Oxford up next | Page 2 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford up next

Sep 21, 2003
Peverell
Ipplepen green":2pkkyd1o said:
Having never visited the ground before, could anyone give details as to parking and pubs etc? Thanks

It's dismal. Partially-built, out-of-town ground on a retail estate. The only place I have found to have a pint nearby is a bowling alley, where you can drink watery lager from a plastic cup to the sound of skittles crashing down.

Stay in the city centre for as long as possible before the game!

Mar 8, 2016
Been to oxford quite a few times watching argyle now, terrible atmosphere and stinks of poo for some reason. I think we’ll get a positive result Saturday. Will this be the first time nelson has played against us? He was injured last season wasn’t he?

JannerinCardiff

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
♣️ SWAG Member
Jul 16, 2018
Cardiff
I’ve a bad feeling this game will be the start of better things to come from Oxford. On paper they’re not that bad a team and they will pick up pts at some stage.

Frank Butcher

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Oct 9, 2003
Gairloch
landons forehead":2e5czt6k said:
Ipplepen green":2e5czt6k said:
Having never visited the ground before, could anyone give details as to parking and pubs etc? Thanks

It's dismal. Partially-built, out-of-town ground on a retail estate. The only place I have found to have a pint nearby is a bowling alley, where you can drink watery lager from a plastic cup to the sound of skittles crashing down.

Stay in the city centre for as long as possible before the game!

Re: parking, I was warned about the free car park as it apparently takes an age to escape from after the game (not sure if true because I haven't actually used it). Anyway, I've always parked along Grenoble Road when visiting - spaces usually available if you get there at a reasonable time, though increasingly further away from the ground the later you are.

Dec 3, 2005
Ipplepen green":2k6ckxmv said:
Thanks for the info. Sounds like a few pints in the town is the best bet before the game.

Probably better to have MORE then a few, before game ;)

Oct 20, 2015
Army green":3352xtbh said:
Been to oxford quite a few times watching argyle now, terrible atmosphere and stinks of poo for some reason. I think we’ll get a positive result Saturday. Will this be the first time nelson has played against us? He was injured last season wasn’t he?

The stink is down to the nearby sewage farm to the south-west of the ground... delightful. Strong southerly forecast for Saturday, maybe take a clothes peg :roll:

R

Ronus

[/quote]
Re: parking, I was warned about the free car park as it apparently takes an age to escape from after the game (not sure if true because I haven't actually used it). Anyway, I've always parked along Grenoble Road when visiting - spaces usually available if you get there at a reasonable time, though increasingly further away from the ground the later you are.[/quote]

Appreciate the advice for Grenoble Road. Coming over again from NL and need to leave without too much delay to board the train in Folkestone.
Oxford City center for a pint will do it. Shame the ground is too far out of town. In fact in another town outside the city itself.

Sep 2, 2008
From my Oxford supporting friend
'All of the housing estates are permit only. If you get there early, there will be space on the road approaching the stadium otherwise it's actually in the car park. The only downside is that it'll take you half an hour to get out!!!'

oddball

Pasoti Quiz Winner
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Dec 30, 2004
A classic six pointer even as early in the season as this....a win and we are slowly getting out of the mire...a defeat and we are right back in the brown stuff...

Biggs

Administrator
Staff member
✅ Evergreen
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
✨Pasoti Donor✨
🌟Sparksy Mural🌟
Feb 14, 2010
Plymouth/London
Said the same on another thread, but...

I had no idea Jamie Mackie was at Oxford! They have some team on paper.

Sep 2, 2008
Biggs":3rhiqtj0 said:
Said the same on another thread, but...

I had no idea Jamie Mackie was at Oxford! They have some team on paper.

Like Cloughie said though 'The game isn't played on paper'.