PandA Statement | Page 4 | PASOTI
  • This site is sponsored by Lang & Potter.

PandA Statement

M

Midfield Diamond

tigertony":34zqc4lw said:
I'll get ridiculed but I've never let that thought affect me in life .. and I've done Ok ish !

Yes - wonderful news indeed !!

I know the posts and speeches and announcements say thanks to ''all'' - well I include Riddler in my ''all''. If only a little bit of his activity has helped then I'm comfortable with that. Lets not let the great news veil the ??? many have over the handling of the situation over the last 5 months. Too many people in the fight, but on the inside, have indicated that some actions were, shall we say, strange. If an inquiry can show certain actions, while legal, are not conducive to cracking admin quickly and safely then at least they are flagged up for the next unfortunate club. No doubt there will be one - lots probably.

Its up up and away from now. My personal thanks to those fans who have really put in the hours - Chris W particularly. You are all, as are the green army, outstanding.

This is indeed great news and I (and all the other BHA fans at the Fans Reunited) really hope that your new owners live up to your not unreasonable expectations. We will also be opening the bubbly when it all goes through.

On the subject of FA/Football League Inquiries and lessons learned though, I fear that Tigertony's hopes are merely pipe dreams. They won't be interested. Expect a bland statement along the lines of "We are pleased that Plymouth appear to have addressed their problems" and then nothing.

But leave that depressing thought to one side and celebrate the news that your Club is at last emerging from its dark days.

P

Paul_Roberts

tonycholwell":1o6yz44r said:
Im not sure why people shouldnt relax and think of better times.

JB wouldnt have stood in front of the GA on Saturday if he didnt think it was plain sailing let alone seeing the staff tomorrow.

Added to which Chris wont take my bet that JB will complete, speaks volumes. We have a new owner, everyone knows that, even the Administrator and creditors. Yes, its not finally signed off, but JB has still bought Argyle in less time than most people take to buy a house. He knows he's home and the feet are still dry.

Rejoice, I am :greensmile:

ps If anyone thinks the deal will still fall through offer me a bet and i'll happily take it.

Tony - Dan McCauley bought Argyle in one afternoon, and we know how that turned out! ;)

Seriously, though, this is great news. I'll await James Brent's five-year plan with baited breath (and I don't mean that to be cynical - I'm genuinely intrigued as to what his long-term plan for the club is, especially after his recent comment about offloading the club to someone with greater means if we find ourselves back in a good position in the Championship).

Apr 26, 2011
Saltash
tonycholwell":1fxlk1ln said:
Im not sure why people shouldnt relax and think of better times.

JB wouldnt have stood in front of the GA on Saturday if he didnt think it was plain sailing let alone seeing the staff tomorrow.

Added to which Chris wont take my bet that JB will complete, speaks volumes. We have a new owner, everyone knows that, even the Administrator and creditors. Yes, its not finally signed off, but JB has still bought Argyle in less time than most people take to buy a house. He knows he's home and the feet are still dry.

Rejoice, I am :greensmile:

ps If anyone thinks the deal will still fall through offer me a bet and i'll happily take it.

Depends on the odds, Tony. :shifty: It's certainly one I'd expect and be happy to lose! :greensmile:

P

Paul_Roberts

John_Lloyd":vnjq3lps said:
I'm rather pleased that the phrase "five year plan to get this club into the Premiership" hasn't been uttered so far.
It's just a meaningless mantra that's become part of the lexicon for new owners to trot out in order to garner fanbase support in the early days of a regime.

It's become as redundant a term as "imminent" and "hunky-dory".

Small steps, declared with caution and understatement, will suit me.

I agree, John. I think every new owner in our club's history has shoehorned the word 'potential' into their bid somewhere along the line.

I am keen to hear what Brent's long-term plan is, though. I know he dismissed the 'reluctant bidder' tag some time ago and his purchase is now more than just a rescue mission, but I still need to hear that he has some kind of strategy for getting this club back to where it belongs.

Melbourne Mark

🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺🇦🇺
Mar 1, 2006
Melbourne
:D :scarf:

Chuffed as...oops no need to hear that sort of gibberish again!

At least one very pleased Argyle fan here in Melbourne tonight upon reading this :thumbup:

Thanks to all who have made this happen, from the staff, players, supporters, GTs, Trust, contingency group, bucket collectors, donators, and Akkeron group and James Brent.