.

Cobi Budge

Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
Apr 8, 2011
Plymouth
90% of the time with Argyle, the bigger the away following, the quieter we are. Allocated seating is probably part of the reason.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
There were some fans at the barriers giving some stick, didn't hear what was said, one had Harper on the back of his shirt.

But very soon after the Argyle chant went up from the fans in the stand.

Sep 18, 2004
West in East Anglia
Cobi Budge":14683fb7 said:
90% of the time with Argyle, the bigger the away following, the quieter we are. Allocated seating is probably part of the reason.

There was a lot of noise from all parts of the stand. However the lack of chances and the realisation that Northampton dominated us for nearly all of the game spread the disquiet among the crowd.

Sep 23, 2014
plymouth
PAFC Norfolk":5r665crp said:
There were some fans at the barriers giving some stick, didn't hear what was said, one had Harper on the back of his shirt.

Frank !! :angel:

Keepitgreen

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
🇰🇪 Welicar Donor
♣️ PACSA Member
♣️ Senior Greens
✅ Evergreen
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
🚑 Steve Hooper
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
May 12, 2008
Plymouth
I must admit I didn't hear any boos. Lots of shouting and gesturing at the players which is what I think Sonny reacted to.

Apr 9, 2011
even Spurs supporters went quiet second half yesterday, if you cant get behind your team to lift them as Spurs needed 2nd half in an FA cup semi final ??

Jan 3, 2013
pearces greens":1hn8m51b said:
PAFC Norfolk":1hn8m51b said:

Frank !! :angel:
Emphatically not me I was in plymuff

Oct 20, 2015
We were pretty quiet despite the 1000+ fans packed into the away end and side bit. It felt like collective disbelief of what we were watching; was this the same team that put four past Southend, and turned a 1-0 deficit into a 2-1 win against Peterborough?

Before kick off I was thinking how we had packed their away end and the home seats were maybe 60% filled - I guess not surprising given Northampton's league position going into the match. Predictably their fans became louder once they scored, and for my part I didn't have an answer - I felt stunned into silence watching an abject display.

Highlight of the game: convenient parking.

G

Green Smirk

Green_Flash":jnvs8ww7 said:
Fans are customers players are paid to a job - they should keep any thoughts to themselves

Since when has football ever been that transactional? Camaraderie is a vital