Oxford up next | Page 3 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

Oxford up next

Jun 2, 2016
Got a taxi from the town centre last year. Traffic builds up as you reach the ground. We got out and walked the last 10 mins. Tomorrow reckon we'll walk instead.
How did the club and fans let someone build a ground in such a ridiculous location?

Jul 6, 2011
Thinking about the match tomorrow I hope Adams doesn't even consider replacing Peter Grant with Canavan.
Grant is one of the few revelations from the the New signings.

Oct 14, 2015
Steve Evans":1whx3n5i said:
i would bring canavan back in for peter grant.peter was,along with most of the others,run ragged against swindon.

As were most of the team yet previous to that Peter Grant has been receiving rave reviews from regular attendees at games and you want to drop him?? :sigh: :sigh: and no mention of Fletcher from you either this morning ??

Apr 15, 2015
Pottypilgrim":gdg4yj05 said:
From my Oxford supporting friend
'All of the housing estates are permit only. If you get there early, there will be space on the road approaching the stadium otherwise it's actually in the car park. The only downside is that it'll take you half an hour to get out!!!'

I’m no longer in Hooe - now living in Oxon and seen a lot of games at the Kassam. Don’t park in Greater Leys, the newish build estate next to ground as its permits only and very regularly enforced. Likewise the grass verges on Grenoble Rd. There are fewer restrictions on Blackbird Leys (and it’s not quite as grim as it’s past reputation). Just beware of The Blackbird pub - definitely home only and a bit lively on occasions. Lots of street parking near Blackbird Leys leisure centre and it’s a 5 minute walk. Many home fans get buses from city centre to the Leys anyway. I’m also told Littlemore Rugby Club is good and friendly but haven’t tested that out. Personally I’ll be on the football special bus from Witney.

Feb 2, 2007
IJN":96uik6sp said:
I wouldn't have thought Kassam did Fan Forums.

We think we've had some dodgy owners over the years.

I was "lucky" enough to witness the majority of Oxford home games in the Dave Kemp/Joe Kinnear/Firoz dream ticket in the final year at the Manor. Relegated from this league with 27 points, beaten twice by Swindon, finished with 9 men and a coin lobbying contest in the home game I remember, used 35 players in the season, horrendous long ball, aimless football. All for the dream of the Kasstad which Firoz has milked and squeezed the club on to the extent the club get none of the match day revenue generated from the ground.

And all that after Robert and Kevin Maxwell. And now Tiger doesn't seem much better.

You are only as "good" as your owner in football writ large in this story.

Sep 30, 2018
Haven't seen last few games what's okeefe been offering, defensive cover or good attacking presence?

Nov 30, 2010
Plympton
Top6utd":1qqcog11 said:
Haven't seen last few games what's okeefe been offering, defensive cover or good attacking presence?

You haven't missed anything !

TBH he is not the midfield general I was expecting and we needed. He is quite slight and wirey but does have aggression and energy. His ball distribution with both feet is okay but he has not stood out as either of the above roles.
He has been played wide rather than central so this may be hampering him as I see him more as the quarterback

He has no where near the presence of Toums nor the impact and along with a woeful defence midfield has been our issue.
Assuming Carey and Lameiras are 1st picks that leaves 3 midfield berths and its hard to say which are our best 3 combo in there.

On paper I would choose Fox, Sarcevic and Ness if FULLY fit but in a struggling team you cannot ignore Songo's performances.
We definitely have not found the best balance/combo combined with some woeful negative tactics from DA

John Cooper

🏆 Callum Wright 23/24
Cream First
Brickfields Donor
Jade Berrow 23/24
🎫 S.T. Donor 🎫
Auction Winner 👨‍⚖️
✨Pasoti Donor✨
Feb 20, 2011
Peverell
Steve Evans":31y66ex1 said:
i would bring canavan back in for peter grant.peter was,along with most of the others,run ragged against swindon.

In the match I was at, I thought Grant did well, he was sorely let down by Edwards who was slow and Brown who didn’t turn up. Grant and Tof were the only positives in the match.

Jun 2, 2016
Steve Evans":2chfz0l5 said:
We can't go dropping players for 1 (perceived) poor game. Especially after the player has had 3 good games. Need some sort of continuity.

Sep 6, 2006
the_corkscrew":3qj4ollk said:
Steve Evans":3qj4ollk said:
We can't go dropping players for 1 (perceived) poor game. Especially after the player has had 3 good games. Need some sort of continuity.

Basically whatever Steve says usually the opposite makes sense. Just when we are finally getting some stability at the back let's change it again. Brilliant!